TJ09

2013-01-17 - Moderator Applications

It's that time again. Applications for forum and chat moderator positions are now open. To apply, send me a PM explaining why you think that you are a good fit for your position of choice. Applications will be read by both myself and the other moderators, so keep that in mind.

Requirements:

• Don't post here with your application. Posts don't magically turn into PMs.
  • Please include the section you're applying for in the subject of the PM or it may be misfiled or ignored.
  • You must be at least level 4. (A.K.A have at least 200 posts)
  • Being on good terms with the current mods (especially those in the section you're applying for) is a plus.
  • You must have at most a current warn level of 10%. Past warn history will be taken into account, but it won't hurt you too much.
  • Application Deadline: Midnight EST, February 1
The positions:

Help Moderator

Help moderators are in charge of the flood of help questions that need to be quickly answered. They also have to deal with the suggestions forum and do almost everything involving Dragon Requests (including but not limited to approving new requests, moving requests to completed, and updating the progress list).

General Discussion Moderator

Mods in the GD section are in charge of the largest area, both in terms of the number of forums as well as the subject depth. GD mods must ensure discussions are flowing smoothly—but remaining on topic.

RP Moderator

RP mods are in charge of the RP section, including managing approvers as well as personally approving RPs, and keeping RPs and OOC threads on track.

Half-op (Chat)

Half-ops are, as their name implies, less than full "chat mods," but still have most of the same powers in the DC IRC channel(s). They are responsible for maintaining order in the chat and upholding its rules.

If only I was level 4... Oh well. Good luck to those applying.

Edited by lundfamily3

Awesome. Its about time we recruit some new faces around here.

(may have only posted to get this post on top.. good luck folks!)

It'll be great to have some new colleagues~ Good luck to anyone who applies!

I wish I could try for one of them but I know I wouldn't do good as a mod. Good luck to those who try!

Hrrrnnnn now I'm doubting whether I should apply or not. On the one hand I really want to, but on the other I already have a lot on my plate...

I'm going to have to think about this and see if my schedule allows for the time moderating takes.

Goodluck People!!!

biggrin.gif

Edit< First Page! And I sent my app in!

Edited by pinkieseb

I'd apply, but I'm fairly sure I fail at that fourth bullet in just about every section of the forum.

Ah well.

Good luck to all applicants! wink.gif

Just wondering why isn't there an opening for SD mod - rubyshoes must be doing alright on her own. xd.png

No positions for site discussion? Ruby, you're doing a good job clearly x3

LOL Yeah, I didn't think I needed any more help (other than our wonderful Globals that help out) - I'm on my computer about 13 hours a day on average and can usually jump on reports rather quickly.

That time again already?

Good luck to all of the applicants~

Edited by gistofeverything

ill wait till i am better, and more calmed in life............maybe....

good luck to all those who apply

I'm homeschooled and I pretty much do nothing but be on the computer all day....

It would be pretty cool to have some more responsibilities.

I might apply! biggrin.gif (As soon as I get to level 4, which will be soon)