Amazon_warrior

ANSWERED:Tags - Tagging Dragons (Multiple Times)

I think tags + tabs would be totally fantastic! But.... Tags by themselves would be a big improvement.

Cheers!

C4.

I can't agree more. Anything would be a big improvement over our overblown and paginated scrolls without any obvious partitions. (Yes, you can use frozen hatchies - but they're easy to overlook.)

There are a couple things I want to know about tags. And I'm too lazy to read the entire thread.

-For tags, can you re-sort how the dragons look within the tag or are they arranged by some arbitrary measure (such as by the original scroll's sorting mechanism or by how you added them to the tag)?

- Also, do tags have a preset option to make them (such as by breed, gender, age, color, lineage, etc) or do you have to make every tag yourself?

-And, will tags be intergrated into the filter system we already have in the cave (like I will be able to filter by my tags on the main scroll using the drop-down "Filter by" menu), or will I only be able to access them on the dragon's page?

Edited by Shokomon

1) You cannot sort anything from a simple tag - you'd need tabs for that. So, yes, the sorting would be arbitrary. Probably the order you have the same dragons on your scroll, just filtered by the tag.

2) Either one should work. Personally, I'd like to at least see breed, growth status (egg, S1, S2, adult) and gender be assigned automatically - whether you want to use them or not is up to you.

3)Hopefully, they will be.

How about being able to hide all dragons that are not tagged 'Xxx' or which are tagged 'Yyy' from everyone to view, like if they didn't exist on your scroll for them? To hide dragons you're not proud of like additonal BSAs, lineagebuilders, spare mates etc.?

I can also see no room to describe anything (like 'My favourite dragons' or 'I have a goal to hoard 1000 Whites because it's my favourite breed' 'I breed the following dragons on request' or whatever more useful or informative).

I had a much broader suggestion in mind which gave more possibilities.

E.g. to hide chosen dragons (by ascribing them to one group and hiding that group from view) and to describe the given group and to ascribe the same dragon to multiple groups (e.g. a pink could appear among BSAs, Pinks, and one of Pinks or a few chosen ones would appear among kind of main scroll goal, e.g. families or one dragon per breed while other Pinks wouldn't) and nothing was limited.

Here, some kind of equivalent to your tabs is named 'scrolls' as this sounded more lore friendly to call this using some name strictly reffering to a piece of paper (just then our accounts wouldn't be named a scroll but e.g. a dragon keeper to distinguish) and scroll fits our page scrolling with out mouses. Could be replaced with some other name, it's just an example.

Fake pseudo-screenshots

Anyway, as long as I can't hide chosen dragons from being visible(all the time for all visitors, not just if sb clicks a proper tag or tab) and show off other chosen dragons only(also all the time), I can see no use for this suggestion to me. I don't need additional sorting, just hiding dragons that don't belong to my scroll goal but which help me reach it (e.g. additional BSAs, summoners, spare mates, lineagebuilders etc.; imagine releasing all BSAs just to make your scroll look neat and not messed with unfitting dragons - you'll never stop needing BSAs, look: new releases).

Edited by VixenDra

I would like to see those feature mainly on Tabs, with tags only serving as a compliment to that system.

Applying these feature on tags would make it too full-blown to be a complimentary system.

I like the idea of having both a grouping ability, a tagging/filtering system, or both. I'd really like to see any feature that gives us the opportunity to add to the depth of complexity of our scroll arrangement. I'm not really fussed about what sort of system it is, I'd just really like to see a feature added with this in mind!

One thing I really like about the idea of tagging dragons, though, is the ability to apply multiple tags to the one dragon. If we were just talking about a sorting/grouping mechanism, then you'd have to choose where you want your dragon to be (either in the Thuwed group or the EG group) but with tagging you could link them to both groups. But I would like some sort of sorting/grouping feature to go alongside the tagging! Both would be great to have! smile.gif

Pretty much my thoughts on this. Tabs aren't enough for me if each dragon could only be in one tab. I have lots of dragons that are in 2, 3, or 4 (or more) of the groups I would identify.

Truth to be told, I'd prefer a tab system where we could sort dragons in multiple tabs, yet at the same time had links on the dragon's page to the other tabs it's in - the latter of which would be the same as tagging, I suppose?

Heck, even tabs with dividers would be an improvement. Not perfect, but close to it.

Edited by olympe

I'm for ANYTHING that would help me sort my dragons.

How about being able to hide all dragons that are not tagged 'Xxx' or which are tagged 'Yyy' from everyone to view, like if they didn't exist on your scroll for them? To hide dragons you're not proud of like additonal BSAs, lineagebuilders, spare mates etc.?

I can also see no room to describe anything (like 'My favourite dragons' or 'I have a goal to hoard 1000 Whites because it's my favourite breed' 'I breed the following dragons on request' or whatever more useful or informative).

I had a much broader suggestion in mind which gave more possibilities.

E.g. to hide chosen dragons (by ascribing them to one group and hiding that group from view) and to describe the given group and to ascribe the same dragon to multiple groups (e.g. a pink could appear among BSAs, Pinks, and one of Pinks or a few chosen ones would appear among kind of main scroll goal, e.g. families or one dragon per breed while other Pinks wouldn't) and nothing was limited.

Here, some kind of equivalent to your tabs is named 'scrolls' as this sounded more lore friendly to call this using some name strictly reffering to a piece of paper (just then our accounts wouldn't be named a scroll but e.g. a dragon keeper to distinguish) and scroll fits our page scrolling with out mouses. Could be replaced with some other name, it's just an example.

Fake pseudo-screenshots

Anyway, as long as I can't hide chosen dragons from being visible(all the time for all visitors, not just if sb clicks a proper tag or tab) and show off other chosen dragons only(also all the time), I can see no use for this suggestion to me. I don't need additional sorting, just hiding dragons that don't belong to my scroll goal but which help me reach it (e.g. additional BSAs, summoners, spare mates, lineagebuilders etc.; imagine releasing all BSAs just to make your scroll look neat and not messed with unfitting dragons - you'll never stop needing BSAs, look: new releases).

I absolutely adore what Vixendra says. Let's go with how they thought of it! biggrin.gif I would SO use this framework for myself man! And naming the whole account as Dragon Keeper would be the best as compared to "my scroll" thing lol. It'd be totally radical and waaaaaay easier to manage things! My organizer side of me is happy! <3 11 out of 10 stars!

Bumping because this is still an option for sorting.

And I still don't see why we can't just have a modifiable Tag system that can be set to act like a Tab or not.

I'm indifferent on tabs or tags being added or not, but if they were added I would have to admit that I would definitely use them, even if it were to just separate my duplicate dragons from my main collection. tongue.gif I'm unsure about Vixen's suggestive since it sounds like an overhaul of a regular scroll, but I don't see any reason to not add it; I'm always up for a chance of new lore!

I can live with or without taGs.. what I want are taBs, with taGs as an extra. By themselves taGs don't help me, not with the way I want to sort my dragons. So without taBs, to me, taGs are useless.

Basically I want both, but with the emphasis on TABS.

I can live with or without taGs.. what I want are taBs, with taGs as an extra. By themselves taGs don't help me, not with the way I want to sort my dragons. So without taBs, to me, taGs are useless.

Basically I want both, but with the emphasis on TABS.

Why, do taGs and taBs exclude each other?

As of now, I feel the need only for taGs, reason why I'm posting here to support this suggestion.

I really like this idea and it would help me a ton in sorting my dragons smile.gif

I'd probably sort by things like PB, CB, Checker, Messy, etc.

I agree with Cinnamin Draconna.

Tabs for sorting would suit my purposes better than tags. I *need* to be able to set out my current projects, my lineage families and so on. And to leave the general collection grouped elsewhere.

But I would use both, if available... Although I don't know if I would bother going through all mine to set up filters.

Approaching 8000 draggies and the current scroll is a nightmare. dry.gif

I would love to have tabs first, tags second. This would be such a boon to those that have a need to sort their dragons.

I like this idea and I would find it very helpful for sorting my dragons. It would also save users from accidentally making a messy lineage. It would also work well with the tab request.

Yes please, I would use tags ALL the time - my scroll has gotten quite massive and filled with all sorts of dragons, some CB's, other lineaged, some parts of WIP projects and some messy/inbred, but kept for sentimental value... the only way to bringing some semblance of order is using custom sort that takes ages and is clunky at best on slowish computers like my laptop with a pretty small screen.

This would make sorting so much easier, especially combined with tabs. 100000% support!

Edited by stagazer_7

Can't remember (too lazy to browse the whole thing) if I already posted my support. If not, please add me: 100% support.