Wookieinmashoo

Sweetling Colors

What Sweetling color do you have?  

351 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have pink but I like both. I was awake and here during the drama and was afraid I'd lose mine at the time.

I wasn't there when the CBs dropped, so I have Pink ones and I don't really mind. To be honest, I never really understood the uproar caused by the Alt Sweetlings.

I second Cinnamon. From a collector's point of view, every sprite that cannot be collected is a downfall, no matter which breed. Having said that, I prefer the Alt adults and the regular hatchlings.

I picked up my sweetlings in the first hourly drop, and "luckily" didn't have them auto-abandon. So I have plain pink ones. Which is okay, I guess. They kind of remind me of flamingoes.

I have one sweetling from last year, descended from a pink, so this year I'm aiming to get a 2G from an alt...as they're so pwetty and the alt x black combo is beautiful tongue.gif Going to be a fun hunt this year biggrin.gif

I have pink though, wasn't there, and as I can't get bright pink or frills either, I'm not too sad about it smile.gif

I have the pink ones and I love them xd.png

The black ones are also pretty, I like them too. But I still prefer the regulars smile.gif

I think both versions are pretty, but I prefer 2nd gens from Pink Sweetlings so I can continue the lineage. ^ ^

I love both versions. I have the Pink, since i caught mine a couple of hours later than the people who originally lost theirs but, I do love the Alts a little more, lol. Black is one of my favourite "colours". I would love to have them on my scroll *shrugs* Not going to worry about it though.

I have pink sweetlings and I like the pink ones, although I really like the alts too.

I was here all through the uproar over eggs vanishing from scrolls. I could understand why folks were upset, especially as the eggs took some serious effort to catch in the first place. However, I didn't understand why everyone who lost eggs was given basically an exclusive dragon, when just replacing the eggs would have made everyone happy. In the end I remember a lot of folks who didn't get the alt sweetlings who got upset.

To this day it niggles at me when I think about it, because it is yet another dragon that I cannot collect. Like Rally Vincent and Cinnamon said, this site is about collecting all the sprites and therefore having some that are literally impossible to get is down right frustrating. You literally cannot win the game.....ever.

Edited by Dubious

LOL, as I recall (since I was here), there was more drama about the replacements than the actual glitch.. because of the 'can't collect them all' position. Same thing happened with the snow angels.. drama, drama, drama.. because folk didn't get their favorite, couldn't trade them, etc. But had their been only one type, I doubt there would have been any drama at all.

As I see it, TJ caused the problem both times. First by giving out non-standard replacements, and second by introducing three types that were limited by scroll.

*just lost the game* -shot-

Anyway on topic >>

I caught mine in the first hourly drop and mine didn't auto abandon for some reason. I counted myself as lucky until heard about the replacements and actually saw the alts. At that point I was a bit crushed. I would have LOVED to have had an alt.

I have been single every single val day for the history of my life. I've NEVER had a Boyfriend on Val day and I'll be 27 this year on the 13th of February (and still no Boyfriend) Personally I HATE Valentines day with a passion. So the singles awareness one I would have liked 100x more then the one I got. Sadly I got the fluffy pink icky one. rolleyes.gif

Don't get me wrong I'm super glad I got a sprite at all but it did upset me for awhile that I didn't get the chance at a black one. I got over it in like a few weeks but I still would rather have had the black one.

I had to get up at a ridiculous time to catch my alts - only to find they had gone when I checked my scroll a few hours later!

I am very fond of my black alts. I'd still like to have a pink one as well though - so that cuts both ways. I can never have pink.

I caught mine in the first hourly drop and mine didn't auto abandon for some reason. I counted myself as lucky until heard about the replacements and actually saw the alts. At that point I was a bit crushed. I would have LOVED to have had an alt.

Me too. In fact as I didn't remember what codes I had I had had hopes that maybe mine were alts.

Here in Switzerland Valentine's Day is only important for business owners, trying to sell unneeded stuff that will be thrown out within a few days. Most people don't really see it as important, even are annoyed about another new thing adopted from the USA (like Halloween, all about making money here).

Why should there be a Valentine version for singles? To me the Alt Sweetling is and was just that, an Alternative Version, no special meaning (singles, emos, whatever) behind it.

I have the pink ones. New eggs are released at 5am here, so I was asleep in bed when it all happened. I love both colours, and really wish I could have one of each. smile.gif

It was good of TJ to replace lost eggs, but I never understood why he gave special alt versions as replacements. To my mind, either EVERYONE should have the same chance at getting an alt, or NO-ONE should have the chance. The exception to that, would be the spriter who actually drew it. smile.gif

I don't have Sweetlings yet, as I haven't been around long enough yet, but I will definitely be getting some! Sweetlings are my faves.

I love both the regular pinks and alts. I think they're both pretty. Kila and Nepherim's spriter alts are absolutely gorgeous, too. I just love all Sweetlings! wub.gif

I prefer the blacks, especially considering how I've always been single and that I hate Valentine's Day and wouldn't even do all that mushy gooey stuff even if I wasn't single.

Honestly, I don't know why those people couldn't have just been given the same thing as everyone else. Oh well. DC, placing a small number of players on a pedestal above everyone else since 2010!

Yep, somehow there always seem to be those privileged few that get the goodies.

But the Valentine Riot of '09 (I think it was) topped the little snit of '10 I think.

I prefer alts to regular ones, because they are better looking, and I really do not like pink color (and yes, mine are pink).

That said, the main reason why I hate the alts is because it's impossible to make a consistent lineage with it.

Some people have both, you don't have a choice for that.

I have the black ones, had to go recatch them when I went on the next day and noticed that they were gone.

I was surprised to see the alt form when they hatched to be honest, but I like those colorings on them.

I have alts. I clicked like mad to get my eggs, I didn't want to lose out like I did with the '09s that I could never catch (not for lack of trying!)... I was crushed when I went to look at my scroll one more time before bed to see my new eggs & discovered to my horror that they'd auto-abandoned...

So yes, I was very happy to hear they'd be replaced. I never imagined at first I'd get anything else other than a replacement set. All the hate & accusations of favoritism I saw after we saw the alts turned me off to announcing my new boys, since I didn't feel like becoming a target. I didn't expect to lose my eggs, & I certainly didn't expect to get anything different than anyone else. Getting alts did not make me superior to anyone else, it just made my sweetlings a little different.

I have the pink ones. I prefer that color to the alts, the little skull and crossbones on them didn't say Valentine's Day to me.

The normal pink is my least favorite coloration. I have normal pink. Boo.

That said, they all breed the same things. We can't control our snowangel colors, and we can't control our sweetling colors. I'm okay with this, as a sweetling/snowangel is still a sweetling/snowangel. I'd rather never be able to get a certain color than never be able to get one period.

EDIT: I never noticed the different butt marks before. Cool.

Edited by AlternateMew

I wasn't there for the "black sweetling drama", so I have a pink. I feel a little resentful that they can't breed out black sweetlings, even if it was only chance it bred alts. That is basically it, I dont care to much. tongue.gif

This, it's silly we can't get black alts while others can. Imagine the ocd with certain people.