sparkle10184

Prize Dragon Disscussion Thread

Thank you Alse15 and Miroku-Kun! Also, thanks to the person who PMed me and helped out. People around here are awesome. smile.gif

good luck in the lottery, I won´t join, as I never go into chats anyway ^^ I hope the one who gets it will breed (and gift?) many Shinies, too ^^

Why did I have choir tonight? Can somebody post the link to the loto here? Good luck to everyone we'll need it biggrin.gif

Heh, I didn't know that that's how the lotto works in chat (shows how often I venture into chat). A lot less stressful than I thought.

Maybe I will join. XP

Is the lotto already over?

No its in just under 40 mins. smile.gif

Not joining the lotto here, as I don't like IRC (I don't chat much in any program to begin with anyway). I never win such things things anyway. *would rather people do surprise glomp gifts*

I like to see variety, honestly. It ends up being more "fair" for people if there are a variety of gifting methods used; some "you were there at the right time" (the departure board, and to a certain degree winners who keep gift lists), "you've got fast reflexes" (the AP), "you were chosen out of a fair lottery" (dragonlotto or some of the lotto threads), "you're a good person" (glomping people out of gifting threads), "help clear the cave" (competition style, but rewards people willing to put in time and look towards far off goals), etc.</thinksAboutThisTooMuch>

(Note: I do not wish to imply that any of the winners should feel compelled to do any of these things or to provide variety for us non-winners. ^^)

I like to see variety, honestly. It ends up being more "fair" for people if there are a variety of gifting methods used; some "you were there at the right time" (the departure board, and to a certain degree winners who keep gift lists), "you've got fast reflexes" (the AP), "you were chosen out of a fair lottery" (dragonlotto or some of the lotto threads), "you're a good person" (glomping people out of gifting threads), "help clear the cave" (competition style, but rewards people willing to put in time and look towards far off goals), etc.</thinksAboutThisTooMuch>

(Note: I do not wish to imply that any of the winners should feel compelled to do any of these things or to provide variety for us non-winners. ^^)

I haven't seen anyone doing the last one. I would love to see a competition sprouted for people to collect one type of dragon and so many people who collected the most in X amount of time to get a shimmer of any lineage (kind of like the holly contest).

Well, I've arranged trades for two 2nd gens - one Gold and one Bronze. (Thank you to the owners for your generosity. <3) I'm pretty satisfied at the moment, I've never actually gotten a nice and short lineage for a Prize. :3

(Of course, I'll gift to other people. happy.gif)

I haven't seen anyone doing the last one. I would love to see a competition sprouted for people to collect one type of dragon and so many people who collected the most in X amount of time to get a shimmer of any lineage (kind of like the holly contest).

There was one for tinsels, the Common Collector Competition. Something similar will probably be set up after the shimmers have had a chance to spread a bit.

How does one trade for these? I listed off a huge trade last week with about 15 Hatchlings (some of them rares- like 2 CB magma and a couple golds) and not one bite. Mehhhh... D:

I hope the new Valentines will look good with the Silver Shimmers. I think that would be a good match :3

How does one trade for these? I listed off a huge trade last week with about 15 Hatchlings (some of them rares- like 2 CB magma and a couple golds) and not one bite. Mehhhh... D:

I hope the new Valentines will look good with the Silver Shimmers. I think that would be a good match :3

Most of the lists are closed, I think. I've been touting a 3 CB metal offer for at least four days and received no bites on it.

It also depends on what gen you want. Lots of people who are on 2nd gen lists are more than willing to trade spots on their potential 3rd gen lists. But if you insist on a 2nd gen....good luck. Those are mostly closed.

Me for instance. I have a long list already for my 2nd gen gold, but short on the list to get one.

About middling on the list for a 2nd gen silver, but I have a short list for the 3rd gen.

And I am kinda down on the 2nd gen Bronze list, but very short list for that 3rd gen.

Edited by Riverwillows

I like the lotto. Trading I find daunting and you really never know if the dragon will produce, or when. And for whatever reason, I've never caught anything off a departure board.

Granted, I'm pretty happy with long stairsteps and big even-gens. So waiting for a nice 8th gen stairstep that everyone else turns their noses up at is not a problem for me xd.png That is how I got my gold tinsels.

It's rather nice of you to have a raffle so people have a chance to obtain a 2nd gen Shimmer Wing without paying an arm and a leg and their favorite dragon's firstborn. Thanks. cool.gif

I don't really like trading myself, as I only hunt for what I need, so I usually never have anything good to trade with. I also don't like having eggs/hatchlings taking up 'slots' for the off chance I might be able to trade them for something better....

That said, I'm not that picky on the generation thing, so long as it's clean and no more than 10th gen, I'll likely keep it. The exception, of course, is if the only other dragon in the lineage is a Waterhorse or Mint: I won't keep it in that case and would probably try to trade it for something else.

Edited by Slaskia