angelicdragonpuppy

Lineage restoration of dragons with dead ancestors

Yep. Not happy about it either. Neither side got anything good. Both sides are now pissed. I enjoy my deadlines. But they mean nothing now. Yay. :[

I feel bad for those who worked hard on lineages both dead and alive.

SURELY it will be fixed...right? Lol.

I wont get my hopes up anymore.

I think we can only assume that this is a data-saving phase and all will be well sometime in the future.

Of course, a few of us may have passed to the Great Dragon Hunting Grounds in the Sky by then....

Bumping this thread because the problem still exist. I want my deadliners back as the way they were! mad.gif

If there is a concern with the nillas doing the research (wary of other breeds) why not have the gilded bloodscales do it? They are always investigating things and even if other dragons don't like them they can do the foot and leg work to figure out family trees.

I personally suspect the dead dragons change was instigated by this topic.  This problem is it doesn't help the people with ruined lineages, and it pissed off the deadliners.

+1 on this, I think so too.

Talking to walls, maybe they'll answer:

Just tell me who is going to pay for all those EXPENSIVE dragons I traded for with various deadline usage in my mind. I want my money back. :\

Not really paid with money lol..but you get the point. I'm extremely upset, because why do old people get to retain their deadlines? If you gonna be ruining them, ruin them ALL and please don't single out the recent cases only. There are better ways to retain/show lineage than whitewashing on hard work of so many people. I suggested this before somewhere else too. There can just be a custom link to go to for checking parentage of dead dragons. For eg.

dragcave.net/view/deceased/CODE - to view dragon page

dragcave.net/lineage/deceased/CODE - to view lineage of dead dragon

dragcave.net/progeny/deceased/CODE

so on..

It wouldn't have ticked me off so much if the whole thing about retaining dead dragon's code/name in lineage view wasn't implemented. It has completely ruined the uniformity that was one of the greatest USP of deadlines. Not everyone wants to make deadlines to hide their messy dragons, some of us are part of the dark side you know. ;3 I've killed my perfectly clean CB dragons too because I love making deadline lineage.. but now.. *sigh* And like angelicdragonpuppy said, the current solution doesn't even address the problem highlighted in this thread, then what good did it do at all?

Edited by Amaterasu-sama

I'm extremely upset, because why do old people get to retain their deadlines? If you gonna be ruining them, ruin them ALL and please don't single out the recent cases only.

I'd like the uniformity back, too, but I'm pretty sure the current situation isn't meant to single out recent deadlines/privilege old ones. The only reason older deadlines aren't ruined is that they can't be - the data was deleted.

I really hope TJ switches back to showing (Deceased) for dead dragons someday. I don't mind keeping the data and linking it, but the visible codes have killed my enthusiasm for deadlines. That small change would make a huge difference.

I'm hoping that this is just a temporary measure until TJ can make a solution for both sides of this issue. After all, finding and implementing a solution can't be a small thing to do, on top of everything else he has to do to run DC. In the meantime, data was being deleted which would prevent any eventual solution from fixing the affected lineages, so better to start keeping that even if the problem can't be solved right now.

Even though people whose lineages were ruined by killed dragons are disappointed for now, at least there's hope that their problem will one day be fixed. Without the data, there would be no possible way to fix those lineages.

Ooh, I didn't understand why some dead dragons were different from others, so I'm glad I read this!

I would very much support an action where if there were no dead dragons in the lineage at the time we got the egg, we could see the lineage how it was when we got it. Not even passing the research on or anything like that - just for our own personal viewing.

I would also very strongly support it to allow us to change the view of any zombies that weren't in the lineage when we got the egg back to what they were.