Obscure_Trash

Textually Change the B) Smilie

Support from me too.

It's annoying to have it pop up in lists and it's annoying to remember such detail when writing.

Right below the post box if you choose 'add reply'. It's not a forum setting. x3

Haxed the subtitle to take out 8) as a choice, since that was pointed out and majority is swayed elsewhere, anyway. =p

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that a lowercase b triggered it too!

Majority seems to be saying B-).

o3o

ah, I usually use quick reply, that'll be why I didn't notice X)

Wait, there's a [dis/en]able emoticons box? Where? o-o

Right below the post box if you choose 'add reply'. It's not a forum setting. x3

I might be wrong here but if I disable emoticons and someone quotes me, doesn't it shows emoticons in the quote?

*Disable emoticons in this post* A) B) C) :P

I might be wrong here but if I disable emoticons and someone quotes me, doesn't it shows emoticons in the quote?

*Disable emoticons in this post* A) cool.gif C) tongue.gif

Testing; yes.

Edited by gistofeverything

*Disable emoticons in this post* A) cool.gif C) tongue.gif

Yea, if you're quoted and the quoter doesn't disable emotes it shows as an emote. The text is in the new post, so sadly your settings don't apply anymore.

Thanks guys.

My point was this: even if someone is aware of the cool.gif the next person might not be (or wants emoticons in their own post) and the listing gets ruined by quoting.

I vote for B-)

Oh, REALLY agree on this one! I don't hate emoticons in general, but when that stupid smiley pops up in a post where it very obviously isn't intended... Very annoying.

Add my 'please, yes!' to the vote. I can't tell you the number of times I have edited a list to a numbered system because I hate the sunglasses emoti ruining it.

I use a} b} instead.

But I'd LOVE to see the back of cool.gif altogether. I don't even get why anyone would WANT it. What is it FOR ?

I support anything that makes it very unlikely to show up xd.png

There are actually emoticons I'm missing here on this forum. Like an embarrassed red-in-the-face Oopsie one. ^^'

But I'd LOVE to see the back of cool.gif altogether. I don't even get why anyone would WANT it. What is it FOR ?

But it makes you look cool if you end your posts with a cool sunglasses-smiley cool.gif

I don't want it getting rid of altogether tongue.gif.

However, what about making it more complicated to make the cool.gif smiley? What about the poor newbies that don't know of the enlongated smiley?

Is this sarcasm?

If not I'm pretty sure no poor newbies will be suffering if they're lacking the obnoxious sun glass smiley. I'm with fuzz in that I'd rather not see it altogether.

But it makes you look cool if you end your posts with a cool sunglasses-smiley cool.gif

I don't want it getting rid of altogether tongue.gif.

Can't agree there. I think it makes you look like you picked the wrong smiley.... xd.png

Can't agree there. I think it makes you look like you picked the wrong smiley.... xd.png

but fuzz aren't i cool cool.gif

look at me rocking those sunglasses

I've never had my b or 8 change but I can see where this seems to be needed so it has my support.

Zomg. Yes PLEASE this. I can't count the number of times I've had to go back and re-order lists with numbers rather than letters because of that stupid smiley (which I like to use in other circumstances. But look at it there, just trolling in a list like it don't even care...)

Full support for switching to B-) or 8-).

I absolutely support this. B-) seems like the best option, to me, since it's close to the old one but not likely to be used for any other purpose.