tridymite

Get purple eggs from UVs?

Throwing in another support for this. All hybrids should make both parents baby's. It just makes sense. xd.png

This. Exactly.

I don't see why we can have Spitfires and no Purples out of UVs. And if this does get implimented, I say that Spitfire and Purple offspring chance should be equal, not skewed in some way.

This definitely gets my support. I love Ultraviolets, and since spitfires have a chance of being produced, why not purples?

And quoting twofists-

"this is something that should be possible for every hybrid"- it would be nice for such things to happen to other hybrids too, making the game even more interesting.

I like this idea! This just makes sense, IMO.

Bite me, plz... but I think that they DO produce purples as well, just like the goldfishs produce both magi and water...

I think there's some confusion here somewhere.

Ultraviolets look like purples and spitfires just like goldfish look like magis and waters.

You can get a purple egg if you breed an ultraviolet and purple dragon together just like you can get a magi or water if you breed a goldfish and magi or water together.

But you can't get a magi or water if you breed a goldfish to a goldfish. You can't get a purple if you breed an ultraviolet to an ultraviolet. You can get a spitfire no matter what you breed an ultraviolet to, be it a purple, another ultraviolet, or a mint.

o.o

~

Since JOTB is down, I support. I just hope other hybrids stay non-retroactive. xP

Support! This makes complete sense to me. And, based on my math, maybe make a 25% chance of getting a Purple, since Spitfires seem to be the dominate in this equation. But then again, it's possible to get both parents' breeds from the Spitfire x Purple pairing so my math is a little off.

Throwing in another support for this. All hybrids should make both parents baby's. It just makes sense. xd.png

I support for this same reason. I had no idea UVs couldn't produce Purples from a UV x UV pairing.

I assume JOTB is the artist behind the UVs?

My knee-jerk reaction to the thread title was no, but now I can't remember why. I don't collect UVs so I never even thought about this, but it really does make sense.

Support!

And quoting twofists-

"this is something that should be possible for every hybrid"- it would be nice for such things to happen to other hybrids too, making the game even more interesting.

No, the other hybrids stay as they are!

The UVs only got my attention because they can make spitfires and UV offspring. 2 blunas or 2 goldfeesh will never ever give water/deepsea or magi/skywing offspring!

Its just that 2 UVs should produce purples too. Thats all.

Yes, the other hybrids must stay as they are. This should be just for UV's. ^^

Edited by TheGrox

Yes, the other hybrids must stay as they are. This should be just for UV's. ^^

Agree with this. smile.gif I'd like the UVs to have a chance to give a purple but want the other hybrids to remain as they are.

If we can get spitfires, we should have Purples.

Support.

Support from me also.

I support this and I agree it should only be for the ultraviolets. I would open up a lot of possibilities of lineage building and maybe give us more of a reason to pick up spitfires since they are sometimes cave blockers.

Aquamyrine

I suppose due to 3rd gen offspring having the chance to show "reverse" genes from their grandparents (what is the actual name for this? I forget) this would be technically correct to have in cave.

Edited by Ashywolf

I didn't know we couldn't get purples from UVs! Why only spits?

I'm on board with this! I think it would make for some pretty cool purple/spit/uv only lineages!

I didn't know we couldn't get purples from UVs! Why only spits?

I'm on board with this! I think it would make for some pretty cool purple/spit/uv only lineages!

And I didn't know we could get spitfires from UVs! tongue.gif Probably because I never breed them.

I agree, if we get one parent species, why not the other?

I like the idea, I don't see why if they can breed spitfires the ultraviolets can't breed purples as well.

This, really. I wanted to create a nice lineage with them when I first heard about the hybrids.

Add my +1 to the notion. The possibilities are already running through my head. smile.gif

Interesting, I came in here thinking you wanted to give people eggs for gaining enough unique views.