Amazon_warrior

ANSWERED:Tags - Tagging Dragons (Multiple Times)

It's been a few days since the last post so uh

I'd like tags, so I wouldn't have to separate the few lineage-builder dragons I have from my armies of CBs by sticking all my lineages in the back of the scroll (where they are currently unorganized because I am lazy).

I'm not sticking a "CB" or "line" tag on all my dragons' names anytime soon, they're so cumbersome that way.

It's been a few days since the last post so uh

I'd like tags, so I wouldn't have to separate the few lineage-builder dragons I have from my armies of CBs by sticking all my lineages in the back of the scroll (where they are currently unorganized because I am lazy).

I'm not sticking a "CB" or "line" tag on all my dragons' names anytime soon, they're so cumbersome that way.

i agree, but i have to do that, otherwise it'd be such a pain to figure out which was cb and which wasn't -- also, i kinda find it nicer this way. i know at a glance. i would like a tag next to the frozen and gender symbols.

Oh my gawsh, I really really love/support this idea! I know a lot of people use things like "CB" and "3G" in the name itself to keep track of what's what without having to go to the dragon's view page to see its lineage...But then there are people like me who actually give their dragons specific names that would be ruined by adding "CB" to the end and such.

*Support +1*

I would love this for my sunsongs. Adding "3G Even" is a bit too long for my tastes...

Supporting.

Tags, or some way to Filter what I see would be really nice. To be able to pick out all the dragons for a lineage project, or all the even gens would be really helpful.

I support this idea. I don't like having to write CB or 4G Checker or something else in my dragon's name.

Bumping this since it's been a while.

(I like tags because I need a way to identify what lineages and gens my dragons are from at the same time, so tabs are useless to me.)

I think this idea is great!

I already think I might have a few dragons which could be in multiple lineages and such. It would come in handy to organize them by tags. And knowing the gens at the same time without checking my excel sheet or putting it in the dragons name, would be great too!

This would be so much more helpful to me than tabs because I could classify one dragon in multiple ways.

I lend my support to ANYTHING that could be used to sort dragons, because I hate getting ones whose parents have names like "Cherry Red 2nd gen PB F"

Oooh, I could totally use something like this. Not sure what it says about me that I'm too lazy to use the Mavericks-introduced tags system for my RL documents but I don't mind tagging 2,000+ virtual dragons... XD

I lend my support to ANYTHING that could be used to sort dragons, because I hate getting ones whose parents have names like "Cherry Red 2nd gen PB F"

Oh, yes! This so much! And I am seeing more and more of that sort of names. I can understand why people do it, but to me it makes for a very unattractive lineage view.

Edited by purplehaze

I love the idea of this so much that I've made my own mock screenshots:

Moar tag ideas! (+ a leetle editable description above the badge area so that I don't have to use my poor Paper for welcoming visitors? *hint, hint*)

user posted image

An idea for the tagging page? biggrin.gif I personally like the idea of custom tags despite the probability of typos--hey, custom tags were implemented on Leetle Adoptables after all.

user posted image

This would be a nice side-effect, but mostly to me, the benefit would be for breeding. And potentially showing off whole bunches of dragons at once without using external spreadsheets. And Contrary to the also popular Tabs idea, I'd not have to refrain myself from double-tagging a Dragon. It's entirely possible for a dragon to be a "cb" "red lineage" "crimson lineage" at once. biggrin.gif

I love the idea of this so much that I've made my own mock screenshots:

Yes please. All of that is awesome.

-barely resist spamming the word 'YES' 1000 times in a row-

This. The reason I don't give my dragons actual names (or most of them) is because I know their names would end up cluttered by me doing so.

I've already been doing the 'CB -code- || G2 -code- || L -code-' for a while, but having tags would be wonderful so I actually can know if it's a MESSY L, or just a Generation above 5 but still clean. (it's how I sort my scroll.)

Not only would I be able to sort things in a less confusing manner, when I tell someone they can choose off my scroll to breed they could very easily input tags such as 'CB, Hellfire, Female' and then, boom! my 40+ CB female hellfires will appear for easy access. Or even things such as 'Low Gen, PB, spiral' and once again, poof! All my Low Gen, Purebred's with spiral lineages will appear to them. (granted that isnt many but shush, examples man)

I'm getting up near 1000 dragons now, and for quite a while I've desperately wanted to reorganize my scroll, but am so stubborn about keeping things how I at least know where everything is that I haven't. Tags would actually kick me in the toosh enough that I'd go through and reorganize.

TL;DR

YES PLEASE X 1000

Edited by Wandering4Ever

Yeah, as my scroll gets bigger and bigger I want this more and more. I have a really hard time remembering which of my dragons are CB/lineaged/part of a lineage project (not all of mine have naming schemes!), and it's only going to get harder as I get more dragons.

And YES to custom tags! Although it'd probably be a good idea to limit how many you could make, but I don't know what a good limit would be.

I'll add my 'YES!' to this. with over 2000 dragons, I've finally resorted to quotes so I can tell which are CBs when it comes time to breed. Heck, I tried making a database back when I only had 500 dragons, and it was a disaster. So, Yes! Yes! 2000+ times Yes!

Support! There's no cons to this idea that I can see, and infinite pros!

We've needed some better way to organise our dragons for a long time now - either this or something like tabs which was suggested elsewhere. I think it's about time something was implemented.