Moonlight_Eevee

East

I thought this book was pretty weird and was wondering if anyone else read this

Edited by Raptor of Dragons

East by Edith Pattou? I've read it.

I like the legend of the girl meeting the polar bear, and I like Pattou's writing. But I hated how the story's POV changed with every chapter. It got on my nerves.

I really enjoyed that book. I like almost all retellings of fairy tales. I read it sometime last year, and I might reread it.

I didn' like the Troll Queen. I thought she was a meanie mad.gif

If you're interested in reading other books about the legend of the Polar Bear and the girl, you can try Ice by Sarah Beth Durst and Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow by Jessica Day George.

Both are very good. (:

I remember enjoying it at the time... of course that was in middle school, so you can take that for what it's worth...

I agree with IvyMarie. East has to be one of my favorite books.

There have been several other rewrites of "The Polar Bear King", but, of all the ones I've read, East is still the best.

I read it and thought it was a great book. I liked how so much of the myth was incorporated, but the author still put an original spin on it. I especially liked it being centered around the cardinal directions.

I really loved that book. I liked how hard she worked just to get him back, but I didn't like when he left her, but it turned out okay.

Read it before, it is awesome and indulging! It's also called North Child. smile.gif

Edited by Lamp

I remember reading it awhile ago. I think it was a very good book, I also love retelling of fairytales <3