Obscure_Trash

World Happenings, News, and Such

I'm one of the people who live down here in the great state of Louisiana. I can say it is really bad here. They are saying that 90% of people who live in Denham Springs are going to be homeless. Luckily, I am not one of them as I still have a car, shelter, food, and a job. Everyone in my family still has their jobs, but I'm meeting people who has lost everything. A friend of mine has nothing but his family and the clothes on their back.

My brother is lucky that another Goodwill store is going to have him. The one that he worked at is gone. It need to be worked on. The libraries that I go to may still be underwater and therefore I am limited to my work's wifi. And what's worse is that we might even get more rain. It had been raining off and on, but not as bad as Friday-Sunday afternoon.

Please pray for the people down here if you can.

Edit: Just heard from a co-worker, we're under another Flash Flood warning

Edited by Raptor of Dragons

"Please, if you can, donate to the victims through the Red Cross: http://www.redcross.org/local/louisiana Or, if you are interested in helping with post-flood disaster assistance, please sign up with Volunteer Louisiana: http://www.volunteerlouisiana.gov/ "

Post includes pics of the flooding: http://almalexias.tumblr.com/post/14894116...rst-flooding-in

Here's another way to donate directly to a variety of places, including a bunch of animal shelters: http://www.nola.com/weather/index.ssf/2016...ow_to_dona.html Some of the places have wishlists, so it would be super easy to donate to those. ^^

Just heared about the situation in Florida in the german TV.

I hope you're all safe out there! unsure.gif

So, we have people dressed as clowns trying to lure kids into the woods. Not sure what they are planning, if it's just individuals doing this as a prank or its a group of people. I would feel sorry for that one kid who has a deathly fear of clowns to wake up one night to hear tapping, turn on their light to see a clown peering in through the window. If I was that kid, I'd start screaming bloody murder

CUBA LIBRE

An hour after the news that Fidel Castro is dead, Cuban Americans in Little Havana and other areas in the US burst into song and prayers in celebration. They are still marching in the streets joyful and optimistic, waving Cuban and American flags, many of them in exile in the US since Fidel Castro took over power in Cuba in a bloody coup that killed thousands of Cuban civilians.

Since 1959 the favorite New Year's toast in Cuban American households has been "Next year in Cuba". Perhaps this is the year.

CUBA LIBRE

An hour after the news that Fidel Castro is dead, Cuban Americans in Little Havana and other areas in the US burst into song and prayers in celebration. They are still marching in the streets joyful and optimistic, waving Cuban and American flags, many of them in exile in the US since Fidel Castro took over power in Cuba in a bloody coup that killed thousands of Cuban civilians.

Since 1959 the favorite New Year's toast in Cuban American households has been "Next year in Cuba". Perhaps this is the year.

How horrible of them.

Edited by fuzzbucket

How horrible of them. Fidel was a wonderful man. And Europeans in the States and Canada did much the same thing to get what they wanted.

Put your own news article in here, this isn't a commentary section, it's news not an opinion thread, and after the way you trash talked Donald Trump, President Elect of the United States, you are the one who should be ashamed.

Castro was so wonderful that Cubans came to the US on rafts and inflatable boats and risked death to get away from him. I guess you think Hitler was a wonderful man too.

If you want to act like a troll, do it somewhere else.

Knock it off, everyone is allowed an opinion. It is unnecessary to force your opinions on others or to resort to name calling.

And cheering over a death is not OK.

While I am personally not celebrating his death, I felt this huge cloak of relief being shed and had to smile when I heard of the death of Antonin Scalia and I know hundreds of people gathered to celebrate the death of Margaret Thatcher. When you're a large public figure, it's naturally going to gain attention when there's big happenings - and particularly the death will catch critics' eyes. So while it does seem distasteful, I do say that I support the right of people to have a public reaction to a public death of a public figure. In any case, people's reactions (at least with politics I am well versed in) give me a hint of who to avoid and who may be safer to approach.

~

What I'm most interested in hearing is from actual Cubans. I haven't lived in Cuba, so I really only understand the bare basics of Cuba's political history.

This wasn't what I was looking for, but it did seemingly give an overview of different reactions to Castro's death: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/26/us/polit...stro-death.html

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

My boss was celebrating at work today by playing Cuban rap and stuff. He's Cuban and says that he wishes that he was still in Miami last night. His sister drove down from Fort Lauderdale just to join in the celebrations. I certainly don't judge him or any other Cubans for celebrating this.

Anybody heard about the wildfire in Tennessee

I hadn't heard about it so I asked if anyone here had heard anything about it. It's been burning out of control for 3 days now and the fire has taken over 15,000 acres and there have been deaths. They are calling it the perfect storm because there are 90 mile an hour winds that are spreading it.

My prayers go out to everyone effected.

Thanks for posting that, I didn't know.

@kreepers_killer

Ohh i heard about that,

so sad almost everyone died.