Wookieinmashoo

Sweetling Colors

What Sweetling color do you have?  

351 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

When the sweetlings were released, the people who grabbed eggs in the first hourly drop had them auto-abandon despite having the limit of two. These eggs went to the AP where other people picked them up. As an apology, these players had their eggs replaced and they eventually hatched into the dark colored sweetling. Kila, one of the spriters said it was okay to have her favorite alternate color used. Her alt is brown and Nepherim's is pale with multicolored feathers.

A lot of people were upset about this , which is why I contemplated making a thread about them. The mods said a poll is fine, but an alt database on the forums is not. It's a shame, because I'm sure there are people who are wondering where some of the more "famous" alts come from. For now we can see how many active people have one

Other than that, how do you feel about the alt sweetlings existing?( Especially for the players that were not there during the release).

Some people were upset about their release, but I assume people are fine with the alts now

If you don't have a sweetling yet, are you wanting one from a pink parent or black? Do you have a preference?

These are just a couple of questions I was wondering, but feel free to discuss.

Sweetling colors:

user posted imageuser posted image

I wasn't there for the "black sweetling drama", so I have a pink. I feel a little resentful that they can't breed out black sweetlings, even if it was only chance it bred alts. That is basically it, I dont care to much. tongue.gif

Personally I like the black one better.

That said, I wasn't able to be online the day of their release. I have one CB, which was gifted to me by someone else, and a 2nd gen.

I like checkerboards, and at least with the pink when I breed my 2nd gen those who pick up the 3rd gen can have a checkerboard where all the sweetlings in the lineage match.

So I'm okay. But I do love the black one, I love how it's not all stereotypically cotton-candy-y.

I have Pink ones, because I joined right after sweetlings came out, and I had to wait a year to get them xd.png

I like the black just fine, but I'm glad I have my pinks since they fit with the other valentine dragons better.

Though the Black fits with my feelings about valentines day better laugh.gif

I really like the pink ones, which is the version I have.

I think both sprites are just wonderful though, as are the spriter alts!

When the sweetlings originally came out, I didn't even realize one of mine got autoed until I saw the uproar in the news thread the next morning (I went to bed right after catching) and saw that one of the eggs didn't match the codes I had written down in my spreadsheet. So yes, I have the alts, which I don't mind at all, especially once I found out they were meant to represent the singles that feel left out on Valentines day.

Doubt mine are famous in any way though, as I don't breed often in general.

Edited by Slaskia

Wasn't here when that happened... I want a black Sweetling so much though, but alas, I can't rolleyes.gif

The pink one reminds me of an axolotl, though, which is awesome

I somehow missed out on the glitch, despite falling into the time period that it happened, so yeah I have the pink. I really prefer the black though.

I have two beautiful CB black alt Sweetlings. I think the drama is silly, but I think a lot of things that cause drama on DC are silly too. So meh. I think all the Sweetling colors are equally beautiful. Well, except Nef's. Hers is slightly more beautiful than the rest because of the rainbow-y feathers. I love rainbows.

My boys have contributed eggs to several red/black breeding projects too. happy.gif

Edited by ThatDeadGirl

I have pinks, which I prefer.

Truthfully tho, I think the blacks should never have been allowed. It's just one more thing that I can't collect.. like the two other snow angels and spriters ALTs. Maybe it's sour grapes on my part, but I still think that it's unfair.. because I can NEVER have a complete collection of sprites.

I prefer the blacks, especially considering how I've always been single and that I hate Valentine's Day and wouldn't even do all that mushy gooey stuff even if I wasn't single.

Honestly, I don't know why those people couldn't have just been given the same thing as everyone else. Oh well. DC, placing a small number of players on a pedestal above everyone else since 2010!

I wasn't able to make the midnight drop so I have pink, though I prefer the Black coloring (because I'm black and red kinda girl). I am so jealous of those who got them, but I don't see why people thought the users apart of the glitch shouldn't have received them. It was a nice gesture to those users and they deserved something nice. It may be unfair but I wouldn't want to deny those users TJ apology gesture.

I admit I feel a little jealous. Black and red is my favorite color combination and these alts look gorgeous.

Not to mention I've never been too fond of pink myself, which kind of adds to me liking the alt better. tongue.gif

But I'm fine with it. It wasn't much different to the three wing variations in snow angels. When something limited is released, with absolutely no chance of ever getting one of them, people are going to fall into drama. It's kind of logical, as this is a collecting game.

I never even noticed that my eggs got abandoned and I got new ones later. I only found out when the Sweetlings hatched. But I have always been very happy with getting the special ones. I love how they look with many other dragons for breeding projects. And I doubt I would be as far with my collection if I hadn't been able to trade 2nd Gens from them to other people. But they have been rather stingy breeders recently...

These are my favourite pairings with them:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/hW1cF

http://dragcave.net/lineage/FWbP

http://dragcave.net/lineage/W0dTH

http://dragcave.net/lineage/e5iB

http://dragcave.net/lineage/cLKoP

http://dragcave.net/lineage/BjeiW (not too sure about the pink there...)

http://dragcave.net/lineage/cP3F (was somebody else's choice but looks great!)

http://dragcave.net/lineage/EaQ8h

The only thing that I do not like that much, is that pink and alt Sweetlings don't look that good together in lineages...

I have 2nd gen pinks, not being active when they were released, but wish there was a way to get the blacks. They are stunning, as is Kila's little cinnamon coloring. While there are some beautiful things done with Pinks in lineages, and I do have a Pink-Purple lineage going, it is still my least favorite color. I am not a fan of most pastels, except some pale yellows.

I have a CB pink that was one of the ones that didn't autoabandon. The alt ones are lovely too. To me, all that hoopla, jealousy, and complaining was silly nonsense.

I have Alt Sweets. I adore them. Black and Red is one of my favorite color combos so when I saw them, I was overwhelmed with joy.

And although I do love them, and appreciate the gesture, I don't think they were really necessary. I would have been OK with Pink Sweets if that is what everyone got.

And it wouldn't have been too hard to just grab another egg. XP

The only thing that I do not like that much, is that pink and alt Sweetlings don't look that good together in lineages...

I think they look good in certain lineages together. Like This gal, who will have a matching Shadow Walker mate eventually.

One of my favorite lineages with Alt Sweets is This pretty. <3

I was only able to get one in the late morning, it was a pink one. Which, honestly, was fine, I like the pink ones better (there was a pink/red color combo that Kila had in her sig, which was gorgeous, but it wasn't released). My friend got a black alt, and she's not on too often, so she's never really been bugged about it. AFAIK there were only two people who ever asked for a baby, me and someone else.

I didn't catch a sweetling in the cave that year at all, my luck was foul. I was here for the drama though.

I don't really mind one way or the other about sweetling alts. I like both types, and I do think that the people who lost their eggs deserved something nice. I know I'd be horrified if my eggs suddenly auto abandoned for no reason.

An apology to someone else, or a reward for hard work in the case of sprites alts, isn't an affront to me personally so I'd rather avoid the drama entirely.

I have pinks ones, but I really love those black ones. @.@ The alts go so well with so many other breeds.

Oh, I forgot to add, I got up at 4 am my time, to catch Valentine's eggs for myself and several other people that morning, then was gone all day for a dog agility competition. And who knows, I might not have been on in the evening and never noticed that the eggs were gone, so still very happy that TJ put eggs back on the scroll. It would not have mattered if all of them had been pink. Nobody would have known about the different designs. But I really do love my Alts.

From the moment I joined DC, I wanted at least one of every dragon. Then months later, I found out it was impossible. I was so bummed and I still am now. I love both Sweetlings, though my favorite alt is that... well, not Kila's alt but the other spriter's alt. I call it a sugar Sweetling.

I wish I could've been there to get an alt Sweetling >.< Though http://dragcave.net/lineage/PZaFv is the closest to an alt Sweetling I have.

Edit: pretty much what Cinnamon said, excluding Spriter's alts- spriters deserve special alts for the hard work they did. People who got alt Sweetlings just lost Sweetlings.

Edited by Ultra