Exorian

What did you have for breakfast?

A bacon and egg sandwich. Actually, it was closer to noon. I don't normally do breakfast, unless coffee counts.

Biscuits and Sausage Gravy

YUM. I love that.

I skipped breakfast...you shouldn't skip breakfast though it's the most important meal of the day

So a couple weeks ago I thought, wouldn't it be nice if I had some stuff made in the freezer for lunch. That lead to pinterest and entire collections of freezer meals. Some of which had breakfest sections. In those breakfast sections was... Baked Oatmeal.

I have never heard of such a thing, but it looked good. I had some peaches in the freezer that weren't sweet enough for smoothies and somewhat old. And some fresh eggs from my sister. And a big thing of Oatmeal from Costco. So, I gave it a shot.

It's amazingly good. I had to make myself not eat another bowl and I made two more batches for the freezer. They are now all in little baggies awaiting my reheating pleasure. I made another peach with pecans and blueberry with almonds. Here's the recipe should someone be inclined:

Peaches and Cream Baked Oatmeal

Only change I made, half sugar with a bit of truvia and a teaspoonish of molasses. Brown sugar can be "made" by mixing white sugar and molasses in a pinch, and I've found oatmeal does fine with other sweeteners.

Triple Berry Baked Oatmeal

I made a lot of changes to this one. But, I get quarts of blueberries every year from my mom's garden. So, I"m pretty familiar and comfy with altering blueberry recipes to taste. That and I thought I had blackberries in the freezer. I was wrong. Sadness. But basically, I mixed the spices into the batter instead of doing hte crumb topping. Partly because I was freezing this. Seemed pointless to do a crumb topping when I'm going to be breaking it up.

I had a pear and a handful of grapes, but I really want a peach now after reading about the baked oatmeal wub.gif

Oatmeal with chia, flax, craisins, and honey along with a cup of hot lime water with honey

The farmer's market in my town has these delicious tiny jalapeño cheese bagels like half the size of regular bagels. I have one for breakfast every Saturday~