TJ09

2013-01-17 - Moderator Applications

Good luck to the current mods - I hope they get some nice applicants to pick from xd.png

Good luck to the applicants as well as TJ09 (having to go through all those PMs...) happy.gif

May the best application/applicant win.

Good luck to everyone applying. I just dont have the time to be on here enough. So im not going to apply this year. PLUS! Im not level 4. haha Maybe another time. ;D

Edited by DarkDragonXD

Tempted to apply since this is the sort of thing I'm good at but I doubt I'd be able to dedicate the time on a regular basis.

Obviously there is a lot of new features, I woudn't mind seeing how the interface works etc.

Edited by Ashywolf

Actually the last mod APs were asked for in Jan. 2011 http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=110486 and announced on Apr 1, 2011 http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=114268

edit: Oops Missed the IRC HOps from March of 2012 http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=134538

Ohh I thought you were a mod much longer than that Ruby,

*very late* congrats tongue.gif

No Site Dicussion? Aww... but that also means Ruby must be doing an awesome job!

I want to, but I don't. I think I should wait for the next time this happens ^^

No Site Dicussion? Aww... but that also means Ruby must be doing an awesome job!

I want to, but I don't. I think I should wait for the next time this happens ^^

Ruby does an epic job. We bug her so much over on BSA Gifters, and she's so helpful and just amazing smile.gif

EDIT:

On topic, won't be applying, but gl to all who do, I look forward to bugging you for annoying trivial and stupid matters in the future tongue.gif

Edited by Emeraldmay

Just sent in my application, I hope I didn't forget anything unsure.gif

Best of luck to everyone else who applied!

I'd apply, but I'm fairly sure I fail at that fourth bullet in just about every section of the forum.

Ah well.

Haha I really feel your pain, same here xd.png except maybe not every section. Don't worry, I'm well on my way though.

I would apply since I waste lots of time on the computer at times not many mods are one (helps that I live in Europe) and I can be very fair and understanding when I need to, but first of all I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be picked, and secondly I like to lie to myself and pretend I don't waste so much time. If I had to actually commit to spend time then it would be like making my time wasting real. Yeah, denial and all that.

I would apply since I waste lots of time on the computer at times not many mods are one (helps that I live in Europe) and I can be very fair and understanding when I need to, but first of all I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be picked, and secondly I like to lie to myself and pretend I don't waste so much time. If I had to actually commit to spend time then it would be like making my time wasting real. Yeah, denial and all that.

This. I've actually.considered trying for the help moderator (so that I can say that I'm not wasting time), but I very rarely come to the dragon requests and I think I would be completely out of place there.

*sigh* darn, only level 3. dry.gif

another thing, I'm online a lot... oh well, hope we get some good mods happy.gif

EDIT: whoops, level four! I'm goin fo it! xd.png What do you guys think I would be good at?

Edited by urge101

Meh, I'm really tempted to apply, but I feel like no one around here really notices me much, and when they do I feel like they think I am annoying.

...although that does kind of make sense, I am pretty annoying at times.

I wonder when we'll find out who makes the cut :3 I can't wait! Good luck to all!

Edited by PieMaster

Meh, I'm really tempted to apply, but I feel like no one around here really notices me much, and when they do I feel like they think I am annoying.

...although that does kind of make sense, I am pretty annoying at times.

I kind of felt the same way but applied anyway. I say you apply. I've interacted with you before (and notice you quite often!). You're pretty stellar. Go for it!

I kind of felt the same way but applied anyway.  I say you apply.  I've interacted with you before (and notice you quite often!).  You're pretty stellar.  Go for it!

biggrin.gif Thanks!

Guess I'll try it then.

*EDIT*

To current mods, when you applied, did you write like a letter, or a bulleted list of reasons you should be chosen, or what? Should it be really formal, or just say why you feel you are qualified? Does it matter?

*EDIT II* Also, is Magical Admin a proper title for TJ?

Edited by TVTD

biggrin.gif Thanks!

Guess I'll try it then.

*EDIT*

To current mods, when you applied, did you write like a letter, or a bulleted list of reasons you should be chosen, or what? Should it be really formal, or just say why you feel you are qualified? Does it matter?

*EDIT II* Also, is Magical Admin a proper title for TJ?

I just listed my experience and why I thought I'd make a good mod.

This. I've actually.considered trying for the help moderator (so that I can say that I'm not wasting time), but I very rarely come to the dragon requests and I think I would be completely out of place there.

I applied for help mod but after reading that I just realised I never really go into Dragon Requests.... If I get accepted (doubt it) i will have to look into that tongue.gif

I wonder when we'll find out who makes the cut :3 I can't wait! Good luck to all! But especially to me

Last time was around April.

If expect around that it later considering there will be more applications than last time.

I'd love to be a mod... (THE POWER! BWUAHAHA wink.gif)... but my real concern is the time commitment.

Does anyone have an idea of how many hours a week a mod is expected to/actually spends online moderating?

I'd love to be a mod... (THE POWER! BWUAHAHA wink.gif)... but my real concern is the time commitment.

Does anyone have an idea of how many hours a week a mod is expected to/actually spends online moderating?

It probably dosnt matter as long as your on dailey and do you job biggrin.gif

I just listed my experience and why I thought I'd make a good mod.

You're already an awesome mod. And green would be a good color on you. xd.png