sparkle10184

Prize Dragon Disscussion Thread

You are giving IOUs from an IOU list you are 29th on?! Wow.....the pressure would kill me. There are not even CB Tinsels that have produced such an amount of shiny offspring in the two years since they were introduced to the site. It is very funny to see how crazy people get about the Prizes.

That would be too much pressure for me, too. I actually set up a new section on my IOU list for shimmer dragons... I call them tentative IOU's and it's more a note of people who offer 3rd gen swaps and the like so I can keep track of those who have offered swaps when I get mine.

That's what I mean, gist.

... and let's face it, by the time you get your egg, they've likely gone way down in value anyway. laugh.gif

I kinda doubt they will drop in value too much, though. I mean, the first Tinsels were released in 2011 and some lists were really long, but they are still worth a LOT (2nd gens, that is) and things will probably stay that way for a while, maybe for years. And it's possible to get something like a CB Metal for a 3rd gen Tinsel, too, so...

Edited by ZzelaBusya

I understand how that is x.x I also got some PMs but nothing with CB Golds/Silvers (and I didn't mention anything, people just saw me in a list) xd.png I want to wait until the egg is actually on my scroll before establishing trades (EDIT; in her defense, I'd also accept the offers and warn the people that there might be a long waiting time), and when it is on my scroll, first I will gift some people around here that I've been thinking of gifting for a long time now (around 2~3 people?) ^^

Edited by LaHaine

I got on a long list, but I don't really mind - I will always want a 3rd gen prize dragon. They weren't looking for a CB metal or ND, just an easily (for me) bred tinsel. I figured that even if the worst happens and I never get the Shimmer, I wouldn't really be out anything. Just saw it as a nice investment for the future - if it pays off, excellent! If not, well, no hard feelings about it. happy.gif

On topic, these dragons are absolutely gorgeous, and I'm very excited to see proper Eastern dragons on the site. And the pairings these new prize winners are choosing are just breathtaking! Kudos, winners!

I'm not too worried about it. I mean, if it takes longer than anticipated, well, that's not MY fault, I DID ask before accepting the offers if they really wanted to wait, and most said yes. So, there's no pressure really. It will happen when it will happen.

I'm not too worried about it. I mean, if it takes longer than anticipated, well, that's not MY fault, I DID ask before accepting the offers if they really wanted to wait, and most said yes. So, there's no pressure really. It will happen when it will happen.

I really hope everyone has your attitude.

I'm already feeling awful for the people on my list since it's been two weeks and I haven't gotten a shimmer egg yet.

Hmm... *rubs chin* Since I love EG lineages, not sure whether it would be best to get on a Shimmerkin list for each color first and request that mate on the vague nebulous someday when I might get onto a 2G Shimmer list... or wait for the someday and then stalk for a 'kin.

Decisions, decisions...

Hmm... *rubs chin* Since I love EG lineages, not sure whether it would be best to get on a Shimmerkin list for each color first and request that mate on the vague nebulous someday when I might get onto a 2G Shimmer list... or wait for the someday and then stalk for a 'kin.

Decisions, decisions...

BOTH! biggrin.giflaugh.gif

BOTH! biggrin.giflaugh.gif

LOL

While I'd love to do that, I can't see myself getting onto a 2G shimmer list for each color twice. I'm not awesome like Grox or FortyTwo. ;..;

I really hope everyone has your attitude.

I'm already feeling awful for the people on my list since it's been two weeks and I haven't gotten a shimmer egg yet.

No need to feel awful, dragons breed when and what they want to breed.

Pretty sure everybody on DC has gone through a period when they have had stubborn dragons that just don't want to give the right egg.

(I took me almost three months to get a certain pink egg, and right now I have one pair that keeps giving me blunas when all I want is a skywing! Silly dragons)

I think people on your list won't really mind the wait at all.

No need to feel awful, dragons breed when and what they want to breed.

Pretty sure everybody on DC has gone through a period when they have had stubborn dragons that just don't want to give the right egg.

(I took me almost three months to get a certain pink egg, and right now I have one pair that keeps giving me blunas when all I want is a skywing! Silly dragons)

I think people on your list won't really mind the wait at all.

It took me nine months to deliver on a single egg IOU. When I delivered it to the person, they were like "Huh, you owed me a 2nd gen silver? ...well, if you insist?"

Everyone understands; dragons are horrible malingerers. xd.png

Though, if it's been a few attempts and no success it can be worth it trying to switch up mates.

Ooh, beautiful! Lumina and Silver really do look smashing together.

aren't they though I wasn't sure how I felt about them until I saw them together wub.gif

That silver prize would win my heart over, shame it is the hardest list to get on though. My dream would be a Silver Shimmer x Water Walker but the Lumina is kinda up there too...Kind of amazed of how well they suit each other.

Well I got this http://dragcave.net/lineage/7vLne pretty

I love that combo. I meant to do it this week, but oh well rolleyes.gif

I'm excited to see a Turpentine x gold prize pairing eventually. Maybe i'll find my way on a list wub.gif

Shimmer eggs are difficult to hatch. Well, for me anyways. I ended up having to refog the poor thing and hide it until morning before i could try again. It kept getting sick so quickly laugh.gif

Ah. Now I see. I didn't check the mom, I just saw the eggs, and I guess I assumed it was CB. Like any of us would do. Probably not a very experienced member. They'll learn.

You realize to breed with a Valentine, they'd have to be a member for a minimum of a year right.

I'm excited to see a Turpentine x gold prize pairing eventually. Maybe i'll find my way on a list wub.gif

Amusing. xd.png (underline by me) Qualeo, I don't think it'd be too much of a problem for you. =p

Trying to trade off this CB silver for a 2nd gen... @.@

It's good to see they're breeding better, though.

Edited by FortyTwo

Shimmer eggs are difficult to hatch. Well, for me anyways. I ended up having to refog the poor thing and hide it until morning before i could try again. It kept getting sick so quickly laugh.gif

I suspect they have the same hatching pattern as Tinsels - they need bucket-loads of UVs to hatch but sulk furiously if they're incubated and ER'ed.

I'm proud to say that Luckiest Catch wasn't sick once as an egg or hatchie - but then I was very paranoid to begin with and I didn't use incubate.

I suspect they have the same hatching pattern as Tinsels - they need bucket-loads of UVs to hatch but sulk furiously if they're incubated and ER'ed.

I'm proud to say that Luckiest Catch wasn't sick once as an egg or hatchie - but then I was very paranoid to begin with and I didn't use incubate.

Yeah, they're probably like tinsels xd.png My egg didn't like the ER or being incubated.

Wow, not even once? Prow| was sick the entire time while he was growing xd.png

Yeah, they're probably like tinsels xd.png My egg didn't like the ER or being incubated.

Wow, not even once? Prow| was sick the entire time while he was growing xd.png

Mine got all the way to stage 4 before promptly getting sick

While I'd love to do that, I can't see myself getting onto a 2G shimmer list for each color twice. I'm not awesome like Grox or FortyTwo. ;..;

I'm not on that many lists, certainly not as many as Forty. tongue.gif I'm not awesome, I just put effort into trying to get on lists. It's not as hard as people make out, really. ^^

Though I am on two lists of the same colour of prize... an even gen lineage could be interesting... I will think about that xd.png