chicbecause

Suicide Mission

((All operatives had a breifing at 0500, the mission is recruitment: Frost is leader, Synth is 2IC. There are 2 teams - 1 led by Frost the other by Synth. We haven't actually done anything yet though.))

Mel looked up as her codename was spoken. Okay, she knew what team she was on at least. She started to look over the members of her team, trying to determine who would probably need the most healing. She wasn't really that great with guessing- but she liked having the illusion she was fully prepared. It just made her feel a little more confident is all. She tried to think if she could keep an eye on her teammates while melee fighting. 'No Mel, stop over-thinking.’ She told herself. Everyone will be fine on their own. You don't need to be such a worrier. If anyone would need help it's you. You worry about everything! Man up!' She mentally debated over this for a while. Even making hand signals to herself much like how some people do when talking on the phone. She didn’t realize she was doing it but she was. It took her a while to catch onto her weird hand signals. To anyone else it would look like she was trying to fling something off her hand like a small bug or a piece of tape. She stopped immediately when she realized this, and forced herself to just turn off her brain before it exploded. She realized she had spaced out and missed half of the briefing now too.

'Note to self, thinking is bad.'

Moka glanced up as Frost was naming teams. Okay, so she was on Frost's first team. Tossing her hair out of her face, she waited for the dismissal. Looking around, she wondered who the people on her team were. Messing with her tie, she shifted in her seat, almost tipping it over. Necromancing should be helpful. Too bad she couldn't bring back her little brother and sister, though. It was all her fault, and nothing could be done about it.

Mia looked up when Frost announced that she, Synth, would be leading the second team and promptly layed her head on the table. The mission was going to be a total disaster, now. She looked around at her team. Caramel was doing weird things with her hands, which she abruptly stopped soon after Mia looked, Art was just sitting there, Booker seemed to be trembling in his seat, and Scrambled wasn't even in the room. Perfect, she'd been picked to be the leader of a team of freaks.

Frank couldn't help himself from feeling extremely strange and/or happy. He wasn't quite sure how he felt, he only knew he was shaking visibly in his seat. Why would he do that? He tried to stop himself, but found that he simply couldn't and raised his right hand. "Um, may I be excused now, sir? I have to, er, attend to something."

Mia rolled her eyes. He was shaking because he had to pee? That would be fun to run into during a suicide.

Moka glanced over at the girl who had laid her head down on the table. That must be Synth. Poor girl. A boy, shaking, raised his hand and asked to be excused. Doesn't he know they were dismissed? Even Moka knew that! Glaring at the boy, she hoped that he would get the message to be sen and not heard till the meeting was over.

Frank noticed the glare from the girl and countered it by sending a small splash of hot water at her using his ka. It was only hot enough to cause minor burns and he didn't aim for crucial parts. Did she really think he was so naïve to think they didn't need to be dismissed before they left? Of course he knew that! He just didn't wanna be stared at as he shook in his seat. There was no way anyone else wouldn't notice that he was shaking like an excited chihuahua.

Raven had jerked awake at her codename. "Ugh! Getting recruits is boring... do we have to? I'm pretty sure that bringing along a crazy woman won't help your effort much.... Frost was it?" Her eyes were watching a different fly. "Because as the raven says..." She flicked the most crazy, demented look she could manage at Frost. "Nevermore..." With that she drew a knife from her belt and hit a fly in the wing with it.

The boy splashed hot water on Moka. Shocked, she blinked and looked at her sweater vest. The water had gotten all over it. He's going to get it now. As soon as she was dismissed. Messing with a necromancer is a dangerous thing, especially Moka, who could control Vexes. She gave him a smirk, and a satisfactory glare.

((Well I guess after killing yourself a few times you wouldn't be exactly normal....))

Igraine kept herself still and focused on a spot on the distant wall, to try and help ignore Booker's shaking. After all staring at someone wasn't going to help them control it.

Discipline, Igraine, is the key to success.... At least that was the lesson her father drilled into both her and her brother, although it seemed to have stuck with her more than it did her brother. Practicing that discipline was the only thing that stopped her guilt from preventing her completing the mission of killing her alternate selves.

The optical focus didn't mean she didn't notice Booker's use of Ka at one of the others that was staring, but she couldn't do anything without drawing any more attention. Her Ka was shaped towards increasing Speed and Acuity rather than blocking/attacking powers.

((In other words, Crescent is the one that just casts buffs.))

Mel watched as Moka was splashed in the face by water. She sighed. These two seemed to be stepping on each other already. She raised her hand and quickly healed the small burns on Moka. Next thing she knew was Raven had thrown a knife in the air. Mel didn't see the fly, so the gesture seemed pointless. 'At least I’m not the only nutcase here.' she thought.

Yes you are, Mel.

She slid to the ground and sat there not quite sure if she was supposed to do something right this second. She guessed she would just wait for anyone on her team to make a move.

[Waiting on a reply from Frost, but Err has always been crazy, despite killing herself only once. I should figure out what her powers will be, but her role model growing up was the Joker.

Not namby pamby Joker from a kid's show. I'm talking Dark Knight/Arkham Asylum/Arkham City Joker.]

(I like the idea of her role model being the Joker. No clue why. O-o I know she is a little crazy. biggrin.gif Anyways, I just said that she was the only one to kind of show she is a little bit unaware of how she acts, and that she doesn’t know anyone very well quite yet. Just wanted to say that to clear any confusion. smile.gif )

Moka blinked as all the burns were healed. Silently, she thanked the person who had done it. A knife flew across the room. She followed the knife with her eyes, trying to detect why the knife was thrown. A fly. Obviously. Grabbing her bag, she rummaged through it, looking for her cookie. She skipped breakfast, so she was hungry. Then she remembered- she ate the cookie last night. Guess she would have to settle for pocky. Grabbing a stick, she stuck it into her mouth, savoring the chocolate.

Mercury Lampe sighed. So these were the people she was stuck with? She'd probably get in a fight or, most likely, get ignored completely by them. Not that she cared. She played by her own rules, and twisted the others around.

(( I'm more active GMT+2 afternoon, guys, just saying. Otherwise I have school and sleep. :/ ))

Nick analyzed the mission report after taking it, looking around at the files as well. He looked around at the others around him, noticing Booker. "Get going, since all of you have 30 minutes to prepare." He told Booker, then watched as someonee threw a knife and caught a fly. "Nice," He finished and rose from his seat, splitting ten of the files along with the personnel files. He took ten of the files along with the files of team two, then slid them toward Synth. "These are yours, miss second-in-charge. Two recruits per person. Use their files to get each one to know the other and 30 minutes later, meet with yoru team at the base entrance." Nick spoke, taking the files he had to use and walking out. He entered his room, attaching the comlink and then starting to check every file as to know who is who and what they should do.

Belladona sighed but walked out, going back to her room to change. She always wore the same dress for a mission. It had a space in the back for her wings, and she felt more comfortable wearing it than normal shirts and jeans. She flicked her wrist at her dresser, and a blue flame popped up. She nodded. Good. With a wave of her hand, the flame went away, and she sat down on her bed, waiting. ((The dress is the one in the picture in my form.))

Edited by Techno_Elf

"There will be transportation provided in the south garage in 1 hour. It will leave with or without you so don't be late." He informed them. "Anyone who wasn't called out for this mission, I want to see a full run through of level 6 in the training room. Dismissed." He added.

Seraphim sighed, she hadn't been picked for the mission. Its not like she liked going on missions, she just hated being bored. Her mood didn't improve when the boss ordered a run through if level 6. No one had beaten level 6..... no one.

(@Moka P.S. I don't think you can be a necromancer. Ka doesn't extend to the spiritual realm, it has to stay in the physical.)

Edited by chicbecause

((There are ways for Ka to hurt... it would just need to be a little more powerful to actually kill with a thought though. Like Fire/heat-based Ka could be used to boil the liquids inside a person.....))

Igraine walked out after the boss's dismissal, she headed to her room to change. Recruitment such as this was often best performed in 'civvies' rather than uniform. Some people did seem to clam up and get too nervous around military personnel to really say anything coherant. Perhaps she could convince those she was assigned to recruit of the scientific value of the project.

She snorted as she thought that - scientific value? Sure it could be used as a study of the alternate universes/dimensions, but the primary purpose was to harvest Ka to defend against the approaching danger.

(( How well known is the danger to the planet? I.e do normal citizens know that a hostile strange race is coming/ or is that knowledge restricted by security clearance?))

Mia lifted her head as Frost told her what to do. She had to talk to them?! Even worse! From just looking at his file, she could tell Scrambled was a seriously messed up person. He had terrible hand-eye-coordination but still drank. She probably wouldn't have to worry about him, though, since they weren't sure if he'd even show up. Mia was a little surprised after looking at Booker's file. Supposedly, he was a fairly together guy and his weapon of choice was a bow and arrows. One couldn't shake like that and aim a rifle, much less a bow. Weird. Caramel's file she seemed to even be remotely able to see being plausible.

Booker nodded and left for the bathroom, where he splashed his face with cold water several times. "Da**** was that, Booker?" He said into the mirror. He dried the excess water off his face and made his way to his room to relax a bit. Normally, he didn't act like that. Why would that happen?

Mel decided to run to her room and pick up anything she needed. She stood up and started walking at a fast pace to her room. She opened her small closet and pulled out her sword. The handle was two- maybe three different strips of metal that had been twisted together smoothly, and painted dark blue. It has light blue accents along the top. The hilt was a silvery color. But had a couple places where the hilt chipped and cracked.

The blade itself was pure silver that gleamed. Mel held it in her hands. She was proud she owned such a great sword. She only wished she could have engraved something along the blade. She stopped staring at the sword and decided to get back to the room and awaited orders from their team's leader.

Belladona sat up. She'd fallen asleep by accident. Glancing at the clock, she realized that she had ten minutes to get to the base entrance. She opened the window and jumped out, spreading her wings at the last second and speeding away. She was the first to get there. "Huh," she mumbled to herself. "So much for being late."

((Oh mkay. Then I choose..... shadows and darkness? Is that okay?))

Moka slipped out of her seat, picking up her scythe and bag. Silently, she walked to her room, noticing others running from their room to another. She opened the door and slipped inside, not bothering to turn the light on. Standing in front of her mirror, she adjusted her ponytails and her tie. "Well, let's see. Snacks? Check. Weapons? Check. Looks? Check. What am I forgetting?" she asked herself. "Ah! Sketchpad!" Grabbing her sketchpad and a few pencils, she crammed them into her bag and set off towards the meeting place.

Mia had fallen asleep looking over the files of her teammates, and woke up when she had ten minutes to get to where she needed to be. Lovely. She put all the papers back into their files and gathered them up in her arms then went to the meeting place. Mia was a little surprised to find it was just her and Caramel there, but hid the emotion. Scrambled probably wasn't going to show up and Booker was probably taking extra precautions to make sure he didn't make a fool of himself like in the meeting. "Hi, I'm Mi-er-Synth. I assume you're Caramel?"

Frank had been digging through his things trying to figure out what he needed for a recruitment mission while eating a crumbly muffin. He looked over at his alarm clock, wondering how long he had before he needed to be going to the meeting place. "Aw, crap! I've only got ten minutes!" He snatched up his snack and weapons bags and ran down to the meeting place, almost tripping a couple times. When he got there, he rubbed the back of his neck nervously and decided not to talk at all. Synth probably already thought he was either psychotic or stupid. Maybe both.