TJ09

2013-02-07 - State of the Cave

Can anyone explain to me why Sweetling eggs are same as common as all the other valentine breeds when they're the oldest, while hollies are totally rare being about as old?

Also, for the people with awesome past valentine dragons on their scroll, I'm looking for 4th gen or higher Evengen valentines (any kind) tongue.gif

Actually, sweetlings are the second oldest. Val '09s are the oldest valentine's dragons. In addition, hollies were released in '07, when the player base was much smaller.

just bred my 09's and heartseekers...rosebuds and sweetlings are still on cooldown. i ended up breeding my heartseekers to tan ridgewings, i think the color combination with those two is amazing! smile.gif if i didn't have cbs, i'd defintely trade/hunt for a 2nd gen. from those two haha (or bright pink x heartseeker)!

Can anyone explain to me why Sweetling eggs are same as common as all the other valentine breeds when they're the oldest, while hollies are totally rare being about as old?

Also, for the people with awesome past valentine dragons on their scroll, I'm looking for 4th gen or higher Evengen valentines (any kind) tongue.gif

I believe it's something like... Hollies were the first Seasonal dragon ever. For one reason or another, no one realized that a. they weren't going to be around constantly, and b. that they weren't going to be breedable all the time. Besides that, DC was a much smaller game at the time. So as a result, only a very few got CB Hollies, and not all of those people are still playing in the game, which further reduces the number of Hollies being bred each year.

Sweetlings came out after that, and everyone had a better idea of what to expect from Seasonals.

I don't know this for sure since I wasn't playing back then, this is just what I've heard from others.

Hollies came out in 2007, when only a small group of people knew DC and actually cared about catching CB's, and were the first special release so I don't think anyone was expecting them to be worth so much. And Sweetlings in 2010, when the population was big already

Yeah I meant to write the '09 dragons (so confusing that they don't have a name o.o)

didn't realize hollies were this old ohmy.gif

Thanks!

A very kind lady contacted me and asked if she could help me. I said, Yes!, please do. I forget just how many she gave to me, three I think, but I now have one of each of the past breeds (two rosebuds). I was even able to catch some on my own. Hard, but do-able...

Waiting patiently for the new release and the event...

Another person had contacted me about a month ago with an offer of helping me get a Valentine egg (which I had accepted), but I was able to write them back yesterday and thank them for offering, but I was egg-locked (YES) lol...

EDIT:

@Lilly... The '09 Dragons are 'Valentines'

Edited by Husky51

Woot woot, gettin' ready for Valentine's.

Wonder what this year's will be. :3

If we ever get a Single's Awareness Day dragon, I will flip. That would make my freaking year.

One 09 away from completeing my lot of dragons of the pasts...'hatch,hatch,hatch' tis sad that i'm litterly chanting that biggrin.gif

Woot woot, gettin' ready for Valentine's.

Wonder what this year's will be. :3

If we ever get a Single's Awareness Day dragon, I will flip. That would make my freaking year.

we kind of did, the sweetlings and the glitch.

So excited for Vday dragons!!!

Hah, so excited. Ive been away from DC for nearly three years now, so Im glad to have come back in time to get all the Valentine dragons I missed out on! And then the newest!

Now to just grab every other dragon that's come out since I left...

And heehee, just thought to check and my '09 Valentine Dragons and theyre both CB. I am a happy camper today.

we kind of did, the sweetlings and the glitch.

So excited for Vday dragons!!!

Yeah, and I do love those guys, but I wanna have one that I can actually get on my scroll. :3

I'm not overly fond of pink...I'm hoping for something like the alt Sweetlings, color-wise. biggrin.gif

i cant wait for the new dragon and event! must...hang..on..few..more..daysss. sad.gif

Fully in agreement there Xeriina

And I think your cat avvie is too. Looks like its saying 'Now'

YAY!!!

My valentine eggs are starting to hatch..., all five of them...

YAY!!!

edit:

and I now have my second Valentine and second Sweetling...

YAY!!!

I have already been offered a second Heartseeker and that will complete my past valentines list...

And now for the main event...

Edited by Husky51

Fully in agreement there Xeriina

And I think your cat avvie is too. Looks like its saying 'Now'

Haha it does wink.gif

Sooner or later TJ will give in to my kitty avatar and give us the event/dragon "now"! Its all a part of my evil plan cool.gif who can resist kittens?!

Happy Snake Year~!

I'm hoping this year's Valentine's day dragon is really bright to contrast against the Vampire dragons below them on the scroll.

I have all my Valentine dragons and, with hope, will be able to get the new Valentine dragon! As always, the sprite will look beautiful. :]

I've bred mine now. (: I hope the new owners of them will be happy; at least they all are 2nd gens. And I kind of feel sorry for whoever caught my Heartseeker's offsprings, lol... They'll probably have a hard time finding a mate for it. /:

Sorry to be a little of a joy killer here but...

Let's just hope the Abandoned page isn't full all day when the new Valentine's 2013 Dragon comes.

Cause it's been that way lately,with all the Vday dragon breeding.

If anyone is still missing any 2nd gens from their scroll I'm still able to breed mine and my inbox is open wink.gif ^^

WB

Edited by Wolfs_Bane