_MergingWhispeR_

Valentines

wub.gif It's Almost Valentines and I don't Think that I'm the only one who is pumped up for this years!

wub.gif The Past Dragons look so Awesome!

wub.gif I created this thread so people can discuss valentines and any breeding ideas or any valentine themed names for Dragons! Do you have a favourite?

Edit: I'm Personally looking forward to the Special event! And I hope there's gonna be a super cute Dragon!! I'm Just Super Exited !!! xd.png

Edited by _MergingWhispeR_

I'm looking forward to seeing what dragons will be released for Valentine's Day. I'll confess I'm hoping for a dragon a bit on the "tougher"-looking side, like the Heartseekers from last year. Pastels are fun, but I'm hoping for some closer-to-primary solid colors.

That said, I'm sure I'll love whatever dragon is released. smile.gif

I'm hoping that I'll be able to get a Valentine dragon to complete my set of 2 (I only have 1 as of right now). Not only that, but I'm sure this year's dragon will be something else.

Just a few more days and the breeding can begin (Not sure if it will start on the 7th or 8th). happy.gif

Edited by warriorjames

I can breed,

3rd gen: sweetlings, '09s

2nd gen: heartseeker, rosebud

OMG, I am so pumped! xd.png I love Valentines breeds, and Sweetlings are my fave dragons so I can't wait to finally get some. I always love seeing new dragon breeds come out, so I'm excited for these new ones too. And, I want to see what the event will be! I wish I could have joined last year so I could have sent cards. I hope this year's event is similar.

Edit: lol, I'm excited for the DC Valentine's, anyway. As for the real-life holiday, I have a feeling that my bf isn't going to get me anything. dry.gif Oh well, at least I'm getting nice pixel dragons! laugh.gif

Edited by Dimar

Well, I've had someone offer to breed one lineage I need (thank you so much!) so I'm good there. Pretty excited too, Rosebud x Winter Magi is so beautiful <3 I'm hunting for some 2G's this year, hopefully from alt sweetling, hence the ad in my sig, but either way, gonna be a fun and challenging hunt biggrin.gif

For the new dragons....I'd like to see a "fighting for love" concept tongue.gif Or on the sadder side, I think a mourning for love dragon would also work smile.gif Can't wait biggrin.gif

The Dragcave Valentine is pretty much the only reason I look forward to the 14th. Plus, I have the week free from school happy.gif So excited.

I love choosing mates for my Holidays. What is everyone breeding theirs with? Personally, I own two 2nd gens, a Sweetling x Pink and '09 x Pink, and will be breeding checkers. Then, I've decided to pair my CB Rosebud with a Terrae, and my CB Heartseeker with a Pillow. Not too traditional and incredibly pretty wub.gif

I've also been considering releasing my Sweetling and attempting for a 2nd gen from an alt, but I just don't have the heart to abandon Julean. He's really grown on me. xd.png

Edited by Orlageddon

I know I'm excited to see this years new Valentine dragon xd.png Hopefully we can have something like the heartseekers. I LOVED the heartseeker dragons. Their colors are superb <3

I'll probably be breeding all of my valentines to the AP like I do every year. I like t give everyone a chance at 2nd gens from my Valentine babies. and I'm not the biggest fan of lists or requests and such xd.png

I hope we get a card event like last year of some sort. I LOVED that. <3

I'm super excited for V-day. No idea what I'm breeding with what though. |D I might breed and AP, nothing has a list.

I actually sort of want another pink male dragon so I can make a lineage with 4 V-day pink breeds.

Yes cards! I want those to be done again. Could even be the same ones. That was awesome.

Edited by NixAyum

The Dragcave Valentine is pretty much the only reason I look forward to the 14th. Plus, I have the week free from school happy.gif So excited.

I love choosing mates for my Holidays. What is everyone breeding theirs with?

I don't have any to breed yet, but as for what I should be receiving from people: A Gen3 Sweetling from Pink X Sweetling checker, a Gen2 Sweetling from Alt X Stripe (to help build a mate for her, I've already got the Black Stripe), and a Gen3 Rosebud from a Moonstone checker that will look good with some other Moonstone/Royal Blue checkers that I have. xd.png As for other breeds, I shall be seeing what I can catch.

I looooove Rosebuds! wub.gif Then Sweetlings.

I'd love to have 2 gens of those breeds xd.png I'll try the AP smile.gif

And of course I'm excited to see the new release biggrin.gif

I'm looking forward to the Valentine dragon

I usually can't catch them myself. I had them gifted

Hope I can at least get one

It will be hard though as I will be out most of the day.

So I'm not the only one who's wondering about the new dragons already. ^^

I'd love to see something a bit different from the typical pink theme again, the Heartseekers were a very successful at that. Maybe even something darker. *thinks of alt sweetlings*

I usually breed all my Valentines with whites and send them to the AP but I'm considering different pairings this year, just to spice things up. Heartseeker x Gold and Val 09 x Gold are some of my favourite pairings but I usually pick easier ones when breeding in season to make it easier for people to find mates.

I think I'll go for Heartseeker x Terrae or Heartseeker x Pillow, and Sweetling x Spring. My Rosebud will probably stay with a White because I like them too much...and I have no idea what to do with my Val '09. Maybe a Black or something blue just for the sake of contrast. Or a GW...hmm...

And of course I'm adding my voice to those saying they'd like the cards back this year. A new event would be awesome of course, but it'd be nice just to have the cards again. They were cute. :3

I am super excited. All of my slots are given to people, but hopefully my little dragons will produce multiples that way there will be lots of 2nd gens of each year in the AP for people to find smile.gif

I hope this years will be more chocolatey colors, or darker reds and less pink...maybe chocolate and a few pink details, but not overwhelmingly pink

Edited by Bloodyrose13

I just Thought of an Epic lineage with This 2G Rosebud and my CB Heartseeker wub.gif If only I had a '09 Valentine in that lineage

Edited by _MergingWhispeR_

Looking forward to this year's Valentine's event - like everyone else. Hopefully I'll be wise enough to actually get a full set of all the Valentine dragons to complete my Holiday sets... dry.gif"

*cough* Unlike last year.

And I'm really excited to see the new Valentine dragon. Early congratulations to the person whose concept is created. happy.gif

Edited by cfmtfm

I missed 3 years in a row, so I will be breeding my 09 for my friend (froze the other CB...), and hope to catch 2nd gens of others

well, since I have all the other valentines dragons, I'll simply be breeding them for anyone who wants them, then snagging the new dragons smile.gif

Looking forward, as always, to seeing the new Valentines dragon <3

well, since I have all the other valentines dragons, I'll simply be breeding them for anyone who wants them, then snagging the new dragons smile.gif

Looking forward, as always, to seeing the new Valentines dragon <3

Same here. Of course the '09s are going to get bred, and we'll see about... oh, who am I kidding, I'll end up breeding all of them even if the entire AP is a lovefest. Just like I did on Christmas.

Even I'm excited, and I think the whole day is a cheap excuse for hallmark to sell their vile cards.

Dragons are immeasurably better.

My favourite valentine dragons are sweetlings, because I just love their pose, my second favourite is the heartseeker, because their colours are great and they remind me of a box of chocolate.

I’ll probably just be sending my sweetling, rosebud, and heartseeker eggs off to the AP as I’m not really a fan of lists. I’m hoping to snag an ’09 valentine off the AP too, as I missed that release.

What other breed are you guys planning to breed your dragons to? My 2nd gen sweetling was last bred with a caveborn old pink, but his mother was a CB black, and I was thinking of red for the heartseeker. I don’t know for the rosebud though, I thought white or moonstone would be cool as they also have feathered wings.

I'm hoping that this Valentine's Day dragon-catching will be as easy and pain-free as it was LAST year! It was a real joy to go into the Cave, grab my two and leave so others could do the same. Unlike the Love Riot of '09 - was it '09 when all that melodramatic kerfuffle took place? Sheeee!

ETA: Yep, I just looked at my Vals and it was '09.

Edited by oddsoxdi

Lol. I don't care about Valentine's day in real life at all, so when I told my family I can't wait for the 14th they all stared at me like I'm crazy... Except for my sister who is also on DC and looking forward to grabbing some lovely dragons. X)

Especially the rosebuds. I just adore those. And the sweetlings. And whatever new dragon comes around. : D

Absolutely can't wait. Really looking forward to the release of the new Valentine dragons! And I'll be breeding my CBs, and hopefully getting a non-inbred Sweetling happy.gif

And hopefully there'll be another cool event, of course happy.gif

I love Valentine's Day on DC! happy.gif This year, I'll be breeding the following (totally not procrastinating doing homework right now... wink.gif ):

Val '09

Phantom Lover x Imperial Mist

My Naughty Valentine x Sir Rosenmond (example Pink offspring)

Sweetling

Simple Sin x Sweet Spectre

Pralines x Valentina Antiqua (example Pink offspring)

Rosebud

Jinsu Rose x either Jden Thuwed or Jolly Rose (example Stripe offspring)

Phantom Romance x Chique

I'm not yet sure what I'll breed for my Heartseekers. xd.png But, I plan to gift away all offspring to help spread the love. wink.giflaugh.gif

Edited by panthera1