_MergingWhispeR_

Valentines

I'm quite excited for Valentines day. It'll be the first event I experience on DragonCave since I only recently joined. I've seen the past Valentines day dragons and they all look very pretty. I'm hoping to get some of the past ones, especially Heartseekers. They're my favorite out of all of them so far.

All I want to catch this Valentine's event is one 2nd gen Sweetling (preferably with a Sunsong mother) and one of this year's Valentine dragon. I only get one CB so that I can keep one of the offspring the next year smile.gif

I have no idea what to breed for Valentines. Guess I'll do the same as for Christmas and just breed what is requested smile.gif

I don't mind so much what type of dragon the new release will be.

I simply hope that it isn't pink!!!

I'm not a pink person. More like a Purple People Eater. laugh.gif

I cant wait!♥ i love sweetlings and rosebuds, their my favorite <3 im hoping to find 2nd gens of them or 3rd gen checkers from metals for the checkered lineages im working on rolleyes.gif hopefully i get lucky! im really excited to see what new dragon there will be for valentines... i hope something cute and pink xd.png huge fan of pink stuff <3

edit: i feel totally awkward that i posted i love pink after shamiirs post lol, didnt see it till after i posted xd.png haha

Edited by Xeriina

I used to not like the color pink at all until I saw sweetlings. xd.png

But I'd much rather have another singles awareness dragon> xd.png

I hope the new dragon won't be pink again (yay for Heartseekers). Something yet more happy and colorful maybe? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Cupcake2.jpg (nom<3)

Breeding plans? Not really. I'm going to breed some Val' dragons for my friend, if he won't be able to get any himself. Otherwise they will go to the AP as early as possible, so they will be picked up quickly.

I'm excited tongue.gif its my first Val in dc, I'm just as excited as the past halloween and christmas events since they were my first as well. I really want them rosebuds.

I so regret freezing my second Heartseeker, though it is adorable as heck.... xd.png

Going to be my first time breeding holiday eggs for people so uh wish me luck. tongue.gif Hopefully I time everything right heh.

edit: As far as the limit, I think we should be allowed two extra spots purley for stage freezing if anything, then everyone has the 2 limit and everyone can have cute hatchies to. biggrin.gif

I regret freezing all the Holidays I've ever frozen. xd.png As adorable as most of the little hatchlings are, my goals shifted from collecting to breeding. Unfortunate that I had to release my little hatchlings(especially since a few had the 'Forced' message on them, and most had descriptions).

Break a leg breeding! I don't usually breed for people, I just breed and release.

I'd LOVE an limit increase, like two initially, and one or two more each year after. It would give people like me something to do leading up to the new release, besides waiting and breeding.

I regret freezing all the Holidays I've ever frozen. xd.png As adorable as most of the little hatchlings are, my goals shifted from collecting to breeding. Unfortunate that I had to release my little hatchlings(especially since a few had the 'Forced' message on them, and most had descriptions).

Break a leg breeding! I don't usually breed for people, I just breed and release.

I'd LOVE an limit increase, like two initially, and one or two more each year after. It would give people like me something to do leading up to the new release, besides waiting and breeding.

Good idea, a gradual increase would give us much more to do besides breeding

edit: i feel totally awkward that i posted i love pink after shamiirs post lol, didnt see it till after i posted xd.png haha

What's to be awkward about?

It'd be a dull world if we all liked the same things laugh.gif

I love the idea of an increase each year.

The ideas topic on this is quite interesting.

The increase of holiday dragons has been discussed at length here. Just thought I should let you know smile.gif

Back to the topic itself: I'm lucky, I've got 2 dragons of each valentine breed. Not all of them are caveborn, but I simply regard myself lucky having two of each smile.gif

Right now I have two IOU's, but the rest I'll breed for the AP during the week. Just to make other people happy smile.gif And I hope they'll breed as good as with Christmas. I had one pair who had 4 eggs. Now that's the result I'm looking for smile.gif

Have fun hunting!

Edited by Sheriziya

I'm hoping this year's Valentine something ferocious and not My Little Pony-looking. laugh.gif

I'm hoping this year's Valentine something ferocious and not My Little Pony-looking. laugh.gif

Hey now- ponies are cool. wink.gif

While I do like pink Valentine dragons like Sweetlings, I think a sort of darker version would be cool. Kind of like the alt Sweetlings, except maybe not so anti-holiday. tongue.gif

I'd actually like to see a Valentine dragon that was white, with red or purple trimmings.

I'm hoping this years dragon is a deep red with white tipped wings ^^ As far as breeding I more than likely wont breed mine unless someone asks me too ^^

WB

I'm really excited for Valentine's day! Not only do I get to spend a day with my boyfriend but I get to collect more pretty dragons too! Plus I get to breed the ones I have already! It's my second year here on Valentine's day. So instead of picking up a bunch of valentine dragon eggs (took care of that last year!) I'll be breeding a whole bunch instead!

I'm going to be continuing this lineage with a CB Black I managed to snatch up early last year.

I'm going to be breeding this sweetling to this rosebud. I think I was really lucky to pick up both of those dragons on my first Valentine's day in the cave! They make a perfect couple!

I snagged myself a CB Pink to continue this lineage...

And a CB Guardian to continue this one!

One of my Heartseekers will be paired with a Moonstone I picked up from the AP as a very, very sick egg (her egg already had a full hole in it and it hadn't passed the 6 day mark yet!) that got better on Valentine's day. The other will be paired with a Guardian. I'm thinking up a cute story for the pair that I will be putting in their descriptions sooner or later.

And like with every Holiday, I'm going to be sending out the pretty eggies into the AP for everyone to enjoy! smile.gif

When it comes to the holiday dragon, I'd say I'd be happy to have a white dragon with colored trim like what Riverwillows said. Preferably the trim would be dark so it could pop against the white of the dragon's body! I have a bunch of valentine's day teddy bears I got over the years and the white one with dark red trim is one of my favorites, so seeing something similar in dragon form would be fantastic!

I have no qualms about freezing. Since my goal is to collect sprites, I try to get Holiday hatchies too.

My only problem this year is what should I do with my '09. On the one hand I'd release her to try for a better lineage, on the other hand I just feel too attached.xd.png

Going to be fun this year, not many options left for a special Valentine's event now but I'm sure they'll find something.

The holidays get more detailed each year.

Still no news post about the breeding, odd. On another note, is the drop usually just one day for the new dragons?

Still no news post about the breeding, odd. On another note, is the drop usually just one day for the new dragons?

It lasts one day. From midnight to midnight cave time. Or so it has been the last years

I'm kinda hoping to see a dragon about the ugly side of love, like the black sweetlings, eventually x3 I don't mind the fluffeh part, of course, but I'd love a change.

As for breeding... Check my signature xd.png I'm going to breed them on request, if I get requests, or to breed and release the eggs.

Edited by Kirjava-Kitsune

I've only got one CB Sweetling as my only Valentine dragon. Hoping to catch some of the others this year that I've missed while I was gone. smile.gif And planning to breed him and keep one of his offspring... although I still can't decide exactly what I want to breed him with. laugh.gif

Definitely looking forward to the new release of the V-day dragons this year. =) I myself don't really have any wishes about the release itself, just that it would be easy to match with another dragon to make pretties.

As for what comes to breeding, I don't specifically have plans on who to gift/trade to, since there is only 30 minutes to find someone who actually wants one. I just want people to be around when breeding mine.

The eggs I'm gonna produce are all 2nd gens. V-day09 with Tan Ridgewing, Sweetling and Rosebud with Pinks, and finally Heartseeker with Red Dorsal.