MURDERcomplexx

Game Confessions

Halo is where I have most of my dumb moments. Like one time I thought that jumping over some inconspicuous railing would help me find where I had to go next... turns out that the railing kept people from falling off the edge of a cliff. I jumped off the edge of a cliff. While there was railing there.

Oh, so many Wheatley moments. Including jumping on his trap pit on purpose. Of course you get an achievement for that. o3o

There's also activating traps just to see what they do, or send in excess units in strategy games against behemoth-sized groups/fleet, or scaring the whole city as a wolf just for fun. Twilight Princess.

And of course everyone just starting out in Garry's Mod tends to do the fatal mistake, of blowing stuff up just to see how they do.

Every time I come to a locked door in a game, I always try hitting it for about a solid minute.

I have no shame admitting this.

I do something similar to this when I hit a puzzle I can't solve.

After exhausting my inventory supply, magic spells, weapons, and brainpower against a puzzle without solving it, I just run into the wall or area to see if it triggers a secret switch or something. I'll do this for a long time just to give myself a break and try to think up a new strategy. I also think while I run into the wall "Maybe I missed the switch on my first pass, and I'll find it on this one." xd.png

Halo is where I have most of my dumb moments. Like one time I thought that jumping over some inconspicuous railing would help me find where I had to go next... turns out that the railing kept people from falling off the edge of a cliff. I jumped off the edge of a cliff. While there was railing there.

I basically did this same thing today in SW:TOR. I'm on Coruscant and the taxi terminal is kind of weird. It's a circle and you head up ramps on either side to go out to areas on the planet. Well once you're up the ramp the edge is lined with rails. I was headed to the taxi and figured I'd just jump the rail and land on the taxi pad below. There was no taxi pad below and I fell to my death.

Recently remembered this one...

In my Pokemon Red version, when I first started playing Pokemon, I caught a Caterpie. When I caught it, it was maybe 15 levels behind the rest of my party 'mons (early on in the game, Caterpie was something like level 4). Thanks to the show, I really wanted a Butterfree. I took it to the daycare center to level it a bit. Meanwhile, I continued on with my adventure. After the 6th or 7th gym, I took a look through my Pokedex to see what Pokemon I've caught. Then I realized... I had left that poor, poor Caterpie in daycare for ages. I went to go get it only to realize it was now level 78 and I could not afford to pick it up. The poor thing was doomed to an eternity in daycare.

^^ (diamond) Same thing happened to my lvl 1 Magikarp. just defeated the elite 4 twice then remembered didn't I have something in the daycare? Checkend lvl 86 Magikarp!

Wow, guys.

When I was 5 and bought Diamond for the DS, I couldn't read or write well. So, I overleveled my Chimchar into a level 59 Infernape and just caught other high-leveled pokemon. I almost beat the Elite Four. Only thing was, Blaze's Infernape, which had Earthquake. Same thing in my Heartgold, when I was 6. I would also put pokemon in the daycare, but would check regularly.

I feel you people.

I had my Pokemon Pearl (which I lost) I just overpowered my Infernape to level 70 because I couldn't get to the last gym leader. I realized I was dumb and that I had to beat Team Galactic( Insert Sigh of Shame) a couple years later .

Every time I come to a locked door in a game, I always try hitting it for about a solid minute.

I have no shame admitting this.

I do this on the LoZ games whenever a dungeon door is locked. Well, I hit just about everything in those games, not just doors, but still...

There's this one game I have in which I always try every door I run by, even if they don't open. And sometimes, even if I know that door won't open, I'll try it anyways. Because maybe after ten times it will open now, right? /shot

Edited by HawktalonOfRiverClan

I'm terrible about two things: saving in a long gaming session, and restocking my inventory. This is coupled with my unfortunate habit of somehow getting lost and wandering into areas where I probably shouldn't be wandering. I've gotten a lot of game overs from accidentally running into optional bosses, especially in older RPGs. Or running into storyline boss battles while being woefully unprepared.

Fortunately it's less of an issue now that most modern games have save points all over the place, allow you to save at any point or just do checkpoints and autosaving.

Whenever I play Dragon Quest VIII, I always give all the stat boosting potions to the main character instead of being nice to the others in the party. I'm also horrible about not saving my progress periodically.

I'm so glad there are other door-hitters running amok.

It probably doesn't help that I like to indulge in point-and-click adventure games every now and then. So it's more like "i really need that piece of paper but all i have is a torch, a rope, a bone, and a statue... BETTER TRY ALL OF THEM"

This mentality just ends up getting transferred to other games I play. The door won't open? I better just throw my whole frikkin inventory at it! It'll budge sooner or later!

I accidentally broke Lilo TWICE (one failure and one that just set me back a little, but it did send me back to the patient lounge and I had to wait a bit before returning to his case) the first time I played Die Anstalt/Parapluesch. I felt really bad because I was trying really hard not to fail on any of them because I didn't want to use the electroshock any more than that one time when you have to. :c

Edited by Pika_Oi

Oh, so many Wheatley moments. Including jumping on his trap pit on purpose. Of course you get an achievement for that. o3o

I've done that even after I got the acheivement xd.png

Whenever I play Portal, I end up saying what the robots/Cave Johnson/Caroline are saying along with them purely from memory laugh.gif

In Skyrim i used unrelenting force and just as i said dah lydia went in front of me and me and my friend laugh so hard.

First time I played Portal I discovered just how bad my guts can handle the slightest bit of scaryness. I got scared censorkip.gif-less by the turrets going all "are you there~" and then "There you are!" and firing on a glasswall. Made me lose it completely.. to utmost entertainment to my ex-boyfriend <<"

*is guilty of whacking doors and running into walls/doors just to see if they'll open for the 80th time of not opening*

*is also guilty of forgetting about pokemon in the daycare since day one of playing Red (and I'm 17)*

How? Well....

In practically any Zelda game (even the 'old' 2d ones that were the very original- yes, played those, beat 'em too... after years of being frusterated) I would run around at walls if I couldn't figure out how to open a door. I'd hit them too. At one point in OoT I stood in front of a boss door (forgot which one exactly), whacked it about 200 times, smacked it with sticks and arrows and those deku nuts that do practacally nothing. I rolled into the door... ran into it... walked, yes walked, into it... couldn't get it open. I smashed the A button a gazilion times. Took a week for me to figure out the reason it wouldn't open is because I didn't have the key! I had forgotten to pick it up xd.png

That's only one though... I have tons of others.

The pokemon ones... well, I had this Caterpie. Chucked it in the daycare for what wanted to be a day because I wanted to run around some more with only one pokemon and had filled my pc up with Magikarps (this is in my Silver game... I still have this file) for whatever reason. They're all named after much of my family and then the rest of the non-10-family named are just random names... anywho, so I left the Caterpie in the daycare so I could run around with only one pokemon. Dunno why exactly. I left it in there for about a year... literally. And played for at least 10 minutes every day. My Typhlosion made it to lvl 100 and sweeped the Elite Four alone about 4 times in that year... and then it dawned on me after looking through the box of Magikarps (or every box I should say). I was missing that green caterpillar!!! So i ran off to the daycare. I found a Lvl 100 Caterpie. I took it back. Apoligized to the poor thing and then whisked it off to the Elite Four to see if it could take on them itself... It worked wellish... got past the first guy somehow and died halfway through the second person. That neglected Caterpie lived past expectations and I vowed to never do such a thing to a pokemon again (which i had done after I finished Red with a lvl 100 Zubat who I ended up shoving in a box after I realized I didn't need him anymore- the promise hasn't held since).

I continue to forget about the odd pokemon in the daycare... haven't necessarily done it in a while, though it is still rather common. And people wonder why I end up with lvl 100 Caterpies in the first place. Now they know.

If I mess up in the slightest on a game and something doesn't go the way I want, I'll restart the game sleep.gif

I've just started playing the mobile game Rage of Bahamut, and I discovered that I should not, in fact, evolve my cards instantly, but rather enhance them to the max level first. Evolving them to the final stage without doing any enhancing would give me only something like 36% of the potential attack/defense power that fully-enhanced cards would give - at the most. Wish I hadn't done my super-rare cards that way. :/

My first time playing Assassins Creed was the third one. I had just figured out how to pick locks, so I was running around everywhere opening chests. One of the times, I found a guard dog. I didn't realize it was a guard dog, and tried to pet it. Being the idiot I am, I hit the entirely wrong button and killed it. My brothers will never let me live it down.

In Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, there's a room in Hyrule castle (leading up to the final boss) that I had no idea how to open. What you were supposed to do was turn into the wolf, notice a couple super-creepy ghosts helping you out by pointing at a picture frame, shift back into your human form, and then shoot the paining. It had a gem behind it that would open the locked door if it was shot. I didn't know this, so I ran around in that one room for about an HOUR, before figuring out that you need to cut the paining down with a well-placed arrow.

In the first assassins creed game when they start teaching you to climb I idiotically pressed X and Altiar jumped off the wall and fell into the pit. xd.png

In Skyrim I climbed up a mountain and reached the top and got killed by a creepy looking dragon and my body kept going down the mountain! xd.png

I can't really remember anything else, will edit this post when I do xd.png

Pokemon emerald was my first ever pokemon game but I never got past the elite four (the second time) , stupidly, when I had completed Diamond I transferred my stongest pokemon in pokemon emerald across to my diamond game. I then went back to try and complete pokemon emerald but I couldn't because I didn't have my strong pokemon so I had to buy an action replay for the game boy (Which I have only used once).

Also I used action replay on my ds and it went all weird and made a lot of my games start to glitch and crash.

I have since got a new ds and have not used action replay on it! smile.gif

Edited by SilverMoonRain

On Pokémon Diamond (my first Pokémon game) I killed Dialga because I didn't think you could catch it, wasted my Master Ball on a freaking CLEFAIRY and also killed Azelf and Uxie, god knows why sad.gif Epic fail at Pokémon! I've since lost that game and though I miss my lost Pokémon, I'd luckily already transferred my starter and my beloved Raichu onto my Pokémon Soulsilver and am sometimes pretty glad I lost it because I don't have to cringe over my embarrassing mistakes any more...

A way more pathetic game confession:

I am so bad at Hearts it’s not even funny. In RL I am semi-decent since the only people I play with are my family. But on the computer? Hoo boy. The second I get the Queen of Spades I just

user posted image

so like every third time i play yeah

Nope, I never have trouble figuring out where I can walk and where I can't in rpgs! I never had to pull out a walkthrough during Tales of Destiny just to figure out that I can walk past an npc! Never tried to walk where there wasn't any floor thinking the floor was the walls and the empty gaping spaces were the floor, nope!