Blindstar97

Happy Moments in DC

First of all, yes, I did search the forum ahead of time and did not find anything that could possibly make this a duplicate. If it is, I'm sorry, I didn't see anything. I'm sorry that my searching skills suck. Thank you.

Now, clarification. We've all had some happy moments in Dragon Cave. What are yours? It doesn't have to be the happiest moment, just ones that made you smile. Was it a dragon's name that made you chuckle? A rare you somehow got your hands on and you danced for five hours because of it? Or did a gift you get just make you feel good inside?

My happy moments would have to be the time my first non-gifted dragon hatched. That was an exciting and joyful time, waiting for mah babeh to come out into this world. Also, the time my friend got a hold of a vampire egg and gave it to me. That was wonderfully joyful.

EDIT: This is not a congrats thread, it is happy moments in your DC history!!! (aggh every time...)

Besides, how can you congratulate someone for chuckling at funny dragon name?

DOUBLE EDIT: Again, remember that this is not a congrats thread. This is a happy moments thread in your DC history. It does not have to be something recent, it could be something from a couple years ago. Again, this is not a congrats thread. I do not want this topic locked. PLEASE.

Edited by Blindstar97

While I do see this thread being similar to the Congrats thread... I feel it's still a little different. In the congrats thread I feel like you really should only post things that recently happened, but in this thread I think it gives you a chance to reflect back on fun and happy things that happened to you a long time ago.

Anyway, with that said, I was REALLY happy a few years ago when I randomly when on the IRC and someone was giving away a G2 alt black hatchie... and they gave it to me. ^-^ I was in shock and SUPER happy.

EDIT: Also, this thread kinda has the same feel as the "Stupid Things You've Done on DC" thread, except they are happy moments instead of stupid moments. xd.png

Edited by Forest

When I got my Dorkface and my Nebula. Unfortunately said Nebula is yet to produce any eggs

I think my happiest moment on DC was when I was gifted my very first CB Silver. Since then I've been able to catch a few on my own, and I've been trying to pay that act forward. smile.gif

A few things that stick out for me are:

Finding a dragon with the name 'I Have A Bad Code' and laughing at its code.

Being gifted one of each colour tinsel by a friend

Reading the description for a dragon called QUICK GET HIM TO THE POKEMON CENTER, and approving same. (this was only a few days ago)

Being randomly glomp gifted with a gold egg (that was only today)

I'm sure I've had many other great moments, I just can't remember them right now.

My happiest DC moment to date -

Picking up a random black egg from the AP, and realizing it was a 5thgen Thuwed. Well, the egg hatched today, and I went looking for a normal hatchie in my roster...Almost mistook me new 5thGen Alt-Black Thuwed for one of my Nebula hatchies.

happy.gif So. Happy. Next to a ND, most wanted dragon was an Alt Black. ~Troia's Shadowy Thuwed Oracle~

Catching x2 CB Silver and a CB Black in one day.

Catching a CB Silver (so three in total)

Catching a CB Gold

Trading x2 CB Silver for x2 CB Neglected (male and ungendered)

Getting gifted a 6th gen dorkface Holly

Catching x2 CB Magma (different days)

Catching a CB Thunder

And random happy CB catching moments of uncommons (Paper, Chicken, Black, Blusang, etc.)

Catching my first silver ever, when i was first starting DC, which was a CB xd.png i didnt even know what the egg description was, so i grabbed it and then found out it was super rare! smile.gif

trading a bunch of dragons for my first CB gold a while back smile.gif

And a few days ago i was able to catch a CB gold, then a CB silver the next day! very happy smile.gif

maybe getting on a promise list for the 2013 dragons.

I want to see what they look like first [and if it's anything like new 2013 christmas dragons, no thank you. o_0]

Catching my First CB black, catching my first Dino, catching my first CB Blu today, and getting wonderful gifts from nice people all around biggrin.gif

My happiest moment was back when I was trying an ND experiment, and got my first ever successful turn, and used Earthquake with 27 seconds on the egg's timer... and successfully hatched the dragon that is now my beautiful female Neglected.

I was also really happy when I was gifted my first Holly a little over two years ago, and each time I gifted one of his eggs too.

Then there was the time when I was just thinking about how I'd gotten a CB female Silver, male Silver, and female Gold back when metallics were fairly easy to come by and I still had no CB male Gold, and then I went to the jungle biome and caught a CB Gold who later grew up male, completing my CB metal set.

Breeding L'Avide was a great moment.

And anytime I get a Code Lyoko, Touhou, or Yume Nikki name- I have Aelita, Xana, Lyoko, Jeremie Belpois, Yumi Ishiyama, Tamiya, and Odd Della-Robbia for Code Lyoko; and Yuuka Kazami, Yukari Yakumo, Satori Komeiji, Fujiwara no Mokou, Momiji Inubashiri, Renko Usami, Maribel Hearn, Love Colored Master Spark, Love Sign - Master Spark, Keine Kamishirasawa, Hieda no Akyuu, Kosuzu Motoori, Rin Satsuki, Toyosatomimi no Miko, Soga no Tojiko, Kana Anaberal, Kyouko Kasodani, Yamame Kurodani, Watatsuki no Toyohime, Watatsuki no Yorihime, a few other spellcard and song names, and "Touhou" itself for Touhou; and for Yume Nikki I have Madotsuki, Uboa, Poniko, and Kamakurako.

Edited by TheCompleteAnimorph

Had a happy moment yesterday.

I put up an offer for an alt Black in trade, not expecting anything, but there was that smidgen of hope you always have with something like that. Si two hours later I popped onto my scroll, checked 'trades' and the trade wasn't there. I returned to my scroll and it took forever to load, the black hatchling wouldn't show and I was absolutely dying to see if I had a successful trade. It eventually loaded and showed -

An Alt Black hatchling in place of the regular Black.

In the space of two weeks I have obtained one of each alt. Very happy about that biggrin.gif

I think my happiest moment was when I got a cave born Gold in the caves. I can no longer remember what I was actually looking for at the time, but I saw that gold egg text, clicked like crazy and waited. My internet decided to load very slowly for me. I waited. Waited. Loading complete! I nervously clicked the egg get tab. That beautiful egg stared back at me.

I was so happy I leaped out of my chair and danced around my room. Then I ran and told my grandfather. He didn't really care that much but darn it SOMEONE had to know! My friend who plays the game wasn't online at the time!

Imagine my joy when that gold not only accepted his shadow walker partner, but produced a gold on my first attempt! He's only produced one more gold since then, but at the time I was pretty thrilled!

The single happiest moment in my DC history was in '09, and it was when I caught my Holly.

I had been AP stalking all night for one, and got up extra early the next morning so I could get a little hunting in before leaving for a family get together. My mom was harassing me to get off the computer because we had to go, and I was about to leave when a four or five Holiday eggs appeared at the bottom right corner(this was back before Holidays automatically prioritized to the first slots of the AP) a few Yulebucks with one Holly nestled in the middle.

I middle clicked the Holly as I had no interest in the Bucks. I didn't think for an actual second I had gotten it, but there it was in the tab. I about choked on my own spite, then I was shouting, "OMG!" so loudly my mom was alarmed.

A close second was when I was given my ARK award, and later my ARK Honorable Mention. I got so super warm and fuzzy inside. ^.^

Lots of people has gotten CB golds and silvers.. xd.png not me.. not yet.. i hope soon though.

My happiest moment would probably be yesterday.. :b

i was accepted onto the list for 2gen prizes by a VERY kind winner.

Another one would be catching my first silver in the AP, and being gifted my first holly last christmas. (:

I have some very lucky/wonderful moments recently. Yesterday a 2nd gen pb black egg I got as a gift hatched ALT - right on my birthday. :3 which, incidentally, fell right on the great metallic breeding frenzy, so I have a couple of tinsels... and a 3rd even gen silver I caught in the AP. biggrin.gif

3. Catching this on the AP, the exact lineage I was looking for. I was sad her parents lost their names though.

2. Catching my first gold egg

1. Making my first neglected and it making it back to my scroll (and it gendering right).

I have had a lot of happy moments in DC. I have met lots of amazing generous people here who helped me with lineages or my Flamingos or just cheer me up after a hard working day with their kindness. I think even in a hundred years I would not be able to pay them back what they have done for me and I am more than grateful. All are "strangers" to me and that is why all this generosity makes me speechless.

Of course I had great chatches in the AP, too. I can still recall the happiness I felt as I caught my 2nd gen Black from CB Holly in the AP years ago.

I also love both my second gen Flamingo tinsel fails and all my Tsunamis from Golds. All of them had been gifts or very fair trades.

The best moment of all was definitely as I was gifted my 2nd gen Tinsel from Flamingo. It was a dream coming true and there is nothing comparable.

Catching rares and ultra rares, of course. Getting some very nice eggs gifted for lineage projects. Any time I finish a lineage project. Breeding/hatching alts or hybrids. Any time I can make someone's day by gifting something nice. smile.gif

Probably when I caught a vampire during the original 2008 vampire drop. That drop was complete chaos lol and I had a terrible internet connection on top of things.

Getting my first Ice egg, after thinking for so long that it wasn't going to happen. Then the Trios began breeding after a long drought.

Summoning once was brilliant, then I got my second GoN.

I got my leetle tree.

Being gifted my first Holly this year.

The holiday events.