dragongrrl

Gorgeous Shimmerkin...

Since I started the Gorgeous Tinselkins thread, I realized we need the same kind of thread for the non-Prize descendants of the new Prize Dragons. While it is still about 3 days before we will start seeing any of the 2nd gen eggs, there will shortly be offspring that are the breed of the other parent. Like the Tinselkin, there will be many beautiful lineages, even if they are not the new Prize Dragons. They are not failures, and deserve a positive name from the start to reflect their Prize breed heritage and a place for showing off and gifting these gorgeously lineaged Prize family relatives.

As soon as the Prize Dragons have matured so we have their official name, (or even now with the shiny new hatchlings wink.gif) let's share and discuss ideas on names for their pretty relatives. Once we have ten or twelve suggestions, I'll set up a poll for naming options, and we'll find a good name for these beautiful new babies! <3

ETA: It seems we have almost all fallen into the habit of calling them Shimmerkin, so I have changed the thread title to reflect this, although I do think Jewelkin was a very nice thought too! <3 So, here they are ~

~~~ The Gorgeous Shimmerkin ~~~

Enjoy, share your pretties as you find or breed them, and, please, have fun!

Thank you, too, to the breeders who are making their contributions here!

Same as the Tinselkin thread, this is a Breeding and Gifting thread, with NO trades. All regular forum rules apply. Also, please remember, if you want to share your pretties here, use lineage links, ONLY!

Pre-approved by _Z_

Edited by dragongrrl

They seem to have something to do with water. So maybe a water like name? And then there is Logic, who is now a hero to all dragons. He has proved you can get over 140K views before your an adult.

I dont know. O.O

~

I hope to get some nice kin of the new Prizes! I'm going to be trying for a collection of 2nd gen Prize-kin (or whatever we're calling them xd.png), just like I have with tinsels. happy.gif

I hope we can find a better name for their kin than Prize-fails, once we know the official name xd.png.

Thank you for starting this topic, dragongrrl!

Like the rest of you, I'm looking forward to trying for commons descended from the new prize dragons, although I'm prepared to wait a long, long time--at least I'll be able to see them on other people's scrolls (and hope some lucky recipients will post here so we can enjoy their lineages).

I'm also really interested to see what CB owners will be breeding their prizes with! I've heard a couple of owners mention blusangs with the silvers, which I'm pretty excited to see. I might take this back when I see the adult forms, but I'd also love to see someone breed with luminas.

Edited by miaou

I think we ought to wait to see if they get their own name as adults, then we can use that with -fail, or -kin.

As far as combos, like I said on the other thread, everyone is going for the usual combos of blacks, stripes, bluesangs, etc. Those lines will eventually be so common.

I gotta wait and see what the gold adult will look like as an adult, then for my 2nd gen, I'm gonna ask Ashura09 for a not too commonly used mate, that will still look beautiful color wise, for a more rare line.

Someone suggested the name of Seajewles. For them, so maybe (if the original name is to long to at a -kin or -fail) this would be a good starting point?

Someone suggested the name of Seajewles. For them, so maybe (if the original name is to long to at a -kin or -fail) this would be a good starting point?

Riverwillows is probably right about waiting to see if they have their own name when they're adults, but "jewelkin" is pretty (although maybe that sounds too specific to the spriter's alt?). I thought they were water-related from the description, but someone said the water affinity and fish scales are just a trait of Eastern dragons. So "sea" might not apply and now I don't know what to think...

@ulki, have you thought about what you're going to breed your girl with? Or are you letting recipients have their choice of mate? (Of course it's fine if you'd rather not say!)

Edited by miaou

I think they might be called Jewels, as the spriter's one has the code Jewel. So to me Jewelkin would be a nice nickname.

Oh gist that's so pretty. >< I love those colors together! Can't wait to see more, er, something-kins, but I also hope you guys get to breed some lovely shimmer-scale offspring soon too.

Not too fussed about what they get called, as long as I can manage to get some on my scroll. tongue.gif

I'm sure that Mysfytt will tell us what she'd like for them to be called soon. :3

Tawanda check your PM.

I would like some shimmerkin too at some point :3 Especially since I have one 2nd gen Tinselkin that I would love to have an epic mate for xd.png!

ROFL so excited to see them lol. Like everyone I guess. And yes I agree I just hope I can get my hands on one - gen or fail either at this point smile.gif Grats to the lucky winners.

Gist which one did you get? It's fogged - probly for it's own good smile.gif

Edited by TempestSea

You can't seem to find the dragon you're looking for.

This always happens to me when I wanna see! XD

I don't really mind what they're called. :D

I've already seen in several threads the name 'Shimmer-kin". I guess that's what they will be called pretty much. It's a nice name.

Shimmerkin sounds good to me, but I do like 'Scalefail' as proposed by Sock xd.png

Looking forward to stealing people's Shimmerkins collecting my own Shimmerkins and seeing how wonderful they look in different lineages. :3

Looking forward to stealing people's Shimmerkins collecting my own Shimmerkins and seeing how wonderful they look in different lineages. :3

ROFL - nice recovery there - me too...

I think Shimmer-kin is a great name. A pretty name for pretty dragons ^^ I'd love to get one, so I can use the name a lot!

I like the name Shimmerkin. It rolls off the tongue just like Tinselkin.

I think that that is why i liked the name Tinselkin so much. I just love how it sounds!

I too like name Shimmerkin. smile.gif

My dream is to have 2nd gen. I think with Skywing ( or Magma laugh.gif ), but anothers lineages can look too good. smile.gif

Another vote for the term "shimmerkin" here!

I think all the 2G offspring, whether shimmers or shimmerkin, are fogged at the moment (good call by those who have them) but I can't wait to see what combinations the CB owners have chosen so far. In my first post in the thread I said I might take back my wish to see bronze x lumina when we saw the adult form but, after seeing a screenshot in the "prize eggs have been awarded" thread, my wish is even stronger now!

Looking forward to seeing what else they breed with. Other than the bronze x lumina, I've only seen a few so far--hellfire (m) x silver shimmer, silver shimmer (m) x moonstone, and bronze shimmer (m) x royal blue--all of which are lovely.

Edited by miaou