sparkle10184

Prize Dragon Disscussion Thread

Topic Reminder:

This topic is to disscuss the new prize dragons. You can disscuss the lineages you'd like to see, the sprite, etc. This thread is not to debate the fairness of the raffle; this a moot point, the raffle has already happened.

The Spriter's Alt is (Jewel).

(Satan) was traded off by its original owner.

The egg of the Spriter's Alt didn't have a cracking sequence, according to Mysfytt, the spriter of the new prize dragons: the egg just showed the fog sprite and kept getting views until it hatched, at which point the fog turned into the ungendered hatchling.

Can be incubated and influenced.

The Silver Prize egg (7AP36) was abandoned by its original owner, and then picked up from the AP by a different user.

On 31st January 2013 (evening-ish EST), a curious incident happened to (Jewel). On that day she was already gendered but, after a short time, she died of sickness. A couple of minutes later she was revived as an ungendered hatchling, gendering again as female the day after. Since the Prizes are protected from sickness, it is unknown why she died and how she revived.

(Logic) has broken the most views record set by the Gold Tinsel Gold Epica.

Most dragons will grow up some time on the 2nd of Feb, around 11pm EST.

Bronze Prize dragon (Micky) has been frozen as a S1 hatchling

(Jewel) was the original, according to Mysfytt, she had been working on that one when she was offered to make prize dragons out of hers.

Silver Prize (BhgzQ) originally had a different code (r7aPe), but was changed upon the request of the owner

edit by Rubyshoes:

This thread is also not a discussion thread for trading or gifting.

Nor is it about what people perceive as right or wrong about trading with the winners. There's no right or wrong way to play DC, and people can pick what they want and can trade with what they like. This point isn't part of this discussion. The winners are still people, people who can be made to feel guilty because of their style of playing the game, and it shouldn't have to be that way. No one should have to feel horrible for winning a raffle prize - Khay- .

Also remember that this is not a chat thread. Take off topic chat to PMs or to their appropriate thread/section of the forum.

Dragging drama/arguments/rudenss from the closed thread or starting them in this thread will result in this thread being closed. If this thread is closed another one about prize dragons will not be allowed to open at this time.

Edited by rubyshoes

*Apologies Rubyshoes, I was attempting to close the matter with an answer and explanation, that is all.

I am glad everyone is liking something about the new dragon. xd.png even those who comment of the busy or textured part seem happy enough to have a second eastern to play with.

*Apologies Rubyshoes, I was attempting to close the matter with an answer and explanation, that is all.

I am glad everyone is liking something about the new dragon. xd.png even those who comment of the busy or textured part seem happy enough to have a second eastern to play with.

smile.gif

They really are an absolutely beautiful sprite. I love all 4 variations but I think the bronze and gold are my favorites.

I love the sprites so much. I like the eggs and hatchlings, but I especially like the elegance and flow of the adults. Major congrats to those of you who received them!

the sprites are so beautiful they have the power to turn any other breed of dragon famous.

i.e. I've been going through tons of lumina eggies in the AP hoping they would be a shimmer-kin biggrin.gif

Edited by FJEEFOJ

As far as Spriter alts go, I have to admit, I think Jewel is the prettiest of the bunch. (I love purple and blues.) Thing is, I'm OCD with colors. So, given that it's impossible to continue Jewel's colors, I'm not that crazy for a 2nd gen. If that makes sense at all. Many even-gens I've seen with spriter alts are simply the alt stuck in with others of it's breed, without thought as to whether the colors look good together. I've only seen a few that consider that. Maybe because it's hard to do. Granted, moonstones are lovely and that's going to look pretty. That is exactly what I tried to do with my previous tinsel lineage http://dragcave.net/lineage/pJJ3W (stubborn tinsel prevented this being tinseled later, but showing as an example) http://dragcave.net/lineage/dXfoa silver with moon stairstep.

But along that line of thought, had any of the prize owners thought about getting together and doing an all prize stair step? IE, Jewel egg 1 goes to Prize owner 1. That egg is bred to a prize, given to next owner etc etc. Kinda like the holiday lineages like this: http://dragcave.net/lineage/GU4q

Mysfytt. O_O You are my hero. Teach me your secrets. **hugs Jewel tightly and stalks off.**

As far as Spriter alts go, I have to admit, I think Jewel is the prettiest of the bunch. (I love purple and blues.) Thing is, I'm OCD with colors. So, given that it's impossible to continue Jewel's colors, I'm not that crazy for a 2nd gen. If that makes sense at all.

It makes a lot of since, I promise you. I'm OCD about a lot of things myself.

Anyhoo~ The prize dragons are simply beautiful, and I love them to death, although I'm gonna wait a while before actually attempting to get one. I'm really happy with just seeing them, and I'm really happy for the winners~ smile.gif

They're so shimmery! I really wanna see the Silver ones with White dragons...That'd be so freaking epic, oh meh gawds.

-applauds Mysfytt-

You know, I think someone mentioned that they hoped that these pretties would inspire more Eastern-style dragons in Dragon Requests. Something to keep people occupied while they wait for enough of these shinies to get around so they can obtain one. I like that idea o3o we DO need more Easterns and these are a great start to what I hope becomes a thing.

-applauds Mysfytt-

You know, I think someone mentioned that they hoped that these pretties would inspire more Eastern-style dragons in Dragon Requests. Something to keep people occupied while they wait for enough of these shinies to get around so they can obtain one. I like that idea o3o we DO need more Easterns and these are a great start to what I hope becomes a thing.

I certainly feel where Myst is coming from in regards to 'have nothing worthy to trade with' and I've already mentioned before what I would have done if I got such a shiny.

As for more eastern requests, I know I have one cooking on the backburner I'm itching to put in for submission, but I want to finish my current concept first.

Now, to be even more ontopic: I still think Tri-horns would look good with the bronze. smile.gif

Man, I'd never thought I'd be glad not to have a really special dragon. The amount of drama that seems to go with it makes me kind of glad that I didn't win the raffle, and that nothing I have will ever inspire that level of passion.

Jewel is a dazzling dragon. I'm happy to know she exists. That's all.

<<Mysfytt -- if you weren't already getting bombarded with more messages than you probably ever want, I'd send you a message letting you know that not everyone is like that. But I think probably you've got enough messages like that right now. I'll leave you in peace.>>

~

New asian-themed dragons would be wonderful. I'd love to see more dragons making a perfect shape like these ones too. A nearly perfectly round dragon shape is so striking.

Maybe we'll get a perfect oval or square one next. Squares seem like they'd almost have to be entertaining rather than elegant. Though I guess an elegant square would be possible.

+1 for dragons in a square pose! There are already lots of dragons in circle poses, although I think the only one that rivals these guys in roundness are the female Sunsongs.

I don't usually reply on these threads, because I feel I'll just get lost in the crowd of congratulations. And, hey, while I'm here, congratulations Mysfytt, awesome sprite! smile.gif

I'm really here because of what you wrote earlier, Mysfytt, about not being able to catch anything ever, etc. I've been in the same boat since starting here. I have absolutely no luck catching anything good. Luckily, strangers have been kind to me and I've been able to trade up numerous times for things I really want. I've been watching the release of these new prize dragons with anticipation, but with the knowledge that I'll probably have to wait months, or much longer before I'll be able to get one.

This is why I think you're awesome, Mysfytt. It's so nice to see you trying to level the playing field with Jewel's offspring. I look forward to watching them grow up, and maybe somewhere down the line one of their descendants will make their way to my scroll. smile.gif

-applauds Mysfytt-

That was me.

/snip/ If you guys want easterns, then start suggesting! I truly hope this release inspires a wave of eastern requests the way the blusangs caused a bunch of lindwurm requests.

Quoting myself in hope of inspiring people to suggest pretty things.

Back on topic, pairings I'm hoping to see are:

Gold: water, sunsong, gold, Golden wyverns, blusang

Silver: Waters, winters, ice, skywing, female hellfires

Bronze: Heartseeker, tri-horn, deep sea, magma, hellfire,

All of them: Lumina, Wraping-Wing, silver. Really hoping for some silver pairings! wub.gif

And I'll probably think of more as they start popping up smile.gif

My favorite variation is the silver one, followed by gold. I will be hoarding these.

With those whiskers\feelers on their face, they'd look adorable paired with a male Purple. Especially the silver prize. smile.gif

I would LOOOOOVE to see a stairstep/checker of Silver shimmerscale done with female Hellfires or Moonstones...

user posted image

But for contrast, I think Ember would be amazing too...

user posted image

And in my Dreams of Impossibility, just to see how good it would look...

user posted image

(VERY good. lol)

Edited by Moeru

Agree. I do like the silver shimmer and hellfire combo. I think I also so pics of a silver shimmer x female moonstone that was rather pretty

O.O Okay, forget the prizes. That's not going to happen for me for years, if ever. Just give me a hellfire from a hellfire x silver pair. So beautifull.....

Man, I can't seem to find a lineage that looks right. I was thinking Sunsong x Gold was going to look gorgeous, but I think the hues are wrong. ;_;