LadyNightshade

Fire Emblem

Yes, Owain is Lissa's son.

I'll have to pair up Yarne and Noire on the next playthrough. I paired Noire and Brady on my first playthrough and Noire and Owain on my second. Both pairings had cute stories, I thought.

My next playthrough i'm making a Male avatar and having him marry Lucina. I want to see Morgan's story then, because coming back in time with Lucina doesn't make sense then. Also, I want to see the part where [spoilers] she tries to kill me only instead of either Chrom stepping in or saying she can't kill her mother, she says she loves me too much to kill me [/spoilers]

I KNOW Owain is Lissa's son, but does it let him marry Lucina in the UK version? Does anyone know? I'm guessing that it probably doesn't - but I'm determined to pair them up anyway. It would be an experiment, and if they don't actually get married, well I can just pretend that they have xd.png I unlocked Owain yesterday, and he is my new favourite character - he's even more brilliantly crazy than Henry wub.gif Plus, the Lissa/Lon'qu S-level support convo was my favourite support ever; I love how Lon'qu acted the tough guy right up until the last few lines when he finally admitted that he had been missing spending time with Lissa and gave her the ring... soooo cute happy.gif Bless them.

I suddenly realised that I only had two chapters to complete before the end of the game the other day, and realised I really, really didn't want to finish it because I would lose all my characters. Yes, I know I could have done another playthrough, but I would have done different pairings, and I have a lot of pairings like Stahl x Cordelia or Nah x Morgan which haven't reached S-level yet. (I am intending to do at least one more playthrough as a male avatar, because the Lucina-marrying thing sounds very interesting, and at least one more as a female avatar so that I can actually marry one of the characters I like - Yarne, Stahl or maybe Henry or Owain.) So, I've now decided to just muck around completing challenge battles, building up supports, unlocking children, etc until I feel ready to abandon my current set of characters and begin work on a new profile. At this rate I'll never play another game again xd.png I have promised myself that I will finish Pokémon White 2 and maybe Link's Awakening before I replay Fire Emblem...

PS: Who the heck is Brady?

Edited by dracopenguin

I KNOW Owain is Lissa's son, but does it let him marry Lucina in the UK version? Does anyone know? I'm guessing that it probably doesn't - but I'm determined to pair them up anyway. It would be an experiment, and if they don't actually get married, well I can just pretend that they have xd.png I unlocked Owain yesterday, and he is my new favourite character - he's even more brilliantly crazy than Henry wub.gif Plus, the Lissa/Lon'qu S-level support convo was my favourite support ever; I love how Lon'qu acted the tough guy right up until the last few lines when he finally admitted that he had been missing spending time with Lissa and gave her the ring... soooo cute happy.gif Bless them.

I suddenly realised that I only had two chapters to complete before the end of the game the other day, and realised I really, really didn't want to finish it because I would lose all my characters. Yes, I know I could have done another playthrough, but I would have done different pairings, and I have a lot of pairings like Stahl x Cordelia or Nah x Morgan which haven't reached S-level yet. (I am intending to do at least one more playthrough as a male avatar, because the Lucina-marrying thing sounds very interesting, and at least one more as a female avatar so that I can actually marry one of the characters I like - Yarne, Stahl or maybe Henry or Owain.) So, I've now decided to just muck around completing challenge battles, building up supports, unlocking children, etc until I feel ready to abandon my current set of characters and begin work on a new profile. At this rate I'll never play another game again xd.png I have promised myself that I will finish Pokémon White 2 and maybe Link's Awakening before I replay Fire Emblem...

PS: Who the heck is Brady?

Actually, the Endgame just brings you to the credits and you won't lose all your characters.... You can keep training them and get all the children and stuff. Brady is Maribelle's son, by the way.

*SPOILER* So let's say I killed Grima. Then the credits come in and they show a story of the people who got married and not, after the Endgame. Then it shows the heroes in everything (My last one with the guy had a BUNCH of Sumias and Fredericks, Frederick's a really good partner for anyone) And then if you chose that you kill Grima there will be a video where you don't have the heart of Grima (The thing on your hand) And Chrom says welcome back. If you choose Chrom to kill Grima and have Grima sleep for another 1000 years, I don't know what happens, but it goes to the credits and all that.*END OF SPOILER*

Actually, the Endgame just brings you to the credits and you won't lose all your characters.... You can keep training them and get all the children and stuff. Brady is Maribelle's son, by the way.

*SPOILER* So let's say I killed Grima. Then the credits come in and they show a story of the people who got married and not, after the Endgame. Then it shows the heroes in everything (My last one with the guy had a BUNCH of Sumias and Fredericks, Frederick's a really good partner for anyone) And then if you chose that you kill Grima there will be a video where you don't have the heart of Grima (The thing on your hand) And Chrom says welcome back. If you choose Chrom to kill Grima and have Grima sleep for another 1000 years, I don't know what happens, but it goes to the credits and all that.*END OF SPOILER*

Oh, OK! Yay biggrin.gif Hehe, just got Severa, and her family (her father is Stahl on my game) is my favourite so far. She's the only child, apart from Chrom and I's children, who actually gets on with both their parents perfectly! Noire is terrified of her mum Tharja, Nah doesn't much like Nowi or her father Ricken, Yarne seems convinced that his father Frederick is cheating on Panne, and Owain... well, Lissa really doesn't like his weirdness. But Stahl, Cordelia and Severa are such an adorable happy family tongue.gif Oh, and I am very proud of my decision to pair Lon'qu and Lissa, because Owain inherited Lethality and Vantage from his father, which makes him an utterly deadly Assassin ninja.gif (I upgraded him to that class as soon as I could, like I did with Lon'qu.)

Edited by dracopenguin

Kr*ff. I spent a hour last night sitting at an arena grinding cash and leveling up my hero and sage, I had only made it to where I was because of a few dodges, otherwise I would have lost a couple of characters (I restart whenever I lose a character). It was late so I suspended my game to continue later, I went to get on this morning, and forgot I had suspended to actually resume, I usually only suspend when I want to get back to the main screen because I lost a character, and continued from my map save. So I lost about an hour of grinding, and I might not even be able to get back to that point. *Explodes with rage* Needless to say, I won't be playing any Fire Emblem today.

Kr*ff. I spent a hour last night sitting at an arena grinding cash and leveling up my hero and sage, I had only made it to where I was because of a few dodges, otherwise I would have lost a couple of characters (I restart whenever I lose a character). It was late so I suspended my game to continue later, I went to get on this morning, and forgot I had suspended to actually resume, I usually only suspend when I want to get back to the main screen because I lost a character, and continued from my map save. So I lost about an hour of grinding, and I might not even be able to get back to that point. *Explodes with rage* Needless to say, I won't be playing any Fire Emblem today.

Oh no! I feel so sorry for you man...

Also, don't you hate it when you're right at the end of a battle, and then you misjudge something slightly and one of your characters dies so you have to start ALL OVER AGAIN?! Happened to me yesterday at Sea King's Throne. I didn't realise that Gangrel was actually blocking my way forward, and a bunch of characters ended up stranded within the range of some goddamn sorcerers... Trust Lon'qu to go and die on me. And he has a wife and son, so there was NO WAY I was going to continue without him. Goddamn permanent deaths! The game wouldn't be so good without them, though.

Edited by dracopenguin

You know you could've just chosen casual mode.

Anyway, I tried Lunatic. It's all NO. Everyone tries going for your avatar or Chrom so you HAVE to start over, and when you get a new unit, his/her stats are the same as in Normal! Really Nintendo? So I tried Hard and I'm like, "Make this Easy mode"

Oh no! I feel so sorry for you man...

Also, don't you hate it when you're right at the end of a battle, and then you misjudge something slightly and one of your characters dies so you have to start ALL OVER AGAIN?! Happened to me yesterday at Sea King's Throne. I didn't realise that Gangrel was actually blocking my way forward, and a bunch of characters ended up stranded within the range of some goddamn sorcerers... Trust Lon'qu to go and die on me. And he has a wife and son, so there was NO WAY I was going to continue without him. Goddamn permanent deaths! The game wouldn't be so good without them, though.

Yeah, I like the map saves in Shadow Dragon I dom't have to completely start over, but the likelihood of me getting to the point I was at again? *Shudders* I always go back when I lose a char, I did lose one guy in a level because it was impossible to save him without going all the way back to the start of the level. But other than that I've only lost Cain in the 2nd or 3rd level where you are forced to give someone up.

Still raging though, my hero was a level 17 and my sage a level 12 after all that grinding/healing.

I just beat the game (for the first time, although this is my second playthrough, my first game is still on endgame). Now I need to playthrough as a Male Avatar... And marry Lucina. (Still angry I forgot about marrying Priam in that playthrough)

I want more of this game. It was waaay too short in my opinion. I hope Nintendo realizes how popular this game is and decides to create another Fire Emblem. This one was amazing. :3

Too bad you can't import character stats from one game to the next. I grinded a lot of my characters up to ridiculously high stats and skills.

I'm just mad.

In Hard Mode, Reeking boxes are 4800 gold! Okay Nintendo. I give in. I'M BUYING YOUR STUPID GOLDEN GAFFE. AND ITS BECAUSE IN FE: AWAKENING I AM NOT MADE OF MONEY!

Since the OVERPRICED REEKING BOXES are out of question, all my charries are ridiculously underlevelled, so...

NINTENDO I'M ALSO BUYING YOUR STUPID EXPONTIONAL GROWTH. YOU HAPPY?

/Rants on

AND IN LUNATIC YOU CAN'T EVEN UP THE CHARACTER STATS! HOW IS ANYONE GOING TO SURVIVE IT?

After I get EXP growth & GG, should I get the Dread Scroll or Bridesmade thingy?

/leaning towards bride thing cause if I'm correct you also Elincia/Eirika

I have no clue what you're talking about. I think I need to a get a 3DS soon.

I just started Lunatic mode a few days ago and I'm currently on chapter 5, and let me tell you, it's not easy. Those first few chapters are called "Frederick Emblem" for a reason.

Lol, it would be totally worth it to lose over and over just to see it say "Frederick Emblem" a lot.

Lol, it would be totally worth it to lose over and over just to see it say "Frederick Emblem" a lot.

It doesn't ACTUALLY say Frederick Emblem, you just have to use him a lot.

Brides are beautiful :[O Eirika... I would nosebleed if I was a guy. Got Golden Gaffe and EXP. Growth too.

After reading a couple of these posts...I feel so awkward with who I paired some people with...but I got to admit...Lon'qu and Maribelle's S support was freaking adorable xd.png

Yay, just finished Fire Emblem Awakening for the first time! It was a total fluke; Chrom got a critical hit and Lucina plus my avatar finished it off easily. Loved the ending, even if it made me feel guilty for 1. sacrificing a fair few characters throughout the game, including Cordelia in the final battle and she was MARRIED WITH A DAUGHTER and 2. not getting Gregor and Olivia to S support before I defeated Grima. Oh well. My favourite pairings in that profile were Henry x Tharja, Yarne x Noire and Lon'qu x Lissa, from their support conversations and endgame biography thingies. I'm going to attempt some of the side stories so that I can play around with the extra characters for a bit, then start another playthrough so that I try different pairings and see the other ending etc. In fact, I may never play another game again and simply play through Fire Emblem again and again xd.png Best. Game. Ever.

Gaah! More of the ragequits. I finally got over it enough to type about it.

So, I ragequit twice last week, the first was more funny than aggravating. I'm still on the same level as last time I ragequit.

Without further ado:

1. I was right at the map save where I start the level I'm on at. I played normally and was doing fine, until I moved Marth. Marth was on a bridge with a 1 wide area for enemies to pass through, I forgot that you block your enemies movements and backed up. The enemies turn passed, fairly mundane, and Marth was attacked by a knight. He was at 5 health and the enemy knight had 9 I had a sword, can't remember which, that would do exactly nine damage, and immediately below it was one that did 8. I scrolled over to 9 and right as I was hitting A bumped the down control, thus selecting the 8. I'm sure you can guess the rest.

2. This one starts out the same as last time, though not as long. I had been playing for a while and had managed to figure out how to take out all the opponents, it was just a matter of going through and not having the enemy get a lucky crit. So I reached the end and went off to grind at the arena. I was doing great, my Ogma pretty much always wins if he starts at full health, only generals with high level spears can beat him there. I had been grinding for a while and needed a drink of water, so I healed up Ogma and placed my bet, not bothering to check what I was facing before leaving my DS on my bed and heading to the kitchen.

I came back to the arena death screen.

Needless to say, I almost threw my DS across the room.

Edited by MasterWeavile898

laugh.gif I have a friend on GameFAQs, we talk about this game all the time. It's gotten fairly popular on the secret board we go to...

*sigh* Good times...

I got FE7&8 (the GBA ones released in Europe) and FE11 (Shadow Dragon, the NDS remake of the first). Never had a Gamecube or Wii, so haven't played those games.

Heard a lot of good about the latest (Awakening) but it's 3DS exclusive, and I don't want to buy the 3DS for just one game (especially since my normal DS still works fine and the 3DS doesn't support GBA games). Anyone know if there's some way to play it on PC or normal DS?

Nope. But the DS isn't really going to be supported anymore, so if you're going to want to buy Nintendo handheld games in the future you'll need one eventually. The 3DS is finally starting to build up a good library too.

I got FE7&8 (the GBA ones released in Europe) and FE11 (Shadow Dragon, the NDS remake of the first). Never had a Gamecube or Wii, so haven't played those games.

Heard a lot of good about the latest (Awakening) but it's 3DS exclusive, and I don't want to buy the 3DS for just one game (especially since my normal DS still works fine and the 3DS doesn't support GBA games). Anyone know if there's some way to play it on PC or normal DS?

Well sure, the 3DS loses the ability to play GBA games, but then again you can play the new 3DS games AND the millions of DS games. If you still want to play GBA games you can of course keep your DS, no one is forcing you to sell it. I think that there might also be another Fire Emblem that will be out for 3DS, and you'll be missing a lot if you stay old school.

(I did, and well. I gave a DS away and the others broke. )

I never had a use for GBAa games.

Firstly, on the issue of 3DSs, if you want to play GBA games then hang on to your DS, it's not like buying a new system forces you to give up the old one. *Has a GBA and an old DS* I actually still use my GBA from time to time, DSs don't support GBC games like Pokemon Yellow. I personally am getting a 3DS (forty more bucks baby!) so that I can get Pokemon Y, all the other features as well as access to new games that haven't been announced, and, though I didn't care until recently, Awakening.

But honestly, I would buy it for just Y and a few of the features. (Not the 3D though, I doubt I'll use that very often.)

Secondly, I WON! I finally won! *Collapses in exhaustion* I finally beat Medeus, mostly due to a lucky dodge, but I still won. I'm kind of disappointed I can't go back and train some more, my team was pretty good but needed more leveling. But now I need a new game to play, because I've beat all my DS games and GBA games, most of them twice.

Which brings me to my third point: 60$ more and I can get a 3DS, it will be after my birthday though. sad.gif 60$ essentially means 6 weeks, I'm thinking about asking for a Y per-order anyway, but I'll probably have to wait until Christmas before I can get Awakening. sad.gif But still, I'm actually going to have an up-to-date system for once. Woot.

The issue isn't really the compatibilty with GBA games, cause I'll keep my normal DS, just like I still have my old GB and GBA.

A 3DS is a bit expensive for just 1 game. Just looked through the wikipedia list of 3DS games real quick and the only other games beside FE:Awakening that I might want to buy are Dragon Quest 7, which doesn't even have a EU release date yet, Etrian Oddesey 4, which comes out here at the end of the month, Mario Kart 7 and maybe Kid Icarus: Uprising.

I think I'll just wait until my birthday comes around in October and then see how much money I have and if I want to spend it on a 3DS, something else or just save it.

The issue isn't really the compatibilty with GBA games, cause I'll keep my normal DS, just like I still have my old GB and GBA.

A 3DS is a bit expensive for just 1 game. Just looked through the wikipedia list of 3DS games real quick and the only other games beside FE:Awakening that I might want to buy are Dragon Quest 7, which doesn't even have a EU release date yet, Etrian Oddesey 4, which comes out here at the end of the month, Mario Kart 7 and maybe Kid Icarus: Uprising.

I think I'll just wait until my birthday comes around in October and then see how much money I have and if I want to spend it on a 3DS, something else or just save it.

Well it seems you want MORE then 1 game so go for it.

I'm partly getting it for the internet access, then I can hop on here when I'm not at home.

though I decided to get it mostly for Y, if that were the only game I ever got for it it would have been worth it. Not so sure anymore... but now Ima get Awakening. AvatarxTikiwub.gif