chicbecause

Suicide Mission

Igraine finished her preparations and headed for the first team's meeting spot. Hopefully she'd have time to study her two recruits' files before the transport left the base.

And of course there was seeing who else was on the team. Codenames only said so much about the person behind the operative.

Mel sat herself down in the room and put her sword in its sheath. She pulled a rubber band from her pocket and loosely tied her hair in a ponytail. It was very messy and out of place, but she only needed it to keep her hair out of her face. She heard footsteps coming. She looked to her side to see a girl with blue hair. She confirmed her name as Synth. Mel nodded her head before speaking. "Yes, I’m Caramel." She spoke with a friendly and quiet voice. Mel wasn't shy, but she preferred to keep her voice down low. Just in case for some weird, random reason someone would be ease dropping. "It's nice to meet you, Synth. I'm guessing we are early?" She finished her sentence ending in a question.

Moka stood outside the meeting place, scythe over her shoulders and behind her head. Looking in, she could see that a few people had arrived. Shrugging her shoulders as if to say Why not?, she walked in. She found a ledge in a corner where she could comfortably sit, looking down upon the other recruits. She swung her feet absentmindedly, fiddling with a throwing knife.

Err moved from her spot previously, and shifted to where she had been told to wait. Wherein she napped. The woman was crazy, without breakfast she could run, but secretly she ate apples on missions between bloody moments of course. No need to ruin a perfectly good apple that way.

[Need to figure out what Err's ability should be... ]

Belladona looked up as a lady walked to the meeting place. Must be part of her team. "Hi there. Seems like we're stuck together, huh?" She said, not unkindly. "I'm Mercury Lampe. You?"

Moka looked down from her ledge, where a small conversation was going on. She pulled out some hi-chew and began munching on that too. Her ponytails hung over the edge as she looked down. She gave a small high-pitched noise, to give away that she was here also.

"Hi. Yep, I'm Crescent." Igraine introduced herself, considering the other had only used a codename introduction. A high pitched noise from a corner indicated they weren't the only people present.

"It looks, or more properly, sounds like another is already here." Igraine glanced over towards Moka's perch. "So Necromancer or Raven?" She asked the corner, at a guess Frost wouldn't make a sound at that pitch.

((Lucky its relatively quiet.... otherwise that high pitch may have triggered one of Igraine's 'moments'. Epileptic fits aren't pleasant to watch/experiance...))

Belladona looked at Moka. "Is that Hi-Chew? Can I have some?" ((Oh my god I love Hi-Chew so much.)) Then, remembering her manners, she said, "Oh, and I'm Mercury Lampe, by the way."

Nick yawned as he suddenly got upright, remembering that he had a mission to do and a team to direct left and right. He stood from his bed and opened the closet, checking through his clothing. He looked around for a good amount of time, finally getting a black pair of jeans, a white shirt with a black sweater over and his trusty white scarf. He put everything on, making sure that the scarf hung from his neck, and walked out into the corridor with the files. Locking the door, Nick then approached the base entrance, noticing almost everybody from the team there. "Good afternoon, Mercury Lampe, Necromancer and Crescent. I'm Frost, but please just call me Nick." He spoke, turning to look at Necromancer. "You could come down from there, you know - I can't make mission files fly."

"Yeah, but I figure it's best to get to know my teammates as quickly as possible. If we can trust each other, the mission will be much more efficient," Mia answered Caramel's question. She never was really a completely trusting person until she knew exactly how people reacted in stressful situations, but she decided that this whole place was a stressful situation. The fact that she hadn't gone completely insane and killed everyone here was a comment on her trustworthiness in itself. Mia didn't really think of herself as trustworthy or anything they needed her to be as a leader, but she had to pretend. It was a good thing she was a good liar.

Frank walked the rest of the way into the room and smiled nervously. "I, uh, I didn't miss anything important, did I?" Of course, he had been eavesdropping and knew the answer to the question already. They didn't need to know that, though. He almost ate the paper on his muffin before he realized that the crumbly muffin had fallen out of it as he ran down the hall. Poor muffin...

((A moment of silence for Booker's lost muffin...))

(......................................... He was such a good muffin. I'm sure he went to muffin heaven........ What would muffin heaven look like???)

Seraphim stood in the training room, waiting for the program to start. Oh wait! It had already started! She was swept off her feet by a large iron ball that swung from the ceiling. Managing to slip off of it before it smashed her between the wall, she took to the air. The air was no better, gun turrets emerged from the ground and started shooting. She dodged most of the beams expertly, but one hit her ankle. She fell to the ground, giving a few weak flaps as she fell to soften her fall. Choosing to take a more stealthy approach, she grabbed onto the bottom of the swinging ball as it flew past to smash her. Jumping off as she neared the wall, she threw a ka blade at a camera. Then swooped down and destroyed the blind gun turrets.

Round 1, clear.

However there were 9 more rounds waiting....

Raven had been snoring in the corner. She disliked the high pitched noise, but refused to open her eyes and acknowledge it. "Some of us are still sleepin' you know. Ugh..." Err stretched out, catlike in her motions and she yawned. "And you can throw those stupid assignments you know. So, what would you invite me along for? Killing or scaring the crap out of potential recruits? I'd like to know which one so I can act accordingly..." Err gave a small smirk, the corner of her mouth twitching upward for a moment. "Commander."

((.................. Mister Muffin will be remembered fondly, due to the fact that you have all made my day... xd.png))

Hopping down from the ledge, Moka smiled and stepped into the light. "I'm Necromancer. And sure, you can have some..." Pausing a moment, she looked around, bright turquoise eyes adjusting to the light. Insomnia did not help in these situations. Flipping her ponytails out of her face, she held out the bag, offering it towards Mercury. "Hi, Cresent. And Raven. And Mercury."

((..............................he was a good muffin. We shall forever mourn our loss.)) Mercury Lampe took a few pieces and nodded her thanks. "So are you gonna give us those mission files or what?"

Moka smiled. "So, what is our mission exactly?" Pivoting on one foot, she turned to Frost and looked into his eyes for a few seconds, then blinked and looked away. "You wanna see something cool?" She fixed her skirt, and stuck some more Hi-Chew in her mouth.

"Hi Necromancer." Crescent replied as Frost walked up to the group with the mission files, and told people to use Nick rather than Frost. She had an idea of what the mission would entail - but the exact details would depend on the people they needed to recruit.

Igraine looked at Raven, "I'm sure your intimidation techniques will prove useful in convincing a few of the more reluctant ones."

(Sorry I am late responding. I got grounded from the computer for a week. My mom decided to let me back on a week early though since we worked it out. [hahaha.] I tend to be getting very angry and compulsive lately, so there is a chance I may get in trouble again not too far down the road. So if I go two-three days without responding, feel free to kick me out. And, I will always remember Mr. Muffin. I'm sure he is in a place now we no one can eat him.)

"Yeah, I suppose that isn’t a bad idea. Getting to know your teammates I mean. To be honest we have no clue what could happen and if one or the other will decide to stab each other in the back!" Mel smiled. She meant it as a joke but she realized she sounded like she was planning to actually stab people in the back. Her smile didn’t help the cause either."N-not that in will!" She retorted.

'That should fix it, right?' She thought.

No, Mel. You just made it worse.

She wasn’t good socially. She liked people, and liked being around them. She just didn’t know how exactly. It was a challenge I guess you could say. "You wouldn’t happen to know where the others are, would you."

Nick watched as Raven made a smart comment. He grabbed her files and slid them toward her with a single throw, her comlink staying on top of the files and not falling. "Here, Raven. Since you cannot be inclined to get up and walk over." He spoke to her, then turned to the other members of the team. "So, all five of us will be nearby, in distances of around 10 kilometers, so if anyone requires assistance, just call for someone from the comlink." He spoke, handing out the remaining files to the others along with the individual comlinks. Finally, after finishing, Nick turned toward Necromancer. "Shoot, Necromancer. Might as well get our dose of amusement before we head out." Edited by SkullKrusher

Igraine took her two files and comlink. The comlink she attached to her jacket, where it could be concealed behind the left collar flap. Then she waited to see what Necromancer considered cool.

The files could be studied on route out of the base.

((Any idea on who gets which recruit? Or is it random?))

Mercury took her comlink and file and said to Moka, "Might as well. Show us whatcha got!"

(( Well, I guess we should still make up the recruits for each person. Chic, could you make up something like character sheets for the recruits so the others know what they are facing? ))

"If I run into trouble... well... self-defense usually works." Raven smiled and put her comm in first, trying to appear amicable. Why should they watch that stupid girl though, it probably was really really boring. Raven decided that she should at least watch. Maybe she would get a good laugh out of it.

(Some people were wanting to make more characters, so I made a recruitment mission to allow them to. If they changed their minds, then I will make the char sheets and they will be NPC)