Wallie987

Which One Is Better

Which one is better and why? All are drawings of the same fuzzy caterpillar. I do love boths but it would help most if you chose only one of the caterpillars. Thanks! tongue.gif

1. user posted image

2. user posted image

Score Board:

1: 6

2: 3

Both: 2

Edited by Wallie987

What is this for? As is, it's not really a discussion. If you did the art yourself, I can move this to Original Works to act as your art thread. If not, I'll probably move this to Multimedia.

I say the first one. It adds more depth and contrast to the creature and makes it look more caterpillary (yes I know that's not a word- it is now >:3 )

It really depends on what you're going for. My personal favorite is the first. If you want to know why and want critiques, keep reading, if not you can ignore the mini-essay below. tongue.gif

The first one has a nice level of detail to it and is very nicely shaded. The effort put into it really shows; it looks more polished and catches my eye more than the second one. I'm a big fan of details personally, which is why I feel like this one is best. I feel like it could use a smoother transition from the texture to the smooth area between the eyes, or maybe a bit of shading around the eyes, but other than that I like it. Even if you don't do that, it still looks great :3 If you're wanting a more polished look, the first one is best.

The second one is very simple and cute, and the eyes stand out very well. The shading doesn't quite match the texture on this one, though; the outline says "spiky," but the shading is more like a smooth cotton ball. But, if you're going for Hello Kitty-style simplistic cute, the second one is best.

Honestly, number one looks like a porcupine. Number 2. Cuter that way :3 An in number one, I thin it loses cuteness.

Edited by girlfairy76

I think the excessive detail contradicts the style and looks a bit odd. 2 is my preference.

Similar to Animorph, although 2 has barely any detail. Try to balance out the detail -- too much detail is time-consuming as well as having a bad effect on the image; too little detail makes the image look 2D and 'bland' or blank.

1looks more caterpillar-like though, so I'd say the first one. happy.gif