Amazon_warrior

The Rainbow Appreciation Society

Make me a member!

Scroll name: Wolfygirl4

Forum name: Wolfygirl4

Contact details: Pm

Are you willing to breed for others? Yes, If I have the requested dragons.

Any breeding restrictions? Please don't kill my gifts tongue.gif

Make me a member!

Scroll name: heavenuniasus

Forum name: heavenuniasus

Contact details: PM

Are you willing to breed for others? after I'm done with my lineage, yes

Any breeding restrictions? no vamp biting, no ND experiments (see exceptions below), no killing, no earthquaking, no trading (even to others of the lineage, if they want an egg from me they can ask--but offspring can be traded, just not the dragon I send to you) {if you are really, really, really successful at ND experiments I MAY send you two eggs, one to actually use, the other to experiment--but I will only send you one egg for experiments, if you use both and both die that's your problem, and that's only if I decide to send you an extra for experimenting with in the first case}

Brief description: Stairstep, starting with red-colored, then offspring will have orange-colored mate, orange-colored offspring will have green-colored mate, and so on. I may do a variation using the same starting pair, where red-colored offspring would have orange-colored mate, then orange-colored offspring would have orange-colored mate, then orange-colored offspring would have yellow-colored mate. But the second one would take a bit longer, as I would breed the offspring to a mate of its own color, then that offspring to the next color, then the new-color offspring to a mate of its own color, etc.

Need any help? none yet.

Progress so far: just the red "section" so far.

Hi purplehaze!

I think that the colours and the dragon breeds are chosen very, very nice by you. Congratulation! I like this lineage very much. :-)

I can finally show the final result of my second rainbow lineage project! biggrin.gif It is a variation of the Somewhere over the rainbow lineage, only with Stripes. Here it is: http://dragcave.net/lineage/d0D6B

Best regards

Aulendil

Thanks, Aulendil! I am still busily at work on the top half of that one. I am also still trying to get the black I want for the bottom half. wink.gif

I love your Striped Over the Rainbow lineage. That is so pretty!

Where have all the rainbows gone? wink.gif

I am struggling on with mine. I finally got a White only to have him refuse his intended mate this morning. I have rebred the Royal Blue, since that was the easier half. Must wait for her to grow up and see if he likes her better. sad.gif The good news is, if they cooperate and give me a White egg then I am only one breeding from finishing, as this lovely Black lady is waiting for her White mate.

All the way back on page 1, siliconrose mentioned the long-defunct Tones of Life, which was a rainbow-type lineage. I was never lucky enough to get one of the original Tone dragons, but I did make my own project based on it, the Echoes of Death. It took two years but last summer I completed the line.

The Echoes of Death

Everyone who helped me build this lineage has long since received their offspring from it, so I'd like to offer breeding here for anyone who's interested.

I am also working on making my own version of the Tones of Life lineage, but with all of the projects I already have running it won't be until next year at the earliest.

Hi!

I'm not sure if I am allowed to post here, but I noticed that I own this pretty dragon, and I would like to continue the line.

Could someone help me to find a mate? I would need a 5th gen rainbow-lineaged dragon. I would be willing to breed something in return. smile.gif

Hi!

I'm not sure if I am allowed to post here, but I noticed that I own this pretty dragon, and I would like to continue the line.

Could someone help me to find a mate? I would need a 5th gen rainbow-lineaged dragon. I would be willing to breed something in return. smile.gif

If I were you, I would just breed my own making it a mirror of the one you have. If you need help with any colors because you are lacking the CB dragons, I would be glad to help with any 2nd gens you need. You could also use different breeds than in the original for each color. We have so many more breeds now that I think you could do it without duplicating.

If you don't want to do that you might be interested in trying to contact dark kitsune about breeding you a sibling to hers. Post showing the lineage is here. It is a bit different from yours in the color progression as she doesn't duplicate the breeds for each color and doesn't use quite the same colors. It was the closest match I saw while browsing back through this thread.

And by the way, thanks for bringing this thread to the top again. going through it has renewed my interest in trying some of these ideas myself! laugh.gif

Edited by purplehaze

I didn't know this thread was a thing! I finished my first mega-rainbow lineage a few weeks ago:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/QTAJh

I was hoping to hold out for a specklethroat as the end result, but I got too impatient. Also, I think right now bluebandeds are more common than anything else in my lineage smile.gif

If I were you, I would just breed my own making it a mirror of the one you have. If you need help with any colors because you are lacking the CB dragons, I would be glad to help with any 2nd gens you need. You could also use different breeds than in the original for each color. We have so many more breeds now that I think you could do it without duplicating.

If you don't want to do that you might be interested in trying to contact dark kitsune about breeding you a sibling to hers. Post showing the lineage is here. It is a bit different from yours in the color progression as she doesn't duplicate the breeds for each color and doesn't use quite the same colors. It was the closest match I saw while browsing back through this thread.

And by the way, thanks for bringing this thread to the top again. going through it has renewed my interest in trying some of these ideas myself! laugh.gif

Usually I love breeding mates for dragons I pick up from the AP, but as it is I already have a ton of lineage projects. smile.gif And since the Purple has gendered wrong, that lessens my interest in breeding it a mate.

...But on the other hand it wouldn't be TOO much of a hassle, because I think I might even own most of the 2nd gen PBs...

I need to do some planning. smile.gif

Ooooooh. My favorite!! Hope there's still active mods in here?

If so...

Make me a member!

Scroll name: mishii

Forum name: mishii

Contact details: PM Please

Are you willing to breed for others?: YES!

Any breeding restrictions?: Nope.

Going through my scroll now, will update with my rainbows biggrin.gif

A good majority of my dragons and projects are Fifth Element compliant. So all of them have some variation of "Element(s)", "Elemental" or "5E" in their names. So you know. biggrin.gif (SHAMELESS PLUG: Come check us out! tongue.gif)

Finished Projects:

Lucky Elemental Circle

Self-bred? Yes

Brief description: Leeloo Milestone project from Fifth Element - Even 6th gen bred from own scroll (all CBs are mine), with no repeating breed in the CB generation. Didn't have to be a rainbow, but I did it anyway. tongue.gif

Available for breeding requests? Yes! Any gen, I own all of them.

Projects in Progress!

Brief description: Stairstep, breeding for whites. 5th gen.

Need any help? Nope, gonna be from my scroll

Progress so far: 2nd Gen White Future steps will be: Brimstone, Water, Purple Ridgewing. Miiight replace the water with something a little more blue/green, and the ridge with something more blue/purple - although the ridge might just stay, as it has those colors already.

Brief description: Even 5G Rainbow with Wyverns. Top to bottom CB line: Purple Nebula/Falconiform, Tsunami/Waverunner, Golden Wyvern/Copper (red), Hellfire/Spirit Ward. 5th will be either Purple Nebula or Spirit Warden. I know the Spirit Wardens are more purple, but it's almost a "black" color, which sort of works. I have a second color scheme I'm going to work on once I finish this one. (Hellfire/copper, GW/Waverunner, Tsunami/Falconiform, Purple Nebula/Spirit Warden)

Need any help? Nope! Self bred only.

Progress so far: Tsunami+Waverunner 2G and Hellfire+Spirit Ward 2G

Brief description: Even 5G Rainbow (sort of) with Pygmies. Dark Myst as outside lines, then Nilia, Seaworm, Magelight, and Crimsons - to meet in the middle.

Need any help? Nope! Self bred only. (Unless you'd like to gift/trade CB Pygmies!)

Progress so far: Top side: Nilia+Seawyrm 2G; Bottom side: Magelight+Seawyrm 2G and Nilia+Dark Myst 2G

Edited by mishii