LadyNightshade

Fire Emblem

Shadow Dragon let many people down as a matter of fact. To me it was confusing, boring, and weird. But Awakening was simply so amazing. The story really gets you and its got you hooked from the moment it starts, the progression, the characters, the possibilities, there is just so much!

I'm planning on getting the DLC maps soon seeing as I got paid recently~

Oh my god. Training Donnel is a pain in the neck but if you keep at it and do your best he becomes one hell of a broken unit. Evolve him with a second seal from villager to mercenary and he gets an ability that when triggered wont use up weapon durability, get him a brave sword and get him the skill Sol and you are super set. Kid gets amazing stats, is super strong, and if trained well could solo a map like nothing.

Aside from the My Character, I really like Donny along with Sumia and a few others. The game is just so much fun~

Huh. I like Shadow Dragon, but I don't really get it. There's like all those Gra soldiers.... When I started, the words got messed up and it was sentence on top of sentence. ._.

Fire Emblem is one of my favourite game series, kinda glad to see it's gotten its own thread at last tongue.gif

I've not played awakening yet, mostly because I don't have a 3DS to play it on, but I have been looking at it for a while. I'm not sure if I really like the idea of class swapping, and I doubt I'd really use it. I'm too used to the older system of just having one class and its promoted form(s).

My first Fire Emblem was Path of Radiance, so I'd say in terms of mechanics, that feels most like home. I do love the promotion tree system of Sacred Stones though, especially giving thieves a class that doesn't cause them to lose their steal ability, but still gain some combat potential =p

I've actually played both gameboy world-wide releases, as well as the Tellius series, but none of the ones outside of that. For whatever reason, neither of the remakes on DS looked all that good. Would have bought awakening if I had a 3DS though...

I recommend getting a 3DS just for Awakening. It's that amazing.

Switching classes is actually really useful! I didn't think I'd use but, but come Endgame and none of my units had maxed out any stats, I shifted them over into classes where they would max out stats and gain beneficial skills they otherwise wouldn't get.

I've only played the Wii game myself. I don't know how fond I am of the games yet. I used to play another game similar that used vehicles instead (forget what it was called, Red something?).

It was a good game but I got fed up near the end, where each level was "Kill all enemies" and it got very repetitive when there was 20 or more. Yes, it helped you level but it really dragged it on.

I can forgive the repetitive level structures because the story and characters are amazing.

I can forgive the repetitive level structures because the story and characters are amazing.

This!

Also, the great part with level grinding in this game is you build up supports and get some great support conversations. And there are a ton of possibilities of conversations depending on who parents the children.

I definitely recommend getting a 3DS even for just this game~ (There are actually quite a few other great games out now, so invest in one)

I actually never played the demo, I knew I wanted this game so there was no hesitation in buying it when I found one for sale (or rather, the gamestop guy gave up his reserved copy for me to buy wub.gif )

And yes, reclassing is actually great in this game for getting certain stats leveled up on characters. And you can always change them back to whatever they were before later if it doesn't work out.

Gah! My dad didn't have time to surprise buy so tomorrow we're going. The thing is, my mom doesn't know and she doesn't like my dad wasting his money pn my games. But he's nice, so... Yes, this game is so amazing, if I didn't have a 3DS I would beg my parents for one. Really.

I've managed to get the full game at Walmart today. I might start playing around with it once my younger uncle boots me offline. xd.png

*because of prior mention to the swimsuit map, I can't shake the mental images of a few characters in swimsuits...*

ugh! yesterday my dad said he was too tired to buy the game and said he would today. He WILL. Otherwise, I yell. It is NOT good when I yell. I was SO mad. I mean, one of the best games(in my opinion), and your parent decides you can't get it on the day you CHOSE?

I was quite pleased with myself today. My friend and I streetpassed and he was like, well sorry if my team slaughters you (because he's playing on hard and has reclassed and stuff tons of times).

I managed to beat his team :'D

Only just barely though. His avatar and Donnel were tough. I only survived because I went after his weak people first and then hit donnel and avatar with magic from a far. If I had missed with my last attack I definitely wouldn't have survived.

I did download/purchase all the currently available maps so I'll have to get back to you all on how they are. (the swimsuit one isn't available yet xd.png)

I've downloaded all the currently available DLC maps too. The first set, Champions or Yore, is kind of fun though was ridiculously easy given how late in the game I did the maps. The second set is a bunch of interesting maps, they're rewarding though difficult to get the full effect of. I tried to start the last set, but I underestimated it and wasn't using my best units.

I finally ripped open my 3ds Awakening bundle today. biggrin.gif I love this game so much already. <3

I'm not sure I understand the Streetpass stuff quite yet though... But I'm sure I'll figure it out the more I use it. I did download and beat the free Marth DLC map though. At some point I'm going to have to get the other maps too. :3

Yeah, they're hard to find right now. The vast majority of places only got enough in to cover preorders.

Yeah, they're hard to find right now. The vast majority of places only got enough in to cover preorders.

D::: Meeehh!! But I like, NEED THAT GAME BEFORE MARCH 5!!!

D::: Meeehh!! But I like, NEED THAT GAME BEFORE MARCH 5!!!

If you can, call a local game store and see when they will be getting more in and see if they will hold a copy for you or buy and download a soft copy.

Yeah, but I don't want a download; I'm using my sister'w 3DS, because when we moved my dad put it somewhere and forgot. I couldn't stop him because I was at my cousin's house. But no worries, I called Walmart like 12 miles away, and they had 2 copies 0.0 but are saving one for mee! My dad's workperson will get it.

I FOUND IT. THE FIRE EMBLEM THREAD.

I really want a Fire Emblem Awakening 3DS. It looks so pretty and everything! And not to mention Awakening pre-installed.

The two games that I really played the most were Rekka no Ken and Sacred Stones, however I am in love with Marth and Ike and... just... everyone.

I'm on chapter 19 now.

My top characters (who are all maxed out level wise) are:

Chrom- Great Lord

Alexandra (my Avatar)- Grandmaster

Lucina- Great Lord

Noire- Sniper

Sumia- Dark Flier

Cynthia- Falcon Knight

Nowi- Manakete

Ricken- Sage

Panne- Taguel

I just wish there was a way to raise stats past that without the use of items. I know people have talked about using Second Seals, but i'm not sure how to use them. I notice a stat drop when you change, so I haven't even bothered yet. I wish I knew the trick behind them.

Also, all of my first Generation characters are married, but I haven't married off the children yet. Not sure who I want to pair up.

Edited by MysticTiger

GOT IT. I GOT IT. Last copy in Walmart, too.

A. MA.ZING.

I love it! It's just awesome! I'm confused though. If Marth/Lucina is a girl, why did she talk like a boy when she was "Marth?" She died when We were protecting Emmeryn. Will she come back? I can't defeat Chapter Six. Should I do those Paralogues? Oh, I'm in the battle. Whenever I do it, Lissa dies, and sometimes Maribelle. I can't have TWO of my healers die! So how do you end a battle?

EDIT: woot woot! I sacrificed myself and finished the game in 4 days! happy.gif

Edited by girlfairy76

You let your characters die?! I could never! That was my problem with the earlier games. I'd restart the chapter until all of them survived. This game, i've had to do that a FEW times, but no where near the massive amount of time i've had to in the past. Maribelle and Lissa are the two weakest characters I have next to Olivia. x_x

Also, I finally figured out Second Seals. I'm working on maxing out my Avatar. All the characters that CAN become Dark Fliers are becoming them. Because I love that "Move Again if Enemy is Defeated" skill. That and the Assassin's Lethality. It's mindless level grinding, but I think if I can max them all out, it'll be awesome. ♥

You let your characters die?! I could never! That was my problem with the earlier games. I'd restart the chapter until all of them survived. This game, i've had to do that a FEW times, but no where near the massive amount of time i've had to in the past. Maribelle and Lissa are the two weakest characters I have next to Olivia. x_x

Also, I finally figured out Second Seals. I'm working on maxing out my Avatar. All the characters that CAN become Dark Fliers are becoming them. Because I love that "Move Again if Enemy is Defeated" skill. That and the Assassin's Lethality. It's mindless level grinding, but I think if I can max them all out, it'll be awesome. ♥

Well, I really wanted to finish that chapter, and it takes a while restarting every time. So, they were sacrifices. And atleast I finished! :3

So I was determined to finish the game today, but then when I unlocked the endgame chapter all of those spotpass paralogues opened up so no ending the game today xd.png

OHMYGOSH though, the story near the end is intense, and I am totally loving it.

My only problem is I am severely overlevelled at this point so I'm doing a lot of one-hit kills, oops~ It was worth it for all the awesome support conversations!

Edited by Lady_Nightfox