sparkle10184

Prize Dragon Disscussion Thread

This topic is to disscuss the new prize dragons. You can disscuss the lineages you'd like to see, the sprite, etc. This thread is not to debate the fairness of the raffle; this a moot point, the raffle has already happened.

The Spriter's Alt is (Jewel).

(Satan) was traded off by its original owner.

The egg of the Spriter's Alt didn't have a cracking sequence, according to Mysfytt, the spriter of the new prize dragons: the egg just showed the fog sprite and kept getting views until it hatched, at which point the fog turned into the ungendered hatchling.

Can be incubated and influenced.

The Silver Prize egg (7AP36) was abandoned by its original owner, and then picked up from the AP by a different user.

On 31st January 2013 (evening-ish EST), a curious incident happened to (Jewel). On that day she was already gendered but, after a short time, she died of sickness. A couple of minutes later she was revived as an ungendered hatchling, gendering again as female the day after. Since the Prizes are protected from sickness, it is unknown why she died and how she revived.

(Logic) has broken the most views record set by the Gold Tinsel Gold Epica.

Most dragons will grow up some time on the 2nd of Feb, around 11pm EST.

Bronze Prize dragon (Micky) has been frozen as a S1 hatchling

(Jewel) was the original, according to Mysfytt, she had been working on that one when she was offered to make prize dragons out of hers.

Silver Prize (BhgzQ) originally had a different code (r7aPe), but was changed upon the request of the owner

edit by Rubyshoes:

This thread is also not a discussion thread for trading or gifting.

Nor is it about what people perceive as right or wrong about trading with the winners. There's no right or wrong way to play DC, and people can pick what they want and can trade with what they like. This point isn't part of this discussion. The winners are still people, people who can be made to feel guilty because of their style of playing the game, and it shouldn't have to be that way. No one should have to feel horrible for winning a raffle prize - Khay- .

Also remember that this is not a chat thread. Take off topic chat to PMs or to their appropriate thread/section of the forum.

Edited by rubyshoes

The prizes are pretty. I'm a little sad that they're more saturated than the eggs were, though, the bronze and gold tones in particular looked nicer on the egg. Silver looks the same, and spriter's alt looks better. Mysfytt did a good job, and I think they'll look lovely with Guardians <3

Absolutely gorgeous dragons, and it's great to see another Eastern type on the site smile.gif I can't wait until demand dies down a bit, I'd love to have one of the silver variants <3 Major congrats to those who got them!

I like the gold the best, and silver the least. Overall, I love them. The sparkly beauty is very fitting of a prize dragon. Now to sit patiently until they become common IRC raffle prizes no one cares for so I can get them easily. They're so lovely!

I am a huge fan of the Gold and the Bronze sprites but not so much the Silver. Regardless they are gorgeous and I applaud the sportier.

I can't wait till I can get my hands on some. Though I plan to wait for the messy lineages to start to appear, or at least until the hype slows down and they are easier to get ahold of.

Ohh the silver looks so nice with Deep Sea. At first I thought it'd be too soft to look nice, but the green makes it beautiful. <3 Silver x Greenwing is another of my favorites.

Has anyone seen a 2nd gen prize from these guys yet? I hope they start producing prize offspring soon biggrin.gif

I love the sprites so pretty the Silvers will look good with SW, Christmas Wrapping, Sweetlings, and Ice. I haven't tried to see what they looked like with other dragons.

The bronze look amazing with Autumns, and Pillows.

Has anyone seen a 2nd gen prize from these guys yet? I hope they start producing prize offspring soon biggrin.gif

I saw one. ^^

I'm still not sure what they'll look best with. Uuu, so pretty. I want all of them. ^^

My one sad is that the spriter's alt will never be bred with a Guardian. The lineage sprites would look so ridiculously perfect together, but alas.

I'm still not sure what they'll look best with. Uuu, so pretty. I want all of them. ^^

Indeed they are!

I've chosen Moonstone x Bronze for one of the lists I'm on. ^.^

I'm patiently awaiting the day when I'll have some of each prize color to add to my collection. I'll never get to have one from Jewel's line, she's one sharp sprite for sure. I think I like silver the best out of them.

Uggghhh. My favorite is the alt adult. .____. Oh my... they're so gorgeous, all of them! I'll have to wait a few months to actually get one, though. </3

The colors are amazing! The design seems so different than many of the ones we currently have on the site, but absolutely not in a bad way.

Is it just me or do the adults look like they're larger than many of the adult dragons we currently have? Hard to tell without seeing them in comparison to other dragons on a scroll.

xd.png I won't be getting one of these pretties for a long, long time. I have nothing even remotely worth trading for one. But I'm excited to see what sort of lineages other people make with them. Seems like after enough time passes, most possible pairings happen.

wow I love the adults!

and have to say, the spriter one is my favorite, the color is simply awesome. silver is my 2nd fav followed closely by gold and bronze biggrin.gif

great job on them and again congrats to all who got a Cb and a low gen wub.gif

They remind me slightly of something on MagiStream... They're simply gorgeous! smile.gif

*reworded as it should have been without the burn - apologies

SAY IT AIN"T SO!!!! I was just told that the spriter's alt owner will not be trading any 2gen, but AUCTIONING off 3gens. In other words, those of us who just CANNOT snag CB metals have no chance in hell of ever getting even a measly 3gen because they'll be going to the people with 185 CB thisses and CB thats. Wow. Greedy grabbyhand much? Too bad DC has to be so much like the effin' real world when greed takes over and how much can I get out of it is the philosophy of the day.

Since the other is closed I will reply to this here.

There has been a lot of speculation about my decision NOT to give 2nd gens off Jewel in trade, and to auction the eggs instead.

My decision comes from my past experience with trades, and continually being knocked back for not having anything 'valuable', even for something as simple as a 3rd gen ice or alt vine.

So, I have come to the conclusion to thus - my friends the other artists will receive for no cost a 2nd gen metallic from Jewel, (though many have given me their own 2nd gen alts or other gifts because they are actually NICE). The 3rd gen offspring they can trade off for anything they wish.

I will also be trading off 3rd gen metallic offspring and 2nd gen shimmerkins. I may at a very later stage, when the madness has all died down, trade with the prize winners for 2nd gen swaps, but that is only if they wish it, as I am sure they have been swamped with mad people demanding trades as well.

As to the auction concept, it will be a silent method of people offering. I will post an egg in the trade section with - The offer I like 'wins', they will not know what I will expect because I will put no price to it. I may not require CB metallics after I have obtained the first few and will be chasing instead nice lineages or even multiple commons. I am not greedy and do not want to be bombarded with CB metal or ND offers. I actually don't like NDs an am quite happy to have the one I was gifted, and after you have a pair of each of the metals what more do you need?

This way, a person with no metals but who has been working at a few awesome lineages can still have the chance of getting one, as much as those with a fast net or a many friends connection has.

3rd gen metals and 2nd gen Jewelkin will be on offer WHEN THEY BREED. I will have no lists other than the one I have made for the artists. I have already got an owe list as long as my arm for some of the nice tinsels and silvers I have so I know this can be a trying time for both, so no list.

Just be sure to look in the trades section for a post marked 'Jewel egg' and feel free to make a bid. You just never know until you try.

Edited by Mysfytt

the writer may have just slightly misunderstood your terms. just slightly

btw I love your choice of mates, moonstone = best pairing ever biggrin.gifD

Since the other is closed I will reply to this here.

So really, saying that I am greedy for auctioning instead of demanding a price is completely shameful, and I wonder just how many CB metals YOU would be demanding if it were you holding the cards.

This sounds like you are being one of the least greedy of the prize holders. It gives everyone a chance to get a beautiful dragon.

Kudos to you, and I think what you are planning to do with the 2nd gens is very nice. I can't believe people are calling you out on it.

Hm. I think everyone who owns a CB Prize/Alt is absolutely free to do whatever they please with it. I also think, everyone else is absolutely free to have an opinion about that.

I really like the new dragons. They're a little too busy and too textured for my personal taste, but I love the pose and to me, they give off something majestic and proud. Seems only fitting happy.gif

I think they will look fantastic in lineages, especially with unusual commons instead of the commons that go with everything.