dragongrrl

Gorgeous Shimmerkin...

Drat! I procrastinated on checking out this thread so I missed Amazon's list. *grumbles to self about how stupid self is* Oh well, I'll be watching for more opportunities! wink.gif

Drat! I procrastinated on checking out this thread so I missed Amazon's list. *grumbles to self about how stupid self is* Oh well, I'll be watching for more opportunities! wink.gif

Same here. I shall be stalking this thread from now on.

I've only seen a few shimmerkin so far, and even though they are not shimmmerscales, they look wonderful. I LOVE how the royal blue looks with bronze prizes. <3

On a side note, I have three people to get shimmerkin from Logic before I start giving them out on here. Most likely, I'll just randomly drop them on the thread~ Keep a look out~

On the bright side, I have a beautiful shimmerkin of my own now <3

Heh, get the feeling this thread is going to get stalked nearly as much as the thuwed thread. biggrin.gif

Don't fret about the time zone, I'm on DC time and still missed out because I have a stupid schedule at work, lol.

Heh, get the feeling this thread is going to get stalked nearly as much as the thuwed thread. biggrin.gif

Don't fret about the time zone, I'm on DC time and still missed out because I have a stupid schedule at work, lol.

Funny thing is for me I have been on dc all day for the 30 min it took me to drive to school for something was the time when the list was posted. biggrin.gif and I'm on dc time as well biggrin.gif

I`m too late. But I`m on another list for 2nd gen Shimmerkin. biggrin.gif

Congrats to all on the list. smile.gif

Aww, missed out amazon's list as well - will definitely be stalking the thread, I'd love to create a huge Shimmer based even-gen lineage like I'm doing with my Tinsel based project. smile.gif

cant wait to get my hands on some Shimmerkin! biggrin.gif

I shall get moar than you, Grox! xP

Never! I shall beat you in collecting them Eri! =P

Although, I'm never going to be lucky enough to get on Amazon's list. It filled up too quickly that time o.o

Lord I wish I had a shimmerkin... *bats eyelashes hopefully*

Lord I wish I had a shimmerkin... *bats eyelashes hopefully*

Waiting is all we can do, it sound so lovely biggrin.gif

I'm excited, I have a lumina shimmerkin. biggrin.gif

I'm hoping I can get a 2nd one of similar lineage, and use them to breed a mate for this lovely.

In the meantime, though, I hope he genders as influenced so I can breed him with my 2nd gen tinselkin.

(Posted this response in the general shimmer discussion thread but it seems more appropriate for breeding, so I'm moving myself over here.)

Congrats, SolarCat! You and I had a similar idea; I would love to have shimmers in the lineage of his mate. Even if I don't succeed, at least I know I'll be able to enjoy his cousin's lineage and progeny from your scroll. biggrin.gif

So far, from what I've seen bred and suggested, the combinations I'm enjoying the most are lumina with everything (and I can't wait to see one with Jewel!), then also silver shimmers with moonstone and trihorn as well as bronze with gwyvern and tan ridgewing. Mostly it's fun seeing what people come up with!

I shall be lurking here, too, hoping for a chance at a lovely little shimmerkin. I don't even really care what generation it is. I know it will be a long time before I have a real Shimmer of my own, so I am hoping one of these will be easier. unsure.gif

I shall be lurking here, too, hoping for a chance at a lovely little shimmerkin. I don't even really care what generation it is. I know it will be a long time before I have a real Shimmer of my own, so I am hoping one of these will be easier.  unsure.gif

Well, if you don't care about the generation and you like even-gens, this thread and #dragonlotto might not be a bad place to hang out in a week or so. I'm not saying anything; I'm just sayin'. wink.gif

@SnowSherry -- I think "Jewelkin" is the term Mysfytt is using to describe offspring of her spriter's alt... even if that's not the case, it might be less confusing not to use a term that refers to a specific dragon who, in most cases, won't be in the lineage. (It *is* a really pretty term, though!)

Edited by miaou

I hope this isn't a stupid question but what qualifies as a shimmerkin? That is, does one of the parents have to be a shimmerscale or does there just need to be a shimmerscale somewhere in the lineage? (Asking because I have a project I'd like to share, but the shimmerscales are grandparents rather than parents.)

I hope this isn't a stupid question but what qualifies as a shimmerkin? That is, does one of the parents have to be a shimmerscale or does there just need to be a shimmerscale somewhere in the lineage? (Asking because I have a project I'd like to share, but the shimmerscales are grandparents rather than parents.)

Hmm, I myself would still qualify something as a shimmerkin if it had a shimmer somewhere in it's lineage, really.

It's sort of like; is this a tinselkin? I always call it one. ^^

Hmm, I myself would still qualify something as a shimmerkin if it had a shimmer somewhere in it's lineage, really.

It's sort of like; is this a tinselkin? I always call it one. ^^

That's a beautiful little Tinselkin in my book!

If an egg has Shimmers in their ancestry, they are Shimmerkin, just like a 27th gen Thuwed is still a Thuwed.

The Shimmerkins in this thread are beautiful. I can't wait until I click the lineage of an egg I catch in the AP and see it has a Shimmer dragon in its heritage. wub.gif

If an egg has Shimmers in their ancestry, they are Shimmerkin, just like a 27th gen Thuwed is still a Thuwed.

All right then! This is the project I've started, thanks to two super nice CB shimmerscale owners:

user posted image

I'm at least a couple of weeks away from completing this because two of the 2Gs are still growing and I lotto'd off the first 3EG from the lower pair. I realize it may not be in demand because it'll be even-gen and mid-gen but if there's interest here, I would love to alternate between giving these to friends on a private list and dropping one-way teleports here.

I also have this precious baby, thanks to an incredibly kind CB owner and her awesome friend (who had first dibs on it but let me have it instead). I'm not sure what to do with "him" yet, but am leaning towards this or this. I'm not fully committed to either one and am very open to suggestions! And again, because of the spirit of generosity in which I received this, I would like to alternate between private gifts and teleports here.

I like the silver, it brings out the silver mane (?) of the shimmer dragon.