GhostMouse

Keep Eggs in "Scroll Order" While Influencing

I've noticed that whenever I go to influence an egg, all my eggs change places. They don't go alphabetical by code, or in order by time left, or grouped by breed, so I'm not sure how they're being "sorted." It looks more like they're being scrambled.

This would be only slightly annoying if I had eggs of 6 different breeds, but sometimes I have two or more eggs of the same breed, and sometimes it matters to me which ones I influence to be male and which to be female.

I know it's possible for dragons to retain their sort order (since they do it for breeding, with one gender removed), so it seems like a simple thing to fix to keep the eggs in order, as well. It would certainly help me feel sure that I'm selecting the correct egg

(I do currently go by code, as it's the only way to be sure, but I would prefer it if I could go by order and use the code to double check that I have the correct egg.)

Edit: I forgot to include that this issue also occurs with Incubating, and it would be just as useful to have the eggs sorted at that time, as well.

Edited by GhostMouse

Could it be in order by caught/bred? I have no idea myself as my scroll is currently ordered by breed. Either way, I support this idea.

I don't think it's by time caught or bred, because I frequently catch fodder for biting and the newer eggs tend to end up in the middle of my list.

I would like this too. I typically have several eggs of the same breed on my scroll at the same time, and trying to remember which is which by code alone can be frustrating, to say the least.

I personally use Legacy sort and all my eggs/hatchlings are numbered 0. I believe that the eggs/hatchlings are lined up by date laid or oldest first, which generally means that hatchlings are listed first followed by the eggs.

But when you go to Influence, or Incubate, or Teleport they wind up in a different order based on I don't know what. And if I have three red stripe eggs and can't remember the exact code, I wind up doing a lot of page manipulations to figure out which egg is which.

If the eggs would stay in the same order as they are on my scroll it would be very, VERY helpful.

100% support for this idea. biggrin.gif

Since I use alt custom sort, my BSA dragons come up in the order by which I have sorted them, i.e., reds, shallow-water (which have NO use for BSA any longer xd.png ), and then by the next order which they fall (male then female, generally). I support the idea, but letting DC decide your sort order, rather than forcing (alt custom or custom) is going to only continue to list your BSA dragons in whatever other order has been dictated, such as date caught, color, etc.

Edited by blackdragon71

The same is true of the list of eggs and hatchlings for the teleport action. I find that most disconcerting sometimes. It makes sense to me that all these lists would be in scroll order. It would certainly be easier than with the apparently random order that they are listed at present.

@ blackdragon71 - I am not referring to the list of adult dragons available for the BSA and I don't think the OP was, either. The issue here is the list of the eggs and hatchlings that are available to be acted on by the BSA.

Edited by purplehaze

I see what you mean, purplehaze, and I apologize for my misunderstanding. However, the rule is also true of BSAing eggs and hatchies: if you do not force the order yourself by alt or custom sorting, DC will choose the order by whatever criteria a person has chosen to sort their scroll otherwise.

Just tested my theory, and it is sound. When I went to incubate, influence, and teleport my eggs, they were listed in the order by which I had alt custom sorted them.

Not so for me. Below is the order my eggs appear on my scroll:

user posted image

Now the order they appear for applying the incubate BSA:

user posted image

Not the same at all. Not considering the zombie and the chicken. wink.gif

Edited by purplehaze

I use alt custom sort and my eggs are rarely in any order. i just even thought to test out 'saving' the sort before going to the eggs and nada - not scroll, not date... no visible order at all.

I've been thinking the same as this myself, so I'm for it.

Yes, that would be very helpful. I'm not sure about teleport, either - do the eggs get scrambled there, too? I think I've seen eggs change places, but I'm not totally sure. (But I do check codes before teleporting, just in case.)

Yes, I did mean the egg order. Thanks Purplehaze!

I use Alternate Custom Sort, as well. Since I usually grab from the AP, many of mine come with different amounts of time left, and I always sort them by time-til-hatching (so with every new egg, I sort and save before doing any BSA's). They still end up scrambled when I go to use a BSA on them.

Purplehaze's picture illustrates it perfectly. It almost looks like they just get reversed, but the Winter and the Stripe are in the wrong places. And for all we know, the two Red Stripes got switched with each other, as well.

Another support from me. I alt custom sort too, and they wander all over when I go to DO something to them. I try to work by codes by having the action thing open in a different tab - but I live in fear of misclicking...

I would support this, I don't like how the eggs move around as they do now.

Oh look, this isn't a BSA suggestion, so I can say I support it without getting warned?

Edited by TheGrox

Yes, that would be very helpful. I'm not sure about teleport, either - do the eggs get scrambled there, too? I think I've seen eggs change places, but I'm not totally sure. (But I do check codes before teleporting, just in case.)

They do, if I remember correctly. Anyways, I support this too.

I always thought they were ordered by time. I guess I just pay more attention to the codes and stuff and see what I want to see. XD

Since I'm just paying attention to the codes and it's seven eggs not 21 growing things, it doesn't really bother me, but it also won't hurt for me to throw my support in here. :3

Here's the thread that brings up teleport sort (as well as some other general teleport suggestions): http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=137782

I am like you, GhostMouse. I always sort my scroll as soon as I put any new dragon on it and I always sort them by time left, least time at the bottom, most at the top. That is the way they are sorted in the scroll shot I posted. But as you can see in the incubate page shot, they have been mixed around and are now in no discernible order!

To answer the question about teleporting -- yes they get scrambled there, too, and the eggs and hatchlings are even mixed together. Again, no discernible order to them. It just appears to be random.

Edited by purplehaze

Could they be ordered by the amount of time they've been on your scroll?

Could they be ordered by the amount of time they've been on your scroll?

Hmmm . . . nope! I just did a test, and the egg that had been on my scroll the shortest time was right in the middle of my 5 current eggs.