Riverwillows

Be My Valentine

Happy valentines everyone. (;

Anyone care to be my Valentine? Gone~ ;D

And @Xeriina, i think thats a nice idea. I wouldn't want nice people's eggs going off to unknown scrolls, its nice to gift but whats not nice is to take and not give anything back when its part of the rules, /: this isnt the departures thread after all.

Edited by suskekun222

a lot of people arent replying on the thread/pming when they grab a gift, most of the gifts are being taken by nameless scrolls, then remain silent, and no pm with a valentine in return. kinda ruins the joy of gifting! sad.gif i like to know that my egg has made someone happy! i know its supposed to be about gifting a random person with a valentine and they are supposed to do the same, but its sad that many arent either reading the rules or ignoring it to take someones nice egg =/ it makes me kinda sad. is it okay if we make it a two way trade and ask for a dummy egg instead? that way we atleast know where it goes. -shrug-

OP said no to the two way trade idea earlier in the thread. If you wish to discuss it with the OP, please use PMs instead of discussing in the thread.

Dear lovely people, this is a third gen Valentine '09, so you will only be able to take it if you don't already have two of them. Lineage Link

Valentine's Love for you.

Please, I can not accept an egg in return. I just don't have room for it. It isn't needed anyway. I just want to see people enjoying the game.

I grabbed this pretty little egg ^^ I'm surprised no one else picked it up before I did.

Happy Valentines Day~

I only said no to the two way trade, because too many people could try to make this a trading thing, holding "gifts" hostage for better offers. That's not what the thread was all about. It was about giving people the opportunity to just be nice, and have a Valentine, on a day when many are depressed about not having one.

I guess it's a catch 22. Either I say no still to the two way, and selfish people grab and run, making people here feel bad, OR I say ok, make it two way, and having those same people turn this into a trading/hostage thread.

I guess neither one is what my goal for this was. I am so very disappointed that people here could not be mature and follow the rules, and be so incredibly selfish.

I think I'm going to request that it get shut down. This could have been something really wonderful. But I guess people here are just not mature enough for it.

Riverwillows, this is a wonderful, generous idea. Yes, it's too bad that some people are selfish. However, there are also a lot of very generous people posting. Many are gifting eggs with no thought of return, only wanting to brighten someone else's day.

So, whether you go ahead and have the thread closed or not, thank you for a loving idea.

I loved this. Perhaps a lot of 'stealing' was happening but it was still a nice idea. smile.gif

Well, a lot of people are complaining. I'd rather not shut it down, but it seems that more people are unhappy, with the non-responses, than happy.

I'm not sure what to do.

I am just gifting for the sake of gifting and am not expecting anything in return, although this was the purpose of this thread. I guess, if you are in the same mindset as me, then this thread will work ... just gift and hope it finds a good home.

It's not about the same mindset, its that the thread appears to making more people unhappy, than happy.

I don't want to shut it down. But it seems to be going against its purpose here.

It's a shame but you are the OP so do what feels right for you. I had fun and thanks for creating this. wink.gif

Well I personally don't care if I get anything in return for what I'm just sort of going to put up for someone to take as a present with a picture of Kogasa and no details on what it is. I've been doing that a lot and I regret nothing.

user posted image

SURPRIIISE! (take a pretty)

Edit: Now that it's been claimed, here's what it was! Lineage link

Edited by TheCompleteAnimorph

Just gonna pop in and leave this here. Don't mind if I get anything in return although it is appreciated, hehe

Surprise!~

Edited by ShinyDazzlight

Well, ok. I'll leave it open for a little while longer, see if things get better. I mean, how hard is it to at least say "I got it"?

Grabbing, then hiding your scroll, is just cowardly stealing. It ruins things for everyone. I hope those of you who did this, feel good about yourself.

But I'll leave it open, for a few more hours, see what happens in the morning. If we are still having the steal and run problem, then I'm shutting it down.

I think I'm also going to start taking screenshots.

Edited by Riverwillows

I've also had a great deal of fun with this thread.

It's also possible that not as many people as it looks at first are taking eggs and not contacting the giver. I know of at least one case where the recipient waited something like an hour to contact the giver. I know this because I'd contacted her wanting her not to be sad, so I was going to send her something. Then I heard from her that she'd been contacted.

So, things are maybe better than you think.

Well, apparently lots of people are complaining. I don't want people to be unhappy here. We'll just wait and see.

I got something from the thread, so here's something so I may give back to it.  I would love a "thank you" PM in return.  cool.gif

Happy Valentine's Day!

Oh, I caught your lovely eggy! I'm sending a gift your way : ) Happy Valentines Day smile.gif

Well, for me, I would like to get a response at least. But I guess in the long run, it doesn't bother me that much. It does rather ruin the spirit of the thread if you just take and not even say thanks or anything, though. ^^;

That aside!

♥ Roses are red,

Violets are blue,

Here I have something,

super sweet for you! ♥

~Roses are red~

~Kogasa's an umbrella~

~This egg's a SURPRIIISE~

~So please take the little fella~

user posted image

(image is linked, I am having too much fun with this so don't expect me to stop)

Edit: Now that it's claimed, lineage link!

Roses are Red~

Violets are not~

Hope you don't mind~

A Valentines gift that's Hot!~

(I don't need a gift in return, just thought this little egg deserved a better home than the AP ^-^)

user posted image

Be Kogasa's valentine! She has a surpriiise for you! (click image to claim)

Edit: Now that it's been claimed, lineage link!