LadyNightshade

Fire Emblem

I've never played the older games and, even though reading about it on the wiki makes me drool my RPG brains out, I probably wouldn't be able to. I'm such a big chicken that even when I play Awakening on Casual I get this empty feeling when someone is knocked out in combat. Even when they don't die. It makes the game a lot more interesting, and I'll TOTALLY agree with the idea that they should be dying, but I couldn't emotionally pull myself though it. I almost had to put the game down when SPOILER Emmeryn dies , I couldn't play if any one of my lovelies died. I can barely get by when they get a scratch. Call me weak or feeble, it ain't gonna happen. However... if they maybe added the old games to the wireless shop with updated options to use Casual I'd snatch them up in a flash. The deaths being part of the plot wouldn't bother me as much knowing it wasn't my fault that they're dead.

I've never played the older games and, even though reading about it on the wiki makes me drool my RPG brains out, I probably wouldn't be able to. I'm such a big chicken that even when I play Awakening on Casual I get this empty feeling when someone is knocked out in combat. Even when they don't die. It makes the game a lot more interesting, and I'll TOTALLY agree with the idea that they should be dying, but I couldn't emotionally pull myself though it. I almost had to put the game down when SPOILER Emmeryn dies , I couldn't play if any one of my lovelies died. I can barely get by when they get a scratch. Call me weak or feeble, it ain't gonna happen. However... if they maybe added the old games to the wireless shop with updated options to use Casual I'd snatch them up in a flash. The deaths being part of the plot wouldn't bother me as much knowing it wasn't my fault that they're dead.

Spoiler about your spoiler: Apparently she didn't die; you can get her through one of the downloadable Spotpass maps. However, she isn't her normal self; the fall caused severe amnesia and she can hardly talk and remembers basically nothing- not even Chrom or Lissa (though she does seem to realize that they are special to her, even if she can't really remember them).

I know what you mean. I play on Classic and just restart when someone dies. There's still those few units that I'm really attached to; when they die my heart sinks. I especially hate when I'm playing Awakening and I hear those units' death cries. On Wednesday, I was fighting someone I had tagged on Streetpass and I killed their male Morgan. When I heard his death cry, I found myself grimacing and mentally apologizing to the game. DX

Edited by Windnose

Spoiler about your spoiler: Apparently she didn't die; you can get her through one of the downloadable Spotpass maps. However, she isn't her normal self; the fall caused severe amnesia and she can hardly talk and remembers basically nothing- not even Chrom or Lissa (though she does seem to realize that they are special to her, even if she can't really remember them).

I know what you mean. I play on Classic and just restart when someone dies. There's still those few units that I'm really attached to; when they die my heart sinks. I especially hate when I'm playing Awakening and I hear those units' death cries. On Wednesday, I was fighting someone I had tagged on Streetpass and I killed their male Morgan. When I heard his death cry, I found myself grimacing and mentally apologizing to the game. DX

I had my biggest blonde moment the other day when I attacked a Parley team's Nowi with my own Nowi, and almost screamed because I had forgotten that the Nowi dying wasn't mine. I don't think I've ever been that close to a heart attack since I played Misao.

My opinions on that spoiler's spoiler, I don't play 'A Hard Miracle' because it doesn't feel right to have her on my team after such a sacrifice. Gangrel felt okay because it dealt a lot with his reform and he never was much more than an antagonist. Walhart felt right to have on the team because deep down we had the same goals in mind. Emmeryn was a major driving force in the game and caused so much development on Chrom and to some extent, Lissa, that it just feels wrong to have her alive. It would have been better if she disappeared after defeating Grima, but you find out that she lives a pretty calm life in Ferox after the war. That just... ugh, I don't know. It bugs me.

I had my biggest blonde moment the other day when I attacked a Parley team's Nowi with my own Nowi, and almost screamed because I had forgotten that the Nowi dying wasn't mine. I don't think I've ever been that close to a heart attack since I played Misao.

My opinions on that spoiler's spoiler, I don't play 'A Hard Miracle' because it doesn't feel right to have her on my team after such a sacrifice. Gangrel felt okay because it dealt a lot with his reform and he never was much more than an antagonist. Walhart felt right to have on the team because deep down we had the same goals in mind. Emmeryn was a major driving force in the game and caused so much development on Chrom and to some extent, Lissa, that it just feels wrong to have her alive. It would have been better if she disappeared after defeating Grima, but you find out that she lives a pretty calm life in Ferox after the war. That just... ugh, I don't know. It bugs me.

That same thing has happened to me when I fought someone else I had tagged. I was so sure that my Stahl had died because I wasn't paying any attention. Luckily, I realized I was mistaken pretty quickly and hadn't restarted yet.

More spoiler discussion:

I kind of feel the same way. It just feels weird to have her on my team. I basically refuse to fight with her because I like to think that she's alive whether I like it or not, so I might as well have her on my team but leave her sidelined so she's safe from any potential harm. Even though I'm aware that nothing bad would happen to her if I never played her paralogue, but still. Plus, I liked the supports between MU and Emm.

I was under the assumption that everyone who you get in the "extra" chapters were either undead (Like Gangrel) or were from an alternate universe like Lucinda or Morgan (Morgan is apparently from a different universe then Lucina BUT the support conversation between the two of them doesn't make sense with that information so I don't know). It just doesn't make sense that Emmeryn wouldn't be dead. That was a long fall and Chrom was there to witness it. I'm pretty sure those events don't happen or are prevented in a alternate universe, thus the character could be there without memories (like your avatar and Morgan).

My Awakening (fire emblem) S supports so far: Nowi and Lon'que, My character and Chrom, Frederick and Maribelle and Vaike and Panne. One other one, the second pegasus rider you get and the first battle mage

I was under the assumption that everyone who you get in the "extra" chapters were either undead (Like Gangrel) or were from an alternate universe like Lucinda or Morgan (Morgan is apparently from a different universe then Lucina BUT the support conversation between the two of them doesn't make sense with that information so I don't know). It just doesn't make sense that Emmeryn wouldn't be dead. That was a long fall and Chrom was there to witness it. I'm pretty sure those events don't happen or are prevented in a alternate universe, thus the character could be there without memories (like your avatar and Morgan).

It depends on the character and what they say when you get them. Gangrel and Walhart are undead. Yen'fay came from the future. Emm and Aversa just didnt die. It's plausible that Emm didn't die; her body was never found.

As for the bit about Morgan: I haven't read those supports yet, but I can't imagine Grima thinking it's a good idea to, not only have a child, but to then love it and nurture it like Morgan apparently was. Then again, it would make sense for there to be a Morgan from Lucina's future too... So I'm not really sure.

Right now, I'm getting all the S supports with the children that I can. In my 2nd playthrough, I will get all of the other S supports... It's going to take me a very long time to get them all. But at least by then all paralogues should be released. I'm really curious about the Avatar's support conversations with Priam!

I love the support conversations because they really show you some connections between characters that you didn't know about. Like Gaius and Maribelle (Apparently Gaius claimed that Maribelle's father did a crime. Turns out Gaius was forced to falsely accuse Maribelle's father otherwise the people he was working for would have killed Maribelle)

Gaius and Sumia are in my S support, along with My charachter and Chrom, but I sort of hope to in the other game make Gaius and the dancer go together as their support conversations are really cute wub.gif

I made Gaius and Olivia go together in my game where I was... I think Declyn? It was nice. Sumit and Chrom= PIE! Pie pie! I made myself marry Henry. Not a good outcome. Henry x Avatar = Morgan with bad clothes. But he has Anathema and Hex and I think Vengeance. And Ignis. And Veteran. (Veteran because I right away second classed him to Tactitian) And now I have to wait 'till Chapter 18 to get Cynthia, who is a stupid person. Unless she's fighting. I never knew that Morgans could be Taguels and Manakete....

I have a quick question.

Right now, I'm getting all of the children's S supports to see which ones are the best. I'm getting really frustrated with Nah; is there any guy, other than Yarne (I didn't like that support as much as I thought I would..), that she doesn't force to marry? I haven't read her supports with MU, Morgan, or Laurent yet, but she's threatened and/or forced Inigo, Brady, and Gerome to marry her and I don't like that... dry.gif The supports usually make me like the characters more, but that really is not the case with Nah at all...

Personally I really liked Henry and Olivia as an S support. Olivia is so concerned and their conversations make it seem like they actually care for each other (some of the supports feel kind of...forced to me. Like Sumia-Chrom just being about pie or Sully-Virion being just 'I am manry and will protect you'). I've been told Tharja-Lon'Qu is good, but I didn't do that, same with Panne-Virion.

Wheeee I'm starting a Lunatic run because I'm crazy~ Going through with a male avatar to get different supports this time, even though I really really like the plot impact with female avatar married to Chrom.

Personally I really liked Henry and Olivia as an S support. Olivia is so concerned and their conversations make it seem like they actually care for each other (some of the supports feel kind of...forced to me. Like Sumia-Chrom just being about pie or Sully-Virion being just 'I am manry and will protect you').

I know exactly what you mean by forced. When two characters seem to have border-line hatred for the other and then magically love each other at the S support, it drives me nuts.. dry.gif This was especially frustrating when I was reading all of Owain's S supports. Nearly all of the women were mean to the poor guy and then they suddenly admit to having feelings for him. I think the only S supports for Owain that I actually like were the ones with Cynthia and Severa. I would've had him marry Cynthia, but I did the ChromXSumia pairing, so she would've been considered a "companion" not a "wife." After the crap all those women put him through on my file, I decided he needed an actual wife..

Starting with a male! Mostly I wanna marry Nowi x3 Then I have a MANAKETE CHILD! That would be awesome. I searched up pictures, seems like no one wants to have a taguel or Manakete Morgan. BUT I WILL! You guys will be the first to see!

Edited by girlfairy76

Starting with a male! Mostly I wanna marry Nowi x3 Then I have a MANAKETE CHILD! That would be awesome. I searched up pictures, seems like no one wants to have a taguel or Manakete Morgan. BUT I WILL! You guys will be the first to see!

Alright. :3 Though, in case you haven't realized, Morgan's portrait will not have the Manakete or Taguel ears. He will still look 100% human. Though, I'm interested in seeing what his dragon and beast forms look like. happy.gif

Alright. :3 Though, in case you haven't realized, Morgan's portrait will not have the Manakete or Taguel ears. He will still look 100% human. Though, I'm interested in seeing what his dragon and beast forms look like. happy.gif

You know where (She in this situation)he got that from? biggrin.gif ME! I hope he'll live to be like 1,000 years old though. I'm only on Chapter 4. I'm so awesome at this. I wonder what it would be like if Olivia married Chrom..... Chrom x Sumia were basically this:

Sumia marry me because I love your pies.

Really. Sumia just started making pies for Chrom and he loves her. Weird. Avatar x Henry...

What are you doing with that Risen arm?

You saved a village all by yourself?!

You do realize this army of Risen will destroy the nearest village, right?

It was hilarious. Probably every conversation, because Henry is obsessed with Risen.

OH! I had a dream about Ricken getting stuck in a wave. So..

We were in this marshy place. (Me, Frederick, Miriel, Ricken, and Lissa) and there was an enemy in the water. So I made Ricken go there(Which shouldn't have been able to happen) and he killed the guy. Then a wave washed over him. The box said, "Your character is caught in a Wave! Characters caught in a wave keep taking damage unless an archer takes them back." Well, I had no archers, so I brought all my mages and magic users over. Then I woke up.

Edited by girlfairy76

*necro*

I've been playing Fire Emblem Awakening for a while (I just finished Smouldering Resistance, whichever chapter number that is) and it has taken over my life. I have all my character's birthdays marked on my calendar, and spend most of my day daydreaming about how awesome it would be if I could enter the game and actually hang out with all those awesome people xd.png

I was a tad irritated that the game gave me no choice on whether to marry Crom - I would definitely have gone for the adorable Stahl if it had let me! However, I agree that it is a very interesting part of the plot, and I actually have no idea how the storyline would work with a male avatar... When I found out about Lucinda I was like THAT IS AWESOME! And it is cute when Crom is fighting alongside me and he jumps in to help out.

The main pairings that I am trying to set up are Panne x Frederick (they reached B level support without me even trying, plus they are the two strongest members of my army AND they look adorable together!) and Henry x Tharja (they are both dark mages, and I find the contrast in their personality hilarious - plus I kind of feel sorry for Tharja because she doesn't have any friends.) But yeah, I adore watching support convos. I remember a while back in the storyline when you-know-what happened at the end of Chapter 9 (I said 'no' by the way) and I was really upset, and then I watched a support conversation between Sully and my character and I was laughing by the end. They really enhance the game experience and make the characters seem so much more real.

Oh, and I kept the permanent 'deaths' feature on despite it being the first Fire Emblem I have played, and so far I have lost Virion - a real pain until I upgraded Lon'qu to Assassin so that he could use bows - Sumia, and Maribelle.

My favourite characters are Henry (Why does everyone hate him? He always makes me laugh with his epic puns!), Stahl, Ricken, Nowi, Frederick, Kellam, Panne, Lon'qu... I could go on. I love them all except possibly Vaike and Miriel tongue.gif

EDIT: Jeez, you guys are all so much further into the game than I am... You're all talking about characters' children when nobody other than Crom and I even has more than B level support in my game, let alone kids blink.gif

Edited by dracopenguin

Chrom's marriage is decided by whomever has the most support with him, if he wasn't married already. Personally, I like Avatar/Chrom better than any of the other pairings.

The only character I really dislike is Vaike. Even his support conversations aren't the greatest.

My Second Playthrough Pairings are:

Chrom x Sumia

Henry x Olivia

Donnel x Lissa

Stahl x Maribelle

Sully x Libra

Panne x Lon'qu

Ricken x Nowi

Cherche x Virion

Tharja x Gregor

Miriel x Fredrick

Cordelia x Kellam

Lissa is my strongest, as a Dark Flier with Limit Breaker/All Stats +2/Miracle/Galeforce/Renewal

Donnel is my second strongest, as a Warrior with Sol/Limit Breaker/All Stats +2/Counter/Axebreaker

Donnel is my second strongest, as a Warrior with Sol/Limit Breaker/All Stats +2/Counter/Axebreaker

Aaargh, you just made me feel really guilty because Donnel was killed in my first battle with him on my game sad.gif How could you pair Stahl with Maribelle? That's my most favourite (except maybe Henry) and least favourite character in the game!

Because I paired Stahl with Cordelia in my first game and on my second playthrough, he was just left and it was between him and Gaius on who to marry Maribelle. My Avatar ended up marrying Gaius.

Does anyone else find Laurent/Noire's Marriage Conversation to be really creepy? I accidentally hit it and then after I read it, I reset my 3DS. No way was that marriage going on.

Lucina is probably my favorite character of the game. Actually all of the kids are great, with the exception of Gerome and Laurent, who are 'meh'.

I watched Frederick and Panne's A-level support conversation recently, and it melted my heart - it's so cute! Frederick finally got over his fear of animals biggrin.gif I can't wait to see their S-level support... soon, my pretties, soon...

EDIT: OMG! Henry and Tharja are finally married... their S-level support was so adorable... It was a special moment when I saw that their S-level support had unlocked, because 1. they are the first couple to achieve that rating except for Chrom and my avatar, and 2. I've been trying to get them together from the moment I set eyes on Henry. I have met their daughter Noir (whose name irritates me - because she is a girl, her name should be Noire, the feminine form of the word. But that's just me being finicky over French grammar.) but had to reset my 3DS halfway through the battle when Kellam and Pr. Marth were killed. I do that a lot, actually... Anyway, I'll try again tomorrow. Henry and Tharja sure are unstoppable together now they're married - I'd worry about what I'd unleashed if Tharja hadn't made Henry swear to protect me xd.png Crazy dark mages of the world unite!

Edited by dracopenguin

I have met their daughter Noir (whose name irritates me - because she is a girl, her name should be Noire, the feminine form of the word. But that's just me being finicky over French grammar.)

What country did you buy your game in? I'm from America and my copy of the game definitely says "Noire".

What country did you buy your game in? I'm from America and my copy of the game definitely says "Noire".

England! Hence "Chrom" - he's called Crom in America, is he not?

England! Hence "Chrom" - he's called Crom in America, is he not?

Nope, his name is still Chrom in the US version. Weird that Noire's name would be different.

I have a quick question.

Right now, I'm getting all of the children's S supports to see which ones are the best. I'm getting really frustrated with Nah; is there any guy, other than Yarne (I didn't like that support as much as I thought I would..), that she doesn't force to marry? I haven't read her supports with MU, Morgan, or Laurent yet, but she's threatened and/or forced Inigo, Brady, and Gerome to marry her and I don't like that... dry.gif The supports usually make me like the characters more, but that really is not the case with Nah at all...

There's Male!Morgan whom she hasn't forced to marry and it's a pretty adorable pairing in my opinion. I don't know about Laurent and Male!Avatar though; I haven't gotten their supports yet.