sparkle10184

Prize Dragon Disscussion Thread

I thought the lotto was an interesting way to gift a 2g, altho I have to admit I felt utterly out of my element. Guess I need to haunt the IRC and get out of my comfort zone and learn something new, lol.

IRC's blocked here at work, so I guess I'm not going to be winning a lotto any time soon. Oh well.

-Please don't use this thread to trade/gift/lotto etc, use the appropriate gifting/trading threads in the trading subforum, PM, etc-

It also depends on what gen you want. Lots of people who are on 2nd gen lists are more than willing to trade spots on their potential 3rd gen lists. But if you insist on a 2nd gen....good luck. Those are mostly closed.

Me for instance. I have a long list already for my 2nd gen gold, but short on the list to get one.

About middling on the list for a 2nd gen silver, but I have a short list for the 3rd gen.

And I am kinda down on the 2nd gen Bronze list, but very short list for that 3rd gen.

Wow, looks like this has already gotten out of hand, IOUs for an IOU? Think I shall just wait it out...one day these too will be everywhere like the tinsels.

When I got my first 2nd gen tinsel, which was very early on actually, I did not get a tinsel egg for almost 3 months, was not fun owing people something I could not produce I tell ya.

Sorry Ruby, this just struck me as odd. The sprites are of course lovely and I am sure one day we shall all own at least one.

Edited by Karobb

Its as me and Sock were discussing in her Q&A topic, yes the shimmers may be rare now, but it'd not be too shocking if say 2 or 3 months down the road they're becoming commonplace. It is what happened last year with the tinsels. I remember thinking "I'll never get any tinsels..." and then after a few months I got 1 of each within 2 weeks.

So definitely keep trying or them, I know I will (that silver Shimmer will be mine! >=O)! I understand a lot of people want low gens (its what I'd prefer too), but sometimes you do have to settle. Sucks, I know, but its nice to at least get the dragon period imo.

If I do manage to get a hold of a shimmer soon, you can bet I'd be breeding it each week! xd.png

Its as me and Sock were discussing in her Q&A topic, yes the shimmers may be rare now, but it'd not be too shocking if say 2 or 3 months down the road they're becoming commonplace. It is what happened last year with the tinsels. I remember thinking "I'll never get any tinsels..." and then after a few months I got 1 of each within 2 weeks.

So definitely keep trying or them, I know I will (that silver Shimmer will be mine! >=O)! I understand a lot of people want low gens (its what I'd prefer too), but sometimes you do have to settle. Sucks, I know, but its nice to at least get the dragon period imo.

If I do manage to get a hold of a shimmer soon, you can bet I'd be breeding it each week! xd.png

I would give it more like 6 months, but I do applaud your healthy attitude!

Wow, looks like this has already gotten out of hand, IOUs for an IOU? Think I shall just wait it out...one day these too will be everywhere like the tinsels.

When I got my first 2nd gen tinsel, which was very early on actually, I did not get a tinsel egg for almost 3 months, was not fun owing people something I could not produce I tell ya.

Sorry Ruby, this just struck me as odd. The sprites are of course lovely and I am sure one day we shall all own at least one.

It wasn't my idea, actually. While everyone was squealing about how cute they all were, I happened to mention that I was lucky to get on lists. Next thing I know, I'm being offered CB golds and silvers, and ND's for spots on a 3rd gen list. Like I'm gonna say no to those?? They weren't IOU's, they were current eggies!!

So, yah, I made lists. BUT I do let each and everyone know where I stand on the 2nd gen lists, and warn them that it may be a long time yet. Most don't care.

Yeah, I can't bring myself to accept things for a dragon I don't even have on my scroll. ^^;;

I know I'm really missing out on the possibilities for trade, but... I can't do it. It's too much risk for me.

I'm really slow at these kind of things, so... what's a lotto? blink.gif

So...

Does everyone agree that the Silvers are hardest to get onto the lists of? It's kind of weird... blink.gif

So...

Does everyone agree that the Silvers are hardest to get onto the lists of? It's kind of weird... blink.gif

A lotto is something held on DC's IRC chat. There's a specific channel for it and people open up dragons for raffles for any amount of time they specify and people in that time period can say 'In' if they want a chance of winning that egg/hatchling.

So...

I dunno, my early feeling was that a lot of the 2nd prize winners made themselves known, while the 1st and 3rd prize winners weren't as forthcoming. That would mean that the 2nd prize winners would receive more PMs and probably their lists would fill up faster, I guess?

I dunno, my early feeling was that a lot of the 2nd prize winners made themselves known, while the 1st and 3rd prize winners weren't as forthcoming. That would mean that the 2nd prize winners would receive more PMs and probably their lists would fill up faster, I guess?

Yeah, a lot of us were fairly open about winning. I know only 1 gold winner I think revealed at first. the majority revealed were silver winners at first.

I think these new dragons are simply gorgeous. So jealous of the Spriter's Alt, which I think is the most beautiful color variation. (I can really picture that one swimming in the water, as the alt looks like she can blend into the water.)

For some reason, however, while I managed to obtain each Tinsel variation, I think I'd only want to obtain one of these Shimmer-scales. Namely the bronze variation, which I think is the most beautiful color variation after the Spriter Alt. (Not trying to knock the spriter, who did a marvelous job, but I think the Silver variation is a bit bland in terms of color and the gold variation is a bit too flashy for my taste.)

Edited by Data_Girl_3

lol the only list im on is the 3rd gen raffel list from 1 of them xd.png so it isnt even a list with a guarentee haha id like 2 get on 1 with a guarentee

I keep telling myself to put the prize dragons out of my mind, but I keep straying back and oogling over them, lol. I know there isn't a chance for me to get one til much, much later in the year, but I can't help it. They are beautiful though, Jewel is definitely my favorite. Love the blue color.

It wasn't my idea, actually. While everyone was squealing about how cute they all were, I happened to mention that I was lucky to get on lists. Next thing I know, I'm being offered CB golds and silvers, and ND's for spots on a 3rd gen list. Like I'm gonna say no to those?? They weren't IOU's, they were current eggies!!

So, yah, I made lists. BUT I do let each and everyone know where I stand on the 2nd gen lists, and warn them that it may be a long time yet. Most don't care.

You are giving IOUs from an IOU list you are 29th on?! Wow.....the pressure would kill me. There are not even CB Tinsels that have produced such an amount of shiny offspring in the two years since they were introduced to the site. It is very funny to see how crazy people get about the Prizes.

I'm on two lists for 2nd gens. Dunno if I want to be on more...

You are giving IOUs from an IOU list you are 29th on?! Wow.....the pressure would kill me. There are not even CB Tinsels that have produced such an amount of shiny offspring in the two years since they were introduced to the site. It is very funny to see how crazy people get about the Prizes.

o_O That's crazy... That's 29 weeks minimum - assuming it produced a shiny every time, and is bred every week at 7 day intervals, not skipping a day - and what does one do if the owner goes inactive... That's a lot of debt.

Edited by FortyTwo

Impossible. There will not be a shiny every week. I'd say that should be at least be doubled too 58 weeks, counting the inactivities and all those Shimmerkins in between...

That's what I mean, gist.

... and let's face it, by the time you get your egg, they've likely gone way down in value anyway. laugh.gif