TJ09

2013-01-17 - Moderator Applications

I actually considered applying this time (it never really appealed to me before) but I think I'll pass again this time.

Plus I have no mod experience so TJ would probably prefer someone who knows what they're doing. XP

Good luck to all that apply! I'm sure whoever is chosen will do a great job. smile.gif

You're already an awesome mod. And green would be a good color on you. xd.png

I agree with that for Ruby xd.png

How's a Global Mod chosen anyway?

Hmm. I would LOVE to have power, but I kind of hero-worship the mods (well, at least one... *glances at sig*) and I don't think I could ever be as awesome as they are. So I won't be applying.

Besides, I feel like I annoy people a lot, so I don't think that would be good. laugh.gif Or, maybe I just annoy myself. wink.gif

How's a Global Mod chosen anyway?

Typically, one is promoted from each section. GD want included last time because of its lack of mods

Good luck to all of the applicants!

This forum seems like it would be a great place to moderate, but my level isn't high enough and I don't think people would be very familiar with who I am since I mostly stalk around.

Early congrats to those who are chosen!

I'm just curious, was this just an attempt at upping the mods or is someone stepping down? I love my mods and I hope none of them have to go.

I'm just curious, was this just an attempt at upping the mods or is someone stepping down? I love my mods and I hope none of them have to go.

I hope no one's stepping down. I like our mods. biggrin.gif But if they do, I'm sure they have their reasons and I totally respect their decision.

I just hope my favorite doesn't leave! I won't have anyone to fangirl over!

(No, I'm not saying who my fav is.) wink.gif

From what I've seen, there's applications every two years. It's not necessarily true that mods leave. That's just what generally happens.

*blushes* Have decided to throw my hat into the ring. Application has been sent. Figure that I'm almost always online, when I'm not working, so I might as well do something I think I'd love. And I would love to be in such awesome company! DC's Mods are awesome wub.gif And no, that wasn't a feeble attempt at sucking up laugh.gif

Good luck to everyone!

Changed my mind. I love my anonymity tongue.gif

Edited by CDM

Good luck to everyone applying! The mods here are so special. It always amazes me how exceptionally temperate, helpful, tireless (etc.) they are here compared to so many other sites.

*blushes*  Have decided to throw my hat into the ring.  Application has been sent.  Figure that I'm almost always online, when I'm not working, so I might as well do something I think I'd love.  And I would love to be in such awesome company!  DC's Mods are awesome wub.gif  And no, that wasn't a feeble attempt at sucking up laugh.gif

Good luck to everyone!

Woah, I don't stand a chance. You are such an amazing person (I believe you glomped me a white stripe a long time ago?).

Well, for what its worth, I sent in my application. Maybe I will be able to be the next Help Moderator! Although again, I doubt my chances, I'd choose CDM over me in a second. (maybe you tried for a different section?)

I'm really thinking of applying for RP. Not sure if I should.

You should go for it. No harm in trying, after all.

I'm really thinking of applying for RP. Not sure if I should.

Go for it gist!

A few questions I saw in the thread that I thought I'd help answer:

-How to do your app:

However you feel is best. List, letter, resume, whatever. We've seen quite a few styles. We care more about the time you put into the forum and your app and what it says than what style you do. Be true to yourself.

-How global mods are chosen:

Just like we ask for section mod apps when we need section mods, we hold global apps for when we need global mods. Last time, when section apps were going on, we also had global apps between the mods and mods who felt they could help as a global applied to TJ. I remember when I first applied, global mod apps were actually open with the section mod apps, but I don't believe any non-mods were chosen for it.

-Why we're looking for new sections:

We need them, lol. A lot of the current mods (such as myself) have new or busier time commitments and so some of the sections have gone lacking in mod attention.

~

I can't wait to see the applications and welcome some new meat to the team. :3

It would be great to see new mods:)

I don't post much and usually just stalk around, but I've been in the forum long enough to know who the current mods are. They all looked like wonderful people, and I hope none of them are leaving.

Good luck to the new applicants! smile.gif Haven't modded here but have in another place. From my experience, taking care of a place that you love can be highly rewarding. Some labors of love are very, very worth it. Modding is definitely one of them.

This. I've actually.considered trying for the help moderator (so that I can say that I'm  not wasting time), but I very rarely come to the dragon requests and I think I would be completely out of place there.

*cough* this *cough*

I think I might go for it anyway - I've got nothing to lose xd.png Whenever I'm online, either the mods are lurking or there aren't many on. I usually spend my whole life on the computer unless I'm ill or have a lot of work to do (rarely).

(Was thinking of waiting until next time, but eh.)

And thank you, Sock, for the little pointers happy.gif Good luck to all the other applicants! <3

Edited by cfmtfm

I think it'd be cool to apply, since I'm posting here often anyways laugh.gif Though, I'd be worried that I wouldn't do a good enough job, as this forum is quite big ^^; If I did apply, I'd either go with Help Mod or General Discussion Mod :3

*Edit* Made a typo ^^;

Edited by FluffyPillow

I say go for it CFMTFM, worst thing that can happen is that they say no and maybe you can find out why and work on it... then the next time they have an opening you can try again biggrin.gif

Best of luck to all the new Mods and Thank You for your time!