Blackin

Life of Pi

I borrowed it from the school library and gonna read it!!! Looking forward to it! i so wanna see the movie!

I've read the book a couple of times. I find until the shipwreck that the story is a little boring - once Pi is shipwrecked then it gets far more interesting.

I saw the movie and just loved it! The visual effects and story were very well done.

I love, love, loooove the book- every page of it. I'd like to ask the author how he came up with the idea of the parasitic seaweed island thingy someday.

Edited by Andrius1z

I'm progressing through it very slowly. Downside of this is that I found that I thought about the story differently every time I read the book.

I read a huge chunk and then put it down for a few weeks... Read some more of it and found that I thought differently about it all the time. It's quite a thought-provoking book though. :3 I guess with this kind of effect, you can get people reading the story over and over with different thoughts.

I (unfortunately) haven't seen the movie, but I tend to prefer the book over movies anyway. With a book like this, I don't want to be let down by the movie (like what happened with Eragon). tongue.gif

I remember reading it in 5th grade. Didn't get the meaning behind it but LOVED the book. I picked it up last year and I read it again. It sort of hit me with a new swing. I watched the movie, really loved it - I'm actually surprised they got most of it. Movies are usually a hurry-burry dissapointment. But Life of Pi actually 'got it' and the visual effects were AMAZING ohmy.gif

I read it all in a couple hours. Quite a good book. I got freaked out by the carnivorous island though, couldn't sleep that night. tongue.gif