MURDERcomplexx

Game Confessions

We've all done it, really embarrassing things that we would never admit to our friends that we have done during a video game.

Secrets......mystery.........gameshark codes.

All that good stuff.

It's time to come clean my friends.

It's time to admit to the silly and downright stupid things you have done while playing games

I'll start.

I always really hate losing in pokemon games against NPCs. I can humbly accept defeat in PvP matches but against the computer I have a lot of unwarranted pride in the fact I've never gotten the "whited out" message while I played.

Anyway a few years ago when I was playing Crystal version, I got stuck against the Elite Four and put into a position in which there was no way I could possibly win.

I could have cut my losses and returned to train after I had been defeated but I said NO.

And I restarted the entire game.

Just because I refused to lose.

When you say 'restarted the entire game' you meant from your last save right? Not all the way back to the starter town/first pokemon? O.o

I never give my Pawn/s any healing items in Dragon's Dogma. Never. If they die they can be easily revived with half health, so I will hoard healing items by the truck full rather than give them a single potion.

My item storage is full to busting.

And I may abuse Lycean Sight too. It's a skill that lets you zoom in and hit enemies from afar, letting you damage them without them getting close enough to get into battle stances. I use it on everything I can. Even weak enemies I could kill with a single dagger stroke.

Oh no I used to save after I beat every Elite Four member, so I was stuck in Koga's chamber with no way out.

I restarted the entire freaking game.

In Tales of Graces, I refuse to use healing items until my team is half dead, which causes me to lose battles half the time, especially in Chaos mode.

Started over a whole file in Pokemon Colosseum because I accidentally killed Raikou while trying to catch it, and saved after doing so.

I accidentally(more like stupidly) ran from a shiny Tentacool in Pokemon Emerald dry.gif. It didn't help that a month before that, my copy of Pokemon Crystal corrupted, making me lose my shiny Poliwag and shiny Suicune.

Oh no I used to save after I beat every Elite Four member, so I was stuck in Koga's chamber with no way out.

I restarted the entire freaking game.

Holy Pancakes O.o

I never saved in the Elite Whatever chambers just in case something like that happened.

After playing Animal Crossing for the Gamecube for over four years I got tired of trying to get all the rare items. That's when I went online and printed out 83 pages worth of cheat codes which I used to get a lot of the items I hadn't been able to get. Next day I try to boot up my save and KABOOM! My save file was gone. Four years of playing gone. I still miss my town, but I haven't cheated on a game since then.

In Tales of Graces, I refuse to use healing items until my team is half dead, which causes me to lose battles half the time, especially in Chaos mode.

Oh god, I could never do that. My characters are addicted to healing items in every Tales game. Which is why I've not beaten Abyss 3DS yet.

Speaking of, that's one of my stupids.

I decided I'd play Tales of the Abyss on the 3DS on hard mode. And then I decided to not bother with too much extra training. Which basically led me to a horrible cycle of spending all my gald on healing items and not having enough to get good equipment so I had to rely on healing items, even while I finally decided to level grind. Thankfully I got some nice stuff from Din's Shop and am finally breaking that cycle...

Also, waaaaaaay back in the day I used a Master Ball on a Venonat, because I had been having no lucking finding one. That was in like Red/Blue or something. I just want to go back and smack my old self for that. xd.png

This one is rather silly, but I still think it's pretty dumb of me.

Ok, I first played Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door when I was very young, maybe 7... I've played it off and on a lot of times since then. You know the character Vivian, the one who was a male in the Japanese version, you know that pink "thing" hanging down on her face? I ALWAYS thought that that was her nose, her NOSE! xd.png She always kinda creeped me out with that giant pink nose on her face! .... now several months ago, I finally realized, from fanart, that that was her HAIR! I was so very confused at first, looking at art of her and saying "why is her nose coming out of her hat"??? And with humanizations "Why does she have two noses?"

I felt so dumb.

In Uncharted: Among Thieves, there is this level where you are on a moving train. Between fighting the enemies and making sure you don't get knocked off by the scenery it is a fairly hard level to begin with. Add in the helicopter that attacks you. While there are enemies on a car, all it will do is rain machine gun fire down on you, once they are dead however, it will start to blow up that car. There is one car that is completely devoid of cover and enemies, it also has a closed door you have to open to move on. You don't know how many times I died trying to get that door open. Eventually I noticed the RPG you can pick up that will "stun" the helicopter for a while so you can open that door to move on.

In Uncharted: Among Thieves, there is this level where you are on a moving train. Between fighting the enemies and making sure you don't get knocked off by the scenery it is a fairly hard level to begin with. Add in the helicopter that attacks you. While there are enemies on a car, all it will do is rain machine gun fire down on you, once they are dead however, it will start to blow up that car. There is one car that is completely devoid of cover and enemies, it also has a closed door you have to open to move on. You don't know how many times I died trying to get that door open. Eventually I noticed the RPG you can pick up that will "stun" the helicopter for a while so you can open that door to move on.

I did that! I did that too!

And the first time I got my hands on it I aimed at the helicopter and...missed D:

Super Paper Mario! Someone mentioned that.

Fed Bowser a few different power boost items. He naturally has double strength. Dumped on the final boss's head at an angle that stuck his big butt under a platform and forcefully bounced him off the giant jester head like twelve times before the game said "SCREW YOU!" and inexplicably fired Bowser way off to the side of the screen like he'd been squirted out.

when i realesed my first pokemon(magikarp) into the wild, i cried...LOLOLOLOLOL, the game was pokemon diamond.

In my Pokemon Crystal version, I duplicated and released so many Pokemon. I thought it would make that species more common. Like, I duplicated Tauros at least 20 times (also to duplicate the Master Ball) and released 19 of them thinking that would make more Tauros appear in tall grass.

In XD: Gale of Darkness, I accidentally KO'd Shadow Lugia and I thought I wouldn't be able to get him again, so I used the master ball on Articuno instead.

The first time I played Pokemon Crystal, I started with

CHIKORITA D:

...And then I started over shortly afterwards and chose Totodile. :V

Also, in the newer Pokemon games, even though I know how to import my Pokemon to my computer and modify them to have perfect IVs and EV spreads, I'm too attached to most of them as they are to do so. :N

Doesn't stop me from creating new Pokemon on my computer and sending them to my cartridge, but I never edit the ones I've done playthroughs with.

After playing Animal Crossing for the Gamecube for over four years I got tired of trying to get all the rare items. That's when I went online and printed out 83 pages worth of cheat codes which I used to get a lot of the items I hadn't been able to get. Next day I try to boot up my save and KABOOM! My save file was gone. Four years of playing gone. I still miss my town, but I haven't cheated on a game since then.

I am so sentimental about Animal Crossing myself that even nowadays as I've been hacking a City Folk save file to make modded octopuses (and possibly other villagers later) I refuse to cheat to give myself items (at least ones that can be regularly obtained, I've pondered doing it to obtain things that are not normally obtainable just to see what they look like) or bells |D

I also refuse to break the overall cutesy feel of the game, so the zombie octopus I made is goreless and not all that creepy, and could be easily mistaken for a Frankenstein kind of octopus. It's weird, I usually don't have a problem with corrupting innocent things, I just can't bring myself to do it to Animal Crossing...

I decided to replay Uncharted 2 again, and I was in Borneo in Lazarovich's camp at the point when these men are in a tower with a machine gun. You are supposed to take them out by throwing a grenade in window. That went off without a hitch. The problem was that I apparently was standing in JUST the right spot for debris to fall on top of me and kill me(and I do mean just, a little to the right or left and I would have been safe). I was just glad I didn't have to face all the enemies again, as apparently the game recognized that I had killed them all.

I was playing Halo yesterday. I went up the grav lift (on I think adrift?) and then turned around and threw a plasma grenade into the lift. Of course it stuck me right in the face. For some reason my brain thought the lift would take the plasma grenade up further >.<

Those times on Mass Effect when you forget what you wanted to do and by the time you finished the game you're all like 'aw snap' ... that's happen two times now... (/-3-)/

I was playing Pokemon Diamond, I was trying to catch Dialga. I kept soft resetting after I either killed it or lost. Then, i finally caught it, but I thought it died somehow, then reset :\

Ohh boy... there are a lot most likely, but the following tops everything else in my books.

I am sure that people are aware of our little friend MissingNo, which pretty much duplicates anything that has been inserted to 6th slot in inventory. Now this happened in Blue version of Pokémon.

I had forgotten to adjust my inventory, and when I got through the ordeal, I checked if I had managed to duplicate something. I was wondering why the things didn't duplicate, so I tried couple more times before I remembered that it was 6th slot, not 4th. And during entire time, I was duplicating bycicle. And I couldn't sell them.

It was a day when I provided bycicles to entire Kanto region apparently... ='D

I may or may not have spent the best part of an hour pushing a ball around a room in Darksiders 2 when stuck once :/

There is this one ruin in Skyrim, Volunruud(you meet a contact for a Dark Brotherhood quest here), where near the entrance sits a throne with a skeleton on it. I had snuck through this section many times(different saves and different visits) and thought nothing of the skeleton. One time though, after finishing that ruin, I decided that I didn't need to sneak anymore and just ran through. I seriously jumped when that skeleton got up and came after me. I never noticed that it was an actual undead skeleton rather than just a decoration.

Got an action replay for Pokemon Platinum (it wasn't my main copy).

Got a magikarp lv 100 with Hyper Beam. It had 9999 life and wonder guard.

Went onto wifi. Wiped the floor with everyone (literally).

I also had a button that lowered the enemy's life if I held it down (even during move selection and stuff olord it was hilarious).

Was banned from wifi like a week later xd.png. Probably won't do it again but it was worth the laughs.

Every time I come to a locked door in a game, I always try hitting it for about a solid minute.

I have no shame admitting this.