LadyNightshade

Fire Emblem

Lol, I am too, I'm a Grand Tactition and I barely get hits. It's either 1 hit KO, or 2 hit KO. I don't like this... Whenever I can kill them WITHOUT my abilities/ criticals, it happens. ANNOYING.

Have to play on a harder mode next time (though I'm not quite insane enough for insane).

Ending was good (Yep, I just did the ending anyway since it saves as if you hadn't finished but with the ending extras on your file still).

I have the DLC EXP level but it's still draining to continue to level grind. I'm sure I could beat the game pretty easily at this point, but I want to get as many Skills on each character as possible (Specifically "Lifetaker", "Lethality" and "Galeforce" for those who can) on top of maxing out each character's stats. It's getting pretty boring now simply because of all the level grinding. I'm on chapter 19 and just got Tiki, otherwise.

I can't wait until I can just charge in and kill everyone in the end. It'll be awesome. :3

I have the DLC EXP level but it's still draining to continue to level grind. I'm sure I could beat the game pretty easily at this point, but I want to get as many Skills on each character as possible (Specifically "Lifetaker", "Lethality" and "Galeforce" for those who can) on top of maxing out each character's stats. It's getting pretty boring now simply because of all the level grinding. I'm on chapter 19 and just got Tiki, otherwise.

I can't wait until I can just charge in and kill everyone in the end. It'll be awesome. :3

Tiki died for me. I didn't have enough people, but I defeated Grima all the same.

I didn't pair up with Chrom, never Supported, and yet he asked to marry me. So, I can go and see and see how its like x3 Chrom... He doesn't see, a lady is RIGHT there. And then he mistakes me for saying come in. And then I look for weapons and throw stuff at him. At Support A, my cousin pressed the A button too much and it made groaning sounds.... Awkward. O.o

I'm on chapter 25 now of Awakening (this is my first playthrough) and I'm still regretting playing on Hard mode. All the grinding and struggling (I refuse to let a character to die and I like too many of them to not level them up dry.gif ) I've been doing has taken away from the storyline for me. But, after I'm done, I'm going to make a new file on Normal and fly through it and choose different marriage pairings.

I really like the way Second Seals work though. A couple of my characters maxed out their levels half way through the game, and I was pretty disappointed, until I realized I could just use a Second Seal on them to reset their level back to 1 without losing any stats. :3

ETA: Currently sweeping the final chapter with the following characters (Whited out because of a definite spoiler and possible spoilers if you don't want to know about the classes and such):

Lon'qu lvl 12 Assassin paired with Olivia lvl 17 Dancer

Morgan (M) lvl 16 (technically 36 because I Second Sealed him) Grandmaster paired with Severa lvl 18 Hero

My Avatar lvl 11 (technically 31) Grandmaster paired with Stahl lvl 1 Paladin

Lucina lvl 8 (technically 28) Great Lord paired with Chrom lvl 13 (techincally 33) Great Lord

Nah lvl 17 (technically 47) Manakete paired with Tiki lvl 1 (technically 31) Manakete

Nowi lvl 29 (technically 59) Manakete paired with Henry lvl 8 Sorcerer

Flavia lvl 17 Hero paired with Basilio lvl 13 Warrior

ETA2: Done. I'm very pleased with this game. Best $200 I've spent in a looooonnnnggg time.

Edited by Windnose

I'm on chapter 25 now of Awakening (this is my first playthrough) and I'm still regretting playing on Hard mode. All the grinding and struggling (I refuse to let a character to die and I like too many of them to not level them up dry.gif ) I've been doing has taken away from the storyline for me. But, after I'm done, I'm going to make a new file on Normal and fly through it and choose different marriage pairings.

I really like the way Second Seals work though. A couple of my characters maxed out their levels half way through the game, and I was pretty disappointed, until I realized I could just use a Second Seal on them to reset their level back to 1 without losing any stats. :3

ETA: Currently sweeping the final chapter with the following characters (Whited out because of a definite spoiler and possible spoilers if you don't want to know about the classes and such):

Lon'qu lvl 12 Assassin paired with Olivia lvl 17 Dancer

Morgan (M) lvl 16 (technically 36 because I Second Sealed him) Grandmaster paired with Severa lvl 18 Hero

My Avatar lvl 11 (technically 31) Grandmaster paired with Stahl lvl 1 Paladin

Lucina lvl 8 (technically 28) Great Lord paired with Chrom lvl 13 (techincally 33) Great Lord

Nah lvl 17 (technically 47) Manakete paired with Tiki lvl 1 (technically 31) Manakete

Nowi lvl 29 (technically 59) Manakete paired with Henry lvl 8 Sorcerer

Flavia lvl 17 Hero paired with Basilio lvl 13 Warrior

ETA2: Done. I'm very pleased with this game. Best $200 I've spent in a looooonnnnggg time.

Wow. I just keep my people like that.... Although When Panne's Beaststone broke, I made her a Wyvern Rider and then back to a Taguel again when I got a new one. Then she leveled up slowly.... I would never relevel my people. -Although Chrom was only level 8 when I first beat Grima-

The only reason why some of my people aren't leveled enough is because of my 1 or 2-hit KOers. Like Ricken. And Nowi. And me. Also Morgan(M).... A reason why, also, is because at the start of each battle I pair everyone up.

Wow. I just keep my people like that.... Although When Panne's Beaststone broke, I made her a Wyvern Rider and then back to a Taguel again when I got a new one. Then she leveled up slowly.... I would never relevel my people. -Although Chrom was only level 8 when I first beat Grima-

The only reason why some of my people aren't leveled enough is because of my 1 or 2-hit KOers. Like Ricken. And Nowi. And me. Also Morgan(M).... A reason why, also, is because at the start of each battle I pair everyone up.

The only reason I started releveling is because my avatar hit level 20 and her stats where so much lower than Morgan's and he was like level 8 or something; they were both Grandmasters. I didn't like that at all because I figured my avatar would need to be one of the strongest units I have when the final battle came, so I releveled her and then decided to start releveling everyone when they max out their level. Which I'm glad I did, Chrom would've been so weak in that final battle.

Oh. My strongest asset was magic, and mostly everyone missed... When anyone hit Lucina, she mostly dodged. My Chrom was weak in the final battle. HIS DAUGHTER WAS A GREAT LORD WHEN HE WAS A LORD. x3 I have weird pairings. Ricken x Panne. They're not really alike... I like it when Lucina says, "But don't you see?" I need a place to write a fanfiction about this. I must. Oh, does Morgan's hair change depending on who the Avatar marries?

For some reason, all of my flying units and magic users would constantly die. dry.gif I've never had such an issue with them before. I was using Lissa on the final battle as a Sage, but she refused to stay alive, so I removed her and the person she was paired with and just fought with two unused spots because I figured I'd waste my time if I put any of my stronger flying units in.

My favorite quote was when Chrom says, "GODS!" especially when the text doesn't really match what he was saying. The same goes for Lucina's "But don't you see?" That saying rarely seemed appropriate with the text. X3

I think Morgan's hair color is dependent on the person you marry, but I'm not sure. My avatar's hair color was black and then I married Stahl, so my Morgan's hair color was going to be black regardless of which parent it is dependent upon.

Morgan's hair color is dependent on the father, and the gender is always opposite what the avatar's gender is.

Lol. I married Chrom at Chapter 11 (And I had no say in this) So Morgan bailed out when Lucina told him to try and use the Falchion. "NEVER USE THE FALCHION TO CUT AN APPLE!" Lol.

I married Chrom, so Morgan and Lucina actually DO look like sister and brother. Morgan's hair is blue. Like Chrom. And my hair is pink. I don't really know why...

EDIT: Thanks Shikaru. I have an idea on how future you is all... Like.. Evil and stuff. Validsr csn control the Avatar, so he probably's forcing the avatar to be evil. Or maybe future Avatar is just plain evil, anyway.

Edited by girlfairy76

I have weird pairings. Ricken x Panne. They're not really alike..

Oh my gosh I did that too! Though I kind of don't like them as a couple.

I got Yarne to marry Lucina so my avatar could be related to a bunny :'D

And, I got Morgan to marry Nah so I my avatar could also be related to a dragon.

Family reunions are going to be awkward for Chrom and Night.

I'm pretty much just playing for support conversations now. Mostly the conversations from the spotpass characters, because some of those are really interesting.

Which, man, the battle with (spoiler)Walhart was tough. That's the first time in a while I've actually been challenged.

Of course now I've done so much grinding that my characters are doing about 60 points of damage for first strike, and apparently max HP is 80 so you can go from there on that I'm pretty much 1 hit KO'ing people.

Oh my gosh I did that too! Though I kind of don't like them as a couple.

I got Yarne to marry Lucina so my avatar could be related to a bunny :'D

And, I got Morgan to marry Nah so I my avatar could also be related to a dragon.

Family reunions are going to be awkward for Chrom and Night.

I'm pretty much just playing for support conversations now. Mostly the conversations from the spotpass characters, because some of those are really interesting.

Which, man, the battle with (spoiler)Walhart was tough. That's the first time in a while I've actually been challenged.

Of course now I've done so much grinding that my characters are doing about 60 points of damage for first strike, and apparently max HP is 80 so you can go from there on that I'm pretty much 1 hit KO'ing people.

Lol! I like how everyone thinks Ricken is a kid. (I did too until he proposed to Panne.... Then I was like, "This kid is seriously going to marry a woman?)

Well, I did the Hubba tester and Nah and Yarne get together well..... But I want Lucina to marry someone! What happens if you choose Chrom to kill Grima? I sacrificed myself and I BARELY managed to kill Grima, so I won't do that for a while again....

The ending is slightly different

Spoilers

(Because if Chrom kills grima than grima is just put to sleep for another 1,000 years. But when the avatar kills Grima, grima is dead for good)

I haven't actually played the Chrom version yet but I plan to once I get everyone married (because the end text has little stories about your characters and I felt bad for the lonely ones so I want to see how it changes with marriage).

Well, I know that, but do you live, then? I sacrificed myself, and Lucina was born, but not Morgan... So how is Morgan born? x3

Like, I wish the game could go on if you made Chrom kill Grima.

Oh yeah. The marriages. I only had Nowi, Gregor(died), Chrom, Me, Ricken, and Panne married. Long story short.

The only reason Ricken and Panne are married is because they are AWESOME when paired. Awesome.

Edited by girlfairy76

From what I understand Morgan is actually from an alternate future. I believe there will eventually be a Downloadable chapter about him/her. (It's out in Japan just not here yet).

Oh and Lucina is technically Chrom's child. Meaning if you married Chrom to someone else Lucina would be born to them.

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

Oh yeah. Then how does he recongnize the Avatar? Besides, if Morgan has a sibling, the sibling recongnizes hom/her.

Ooh. Downloadable Chapter. Nice.

I'm pretty sure all the children's hair colors depend on the father's hair color. For example, the promo picture of Cynthia shows her with brown hair, where as my Cynthia has white hair (SumiaxHenry).

First Generation Couples:

Alexandra (Avatar) x Chrom

Vaike x Miriel

Tharja x Kellam

Maribelle x Ricken

Sumia x Henry

Lissa x Lon'qu

Panne x Gaius

Virion x Sully

Frederick x Cherche

Cordelia x Stahl

Libra x Olivia

Gregor x Nowi

Second Generation:

Morgan x Nah

Cynthia x Owain

Noire x Brady

Still not done pairing everyone in the Second Gen. And I don't know yet who's my "main" team. Right now it's Alexandra(Avatar), Chrom, Lucina, Morgan, Noire, Cynthia, Tiki, Nowi and Panne.

I love this game so much, I don't want it to end. D:

I wish I was a better programmer because i'd love to use the Fire Emblem series engine to make a Steampunk/Fantasy game like it. I got the idea stuck in my head and now I can't get it out.

Edited by MysticTiger

I've been wanting to try Fire Emblem ever since I was introduced to Marth and Roy in Smash Bros., but the perma-death scared me off. I'm finally getting over that now, and wanted to ask Fire Emblem fans: what would be a good game to start with?

Hmm, well n Fire Emblem awakening you can choose between perma-death and reviving-constantly-characters. The others are okay. Path of Radiance (That's the Wii one, right?) seems good, too.

Oh yeah. Then how does he recongnize the Avatar? Besides, if Morgan has a sibling, the sibling recongnizes hom/her.

Ooh. Downloadable Chapter. Nice.

All of the children come from the same alternate future, the one that Rukina (Lucina) came from, as well as the people you can recruit from the Spotpass missions and the evil Avatar (as far as I can tell).

I've been wanting to try Fire Emblem ever since I was introduced to Marth and Roy in Smash Bros., but the perma-death scared me off. I'm finally getting over that now, and wanted to ask Fire Emblem fans: what would be a good game to start with?

Personally, my first Fire Emblem was Sacred Stones and I really messed up my first playthrough and had to completely restart because I could not beat the final chapter and was stuck there because I saved right before the battle began so I couldn't go grind (in that game, you couldn't exit a battle after you got to it). I'm thinking you'd probably be best off starting with Awakening for the 3DS.

I'm not really sure how good the tutorials are for Awakening, but the storyline is great, it's easy to find places to grind at if you need to, and I think it's pretty much impossible to mess up so bad (like I did the first time I played Sacred Stones) that you have to completely restart. Awakening also allows you to turn off the perma-death when you start your file.

Though, if you want, you could start with Shadow Dragon for the DS (assuming you are a Marth fan). Personally, I liked Shadow Dragon though I think the majority of the Fire Emblem fans did not (I'm not sure why). In Awakening, they do talk about Marth and the events that happened in Shadow Dragon and FE 12 (FE 12 was not released in North America but is for the DS) a bit, but only vaguely because a very large amount of time has passed since then (a character said a millennium had passed, but I'm not sure if they meant exactly 1,000 years or if they were just saying a long, long time had passed). A manakete from Shadow Dragon is also playable in Awakening too.

On the other hand, if you are a Roy fan, you could start with FE 7 (just called Fire Emblem in America) for the GBA. FE 7 is not about Roy, but is a prequel to the game Roy is the main character in and FE 7 is about Roy's father, Eliwood, and a couple other lords. FE 7 is my favorite Fire Emblem game and the first half of the game is basically all about teaching you how to play, which is really nice if you are just starting out.

In the end, you could really start out with any Fire Emblem game. I've played all of the FE games that have been released in North America and none of them are so terrible that it would ruin the entire series for anyone new to the series.

Edited by Windnose

Play the Eliwood, Hector and Lyn one. Fire emblem for the GBA. It was challenging but not too challenging. It helped me get the strategy down for all the ones I've played, and I own all of them. If you don't have a system that plays GBA, maybe try Path of Radiance (girlfairy, that's the gamecube one, Radiant Dawn is the one for the wii, which is the sequel to path of radiance). I played through that one without too much frustration too.

Play the Eliwood, Hector and Lyn one. Fire emblem for the GBA. It was challenging but not too challenging. It helped me get the strategy down for all the ones I've played, and I own all of them. If you don't have a system that plays GBA, maybe try Path of Radiance (girlfairy, that's the gamecube one, Radiant Dawn is the one for the wii, which is the sequel to path of radiance). I played through that one without too much frustration too.

Darn it. I got mixed up. You coukd get Awakening and have Marth, though. In Shadow Dragon, I like what happens to Marth. Mostly because I'm mean, but still, it's cool. I could give you aaallll the spoilers for the Fre Emblem: Awakening, which I really shouldn't do.... But anyway, it's not really related to the other games at all, only a different storyline. Of course, it sort of IS by summoning teams from other games.