sparkle10184

Prize Dragon Disscussion Thread

Fulfilled my first shimmer IOU today. Feels good! I hope she's really happy with her first egg!

Hmm, so, I'm trying to figure out how to make this lineage work. I want to do a seasonal shimmer checkerish lineage, with CB's/2nd gens like so:

Male silver shimmer x female spring = male silver shimmer

Male silver shimmer x female summer = female summer

Male silver shimmer x female autumn = male silver shimmer

Male silver shimmer x female winter = female winter

(Why? Because I feel like it and I apparently like stupidly hard projects.)

I actually have the silver shimmer places; I need the shimmerkins. It might be easier to complete if I go for shimmerkin from bronze instead (since there are more of them). Any thoughts? It'd probably destroy the symmetry, I guess.

Really late coming to this and I haven't finished reading the rest of the thread, but if you manage this, PLEASE post pics? It sounds absolutely stunning, and I think bronze and silver mix would be a nice colorful contrast.

Really late coming to this and I haven't finished reading the rest of the thread, but if you manage this, PLEASE post pics? It sounds absolutely stunning, and I think bronze and silver mix would be a nice colorful contrast.

I'd actually be interested in seeing this as well....

:0

One of Jewel's grandchildren is in the market..

(!!! !!!!!!!!! ! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

*reads the trade info six times and throws in the best i have*

*prays*

lol i tried for it too happy.gif oh btw mine hatched and is now healthy and named "My Beautiful First Shimmer" <3

Edited by linda3.0

lol i tried for it too happy.gif oh btw mine hatched and is now healthy and named "My Beautiful First Shimmer" <3

Pretty name. I was thinking of doing something similar when I get my first one :3 something like

"FINALLY I HAZ A SHIMMER" xd.png

i do love the nebulas with silver <3 and needless 2 say im gonna be continuing 2 fog my shimmer when im away so it reaches adulthood safely xd.png btw i was origionally gonna use the word Beloved but it just didnt look right tongue.gif

Edited by linda3.0

I offered on Jewel's grandchild too. I hopefully offered some things she wanted. I hope I wasn't rude or anything. I'm trying to be as polite as possible when I make offers on Shimmers.

*prays for acceptance*

Edited by sarantha

I offered, but three of the four dragons I offered grow up in less than 12 hours, and the egg hatches in the same. Due to the 24hr aspect, I am most likely out xd.png but it's fun to try!

I offered, but three of the four dragons I offered grow up in less than 12 hours, and the egg hatches in the same. Due to the 24hr aspect, I am most likely out xd.png but it's fun to try!

Aha, so it wasn't just me. :3 I offered as well, but saw the update and graciously bowed out of the running. I was happy to see such an opening for offers though! Maybe next time I won't have such low time hatchies on my scroll. tongue.gif

On an embarrassing note: I totally didn't realize who's shimmer that was until I actually looked at the shimmer lineage about five minutes after just tossing all the uncommon hatchies on my scroll up there. D: That's kinda intimidating offering on a spriter's offspring. Kinda embarrassing even further after the 24hr update that I didn't mind just collecting my babies and scooting outta the trade thread. Ahaha. *doesn't keep up with shimmer OR tinsel names well*

Edited by Bu-tan

I'm really intimidated and worried too, but when she PM'd me back, she was super nice and she didn't outright SAY she was declining my offer, just that she was looking at all offers, and was still looking at some of the really pretty common/rare lineages I offered. Spriters are nice people too! tongue.gif

Spriters take the time out of their life to help make peoples dragon requests a reality, I'd say their nice.

Back to the main reason this threads here.

Has anyone considered purple dragons x shimmers?

Oh, dear, yes, Limn! I really would ADORE a Purple x Shimmer (any color) lineage! That would be absolutely gorgeous. Female purples/male shimmers preferred. I love female purples in lineages.

Spriters take the time out of their life to help make peoples dragon requests a reality, I'd say their nice.

Back to the main reason this threads here.

Has anyone considered purple dragons x shimmers?

Well, we have a Shimmer with Purple Nebula and Horse. But no real purples, or at least they haven't showed up on the forums.

Someone needs to mate their CB Shimmer with a Purple and start that unique lineage! It WOULD be truly unique.

I quite like male purples, and would be curious to see how they appear in lineages with shimmers, as both dragons make a circle

I really want Silver Shimmer x Red Nebula. I know that would be just gorgeous. Is there a line like that out there yet?

Someone needs to mate their CB Shimmer with a Purple and start that unique lineage! It WOULD be truly unique.

Most lines will look very awesome smile.gif

Silver/balloon would be cool too xd.png

I would love to see a line with Earth/Pebbles, but...ya know...I'm biased. *kicks sig outta the way.* I think Harvest would look really good with bronze given the color similarities.

I'm also starting to see a few longer lineages pop up in the trading threads, even if I know it'll be a while before the ratios even out. It's nice to see them. I'm also happy to see more of that...er...variety in shape as well. The only others we have similar are the silvers. So, yay, eastern dragons.

Edited by Bu-tan

Finaaaaaally!

user posted image

(No, I did not really name it Whisywashy Whispers III - though I was tempted to.)

Edited by Mistress of Whispers

Finaaaaaally!

user posted image

(No, I did not really name it Whisywashy Whispers III - though I was tempted to.)

Congrats biggrin.gif

Cue the clapping. *Claps Aplenty* May your dragon have many more children.

I think a Male Purple and a Bronze Shimmer would look good, possibly gold. Just a Male Purples sprite is circular, thus matches the shimmer sprite.