Amazon_warrior

The Rainbow Appreciation Society

Wow! All the way back on page 5! Anyhow, I got the father of this from a departure thread, and since I love arrows/chevrons, I started breeding an upstair to match, and finally got to the first blue step. I'm going to take it out to the 'horse gen', then try the two horses together and hopefully get a pretty rainbowy chevron.

Congratulation, Lastalda, to this great lineage! smile.gif

I would be very happy to get a sibling of it. smile.gif

I am actually working on a rainbow lineage with stripes. I started with the combination of coloured holidays like Cavern Lurkers, Heartseekers, with Frilled and Blusangs as mates for all white stripes. The second Gens colours are determined by these mates, the next generations colours must fit the rainbow scheme. The colours are black, red, green and blue.

I worked for months now, it is very hard to get the right colours. tongue.gif But now the progress is at a point where I am able to show how the first half of the lineage will look like. biggrin.gif

Here it is:

=y&style[bg]=y]Rainbow lineage with Stripes

The mate for this dragon will be a exact mirror it this lineage.

I am sure that it will take a long time to finish this lineage. xd.png

Best regards

Aulendil

Lastalda, hat17, and Aulendil I love what you have done! Gorgeous rainbows every one!

I just found this dragon on my scroll. (I love when I find great things I had forgotten.) I am sure I got it because of its Z code, but as I am looking at it now, I see the beginnings of a rainbow. What do you think?

http://dragcave.net/lineage/z17IF

edited for typing-fail

Edited by purplehaze

Definitely looks like a beginning rainbow to me. biggrin.gif

@Aulendil:

put you on my waiting list, and will PM you with an egg when I get one (after Halloween, that is). Feel free to nudge me, as I tend to forget about these. tongue.gif

Your striped rainbow looks exciting. I get too frustrated with stripeds for doing lineages, but I admire those who do it. smile.gif

@prpldrgnfr:

looks great. I know the pain of doing these! tongue.gif

Good luck and lots of patience to you! I'm looking forward to seeing your arrowhead. smile.gif

Edited by Lastalda

*thinks she just doesn't visit these forums enough anymore...*

Okay! My rainbow arrow-whatever project is done!! Here's the result! I'm so happy it turned out as pretty as I had imagined!! biggrin.gif Now I just need to go back and name them all...... laugh.gif

Thank you! That pattern so cute isn't it? biggrin.gif I guess we need to find a cute name for it.... hmm....

Btw, your website is great! I noticed you even included the breeding time... xd.png

I call it "ragged edge even-gen" to myself, but anyone who comes up with something more catchy is very welcome! xd.png

(And yeah, if I don't write down when I can breed each pair next, I never get anything done. xd.png Sadly, the Action log isn't much help, as it doesn't go back full 7 days. But since I have to plan and record my progress for each lineage anyway, it makes sense to put the "next breeding opportunity" times in there, too. smile.gif )

Edited by Lastalda

I've a pygmy rainbow spiral lineage I've been working on for a while now, this is the most recent step in the lineage. Thought I'd show it off, I don't see many people who appreciate pygmies. poptartFINALTINY.gif

I've a pygmy rainbow spiral lineage I've been working on for a while now, this is the most recent step in the lineage. Thought I'd show it off, I don't see many people who appreciate pygmies. poptartFINALTINY.gif

That is very pretty. I love the pygmies, too, and am working on a couple of lineages with them, but not rainbows.

Hi everybody!

I am working for a while now on a rainbow lineage with the different colours of the Stripes.

It will be an Even Gen lineage with 6 generations. It contains only Stripes, except the CB mates for the CB starting stripes.

I tried to give a picture of what the 5th Gens will look like, here they are:

=y]male Black Stripe

and

female 5th Gen Black Stripe

I hope the last 2 Generations will not take so much time and effort as the 3rd and 4th generation needed. tongue.gif

Best regards

Aulendil

Edited by Aulendil

That is beautiful, Aulendil! Good luck with getting it finished. smile.gif

Lastalda, hat17, and Aulendil I love what you have done! Gorgeous rainbows every one!

I just found this dragon on my scroll. (I love when I find great things I had forgotten.) I am sure I got it because of its Z code, but as I am looking at it now, I see the beginnings of a rainbow. What do you think?

http://dragcave.net/lineage/z17IF

edited for typing-fail

And now I have bred this to go with it for the bottom of the rainbow. smile.gif Still a long way to a full rainbow, but progress. I had a lot of trouble getting that Red Dorsal!

This thread has been quiet for a very long time. Does anyone else have progress to report?

Edited by purplehaze

Yay for progress! biggrin.gif

I'm currently not working on any rainbows, but am always delighted to see those of others! biggrin.gif

And they liked each other and gave me the right color egg on the first try!!!

Wanted to pop into this thread and FINALLY show off the results of over a year of collecting and breeding, both because I'm proud of the lineage and because I'm hoping that someone might have some similar rainbow goodness that I can use as a mate for this beautiful guy!

White dragon, rainbow lineage

Wanted to pop into this thread and FINALLY show off the results of over a year of collecting and breeding, both because I'm proud of the lineage and because I'm hoping that someone might have some similar rainbow goodness that I can use as a mate for this beautiful guy!

Very pretty! I'm afraid nothing I have would make a mate for him, though.

It's beautiful! I personally would leave the lineage finished as is, as it won't get any more perfect than this. tongue.gif

Can I maybe get a sibling? *puppy eyes*

I'm debating trying to do a rainbow lineage but can't seem to find a list that shows all the current dragons in their gradients. I use rainbow sort but that doesn't really work for what I'm planning. Anyone have a list I could use?