Ayelldee

Prize eggs have been awarded

I just spotted a Bronze Prize at Silvi's, of which the code isn't listed on the Wiki yet. The code is eiTaD. smile.gif

And it belongs to a rather new User... Hope they will stay for a while to at least breed it a few times and spread the fun.

Well, they usually choose them depending on the color of the prize. Some colors look very nice with others. XP

I use the neglected lineage viewer to determine what might look nice with Logic or not. sure, he's not fully grown yet, but I don't think the colors will change drastically.

I feel like the shape is important as well, and while the colors might not change drastically, the balance might. For example, think about if you matched a Terrae with the Silver Tinsel against a Terrae with the Silver Prize hatchling. I could see the Silver Prize hatchling (almost 50-50 silver green, I'd guess) growing up to have a balance of color closer to the Silver Tinsel (mostly silver with some green).

We can make swags about whether they're likely to match up color wise, but I think there'll still be a bit of a shakeup when the adults are out.

Edited by siliconrose

And it belongs to a rather new User... Hope they will stay for a while to at least breed it a few times and spread the fun.

I don't think he/she is a new user... There is a bright pink on his/her scroll from 2009 as well as a few Frills. smile.gif

Also, I can't wait to see the adult sprite! I wonder if it will look cute/fierce/powerful/other...

I feel like the shape is important as well, and while the colors might not change drastically, the balance might. For example, think about if you matched a Terrae with the Silver Tinsel against a Terrae with the Silver Prize hatchling. I could see the Silver Prize hatchling (almost 50-50 silver green, I'd guess) growing up to have a balance of color closer to the Silver Tinsel (mostly silver with some green).

We can make swags about whether they're likely to match up color wise, but I think there'll still be a bit of a shakeup when the adults are out.

Of course, the shape kind of plays into "which breeds work best together", but at the moment we only know really its color xd.png Some people might change their opinions on which breed will look best with the new dragons once the adult sprite is released.

Though, I have a feeling the ribbon Christmas dragons (If that's their official name. I can't remember xd.png) will look nice with the silver prize dragons.

Also, I can't wait to see the adult sprite! I wonder if it will look cute/fierce/powerful/other...

My vote is for beautifully regal! smile.gif Since Luckiest Catch gained time on the AP and I didn't incubate, s/he's probably going to be the last to grow up.

Hmm.... The silver ones would be good with any blue/green dragon, methinks. I don't know really. They look sorta like Chinese legend dragons, with the mustaches and everything.

To be very honnest, I'm extremely sad and frustrated that the prize dragons seem to be of Eastern type. As much as I rejoice that the winners are getting a lovely dragon, I can't get over the fact that I have been waiting and hoping for a new Eastern sprite for years, and when one finally gets released, it is to a handful of lucky few which were awarded the beauties on arguably rather unfair grounds. I don't know how long it will take me to get one of them as my scroll is very modest; and that means I won't be able to set up any breeding projects for one of the dragons I've been most excited to see released.

To be very honnest, I'm extremely sad and frustrated that the prize dragons seem to be of Eastern type. As much as I rejoice that the winners are getting a lovely dragon, I can't get over the fact that I have been waiting and hoping for a new Eastern sprite for years, and when one finally gets released, it is to a handful of lucky few which were awarded the beauties on arguably rather unfair grounds. I don't know how long it will take me to get one of them as my scroll is very modest; and that means I won't be able to set up any breeding projects for one of the dragons I've been most excited to see released.

I worked out that, if it's 1 per person, there should be enough for the entire database if everyone breeds every month, producing an egg, within 2 months smile.gif

I know that it's frustrating, but I can promise you that you will get one eventually, someway or another. Yes, it's slightly annoying, but couldn't it also be the start of more incave Eastern Dragons? We still have Chinese New Year remember wink.gif

I worked out that, if it's 1 per person, there should be enough for the entire database if everyone breeds every month, producing an egg, within 2 months smile.gif

I know that it's frustrating, but I can promise you that you will get one eventually, someway or another. Yes, it's slightly annoying, but couldn't it also be the start of more incave Eastern Dragons? We still have Chinese New Year remember wink.gif

I think what Hailwidis wanted to say is that some of us are waiting for Eastern dragons and wanted them to be a regular release. I am sad that the long awaited Eastern dragon type is a Prize only available to a handful people, too. That means that there are no checkered even gen lineages possible and that is a little bit frustrating. But of course I am happy for the winners.

Edited by drabrugon

I think what Hailwidis wanted to say is that some of us are waiting for Eastern dragons and wanted them to be a regular release. I am sad that the long awaited Eastern dragon type is a Prize only available to a handful people, too. That means that there are no checkered even gen lineages possible and that is a little bit frustrating. But of course I am happy for the winners.

Aha, I got that, but I'm trying to think on the positive side tongue.gif I'm not an Eastern style dragon fan myself...

And who says you can't build EG checkers? I have EG Tinsels, and with a lot of elbow grease we could get some beautiful checkers from these new ones smile.gif *Cliche alert* Harder, but the climb is what make it rewarding ;D

OH! It's an eastern-type dragon? blink.gif

Wow, I'm slow... Heh, wish I'd got one. Next year, the zodiac will land on me, so well, yeah... xd.png (every 12th year! biggrin.gif)

I really think that the silver would look nice with the Whites. happy.gif

The Gold would probably fit in with the Golden Wyvern.

Bronze? Probably with a Red? laugh.gif

Yeah exactly. I'm not moaning about prize dragons. Prize dragons will be prize dragons. I disagree with the raffle system but that's another matter entirely. I know that I'll probably get a 7th gen stairstep someday. But the fact that they had to be one of my very favourite and long-awaited, never yet seen on DC type of breed is very saddening, especially as I play the game mostly for the pleasure of building even gen checker lineages and that this will never be possible for me with these.

Aha, I got that, but I'm trying to think on the positive side tongue.gif I'm not an Eastern style dragon fan myself...

And who says you can't build EG checkers? I have EG Tinsels, and with a lot of elbow grease we could get some beautiful checkers from these new ones smile.gif *Cliche alert* Harder, but the climb is what make it rewarding ;D

I know that even gens will be possible, but as you can see from the Tinsels, most people do stair or spiral lineages, while even gens are not very popular because they are not worth that much. I am afraid that 2nd gen owners will nearly all breed non-even-gen Prizes. But we will see.

I don't think it'll be too long as some seem to think until they start making their way to the general public.

... also I just went thru my list of CB prizes, and it appears somebody froze one. ;-;

Since I'm terrible at knowing what is considered valuable to other users (besides neglected dragons, a breed that my play style does not accommodate) I'll have to wait until these guys' descendants pop into the AP. And THEN hope I get lucky and snatch up one of each before these prizes go the way of the others and only breed when they feel like it.

I know how you feel I absolutely adore eastern dragons too.

I don't think it'll be too long as some seem to think until they start making their way to the general public.

... also I just went thru my list of CB prizes, and it appears somebody froze one. ;-;

Wha...wha....what!?

Ermm, I definitely agree that the site could *really* do with more easterns (I've got a concept going that's eastern dragons - Process is doing a gorgeous job of the spriting), but why do you say that the raffle was unfair? The random nature of drawing tickets means it's probably about the fairest way to choose recipients. I'm leaning towards using a similar system to choose gift recipients of Catch's babies, in fact.

drabrugon makes an excellent point! wink.gif

Also, eeeep at the frozen prize! ohmy.gif

Edited by Amazon_warrior

You are right with longer gens, but not with 2nd gens and only 2nd gen owners can decide what lineage they are going to do. I am sure even gens are not their first priority because of several reasons.

@Amazon: Better not reanimate this discussion of raffle fairness wink.gif .

Edited by drabrugon

Wha...wha....what!?

Yeah, the code is Micky. (Since it's against the rules to link to others' dragons.)

Does anyone think ridgewings will look okay with the prize dragons...at least the silvers, or would the possibility of tan in the lineage throw the colors off?

I found a bronze prize in AotND ER that isn't on the wiki list yet: code is filly.

Edit: TV, you can tell on the view page by whether or not it still has a 'time till death'.

Edited by Slaskia

Are you sure it's frozen? Is there a way to tell just from the view page?

It is frozen, when you can`t see when it will grow up it`s forzen... it is really sad 1 prize dragon less which will get babys...

Does anyone think ridgewings will look okay with the prize dragons...at least the silvers, or would the possibility of tan in the lineage throw the colors off?

As much as I adore ridgewings (I'm slowly building up an army laugh.gif ), we can't really tell until we see the prize adults... it also depends if you would pair it with a gold, silver or bronze prize. I think they would be a good mate for the silvers especially. The tanning possibility is not necessarily a problem, it depends how you work with it wink.gif

Look what I did with the tan/purple variation! It can definitely be incorporated into a lineage smile.gif

Edited by Hailwidis