dark_kitsune

The DC Time machine

So how about you? If you could go back....what would you change, if anything?

I wouldn't have gone on my hiatuses. Sure, I never had luck at catching eggs, but at least I would have the chance to say "I tried". I missed several years of Holiday dragons, and when I came back, I learned Bright Pinks and Frills had been discontinued. I was particularly distressed about this, because I adore both sprites and wanted to collect them. Frills especially.

I also regret the fact I was not around for all the little holiday celebrations, particularly the Easter ones. My scroll feels kind of pitiful next to the ones who have been around as long as I have, but were active the entire time. :B

I would have gotten the Marrows when they were released. I was at the cave by the time, but I totally forgot Halloween (as we don't really celebrate it here).

Also, I would stuff myself with coppers. I still need a CB brown to have a complete collection.

Let's see, would have grabbed CB black and bright pinks when they were alllll over the place >.< Instead I stayed mostly in the abandoned page because I didn't know which eggs where which based on the description.

Joined the forum sooner and known about the news section and gotten a vampire when they first came out.

Oh and not had a derp moment and completely forgotten about easter 2012. Only year I have missed so far >.< I remembered two days later sleep.gif

That's all I can think of at the moment.

1. I would go back to the time when we could get Frills and Bright Pinks, so I would spam my scroll with them.

2. Get CBs of all Holidays.

3. Keep a CB Gold unfrozen ._.

Like many others, I'd have loaded up with CB Frills and Old Pinks...

Edit: I must say, though, that I personally don't miss having hunting limited to 3 minutes at the hourly Drop, or repeatedly peeking at an empty AP we'd breed just to get something into for others.

It was especially hard on people with limited time to play, although we sort of have similar results in the Cave a lot of the time with the Blocker problem making it darned near impossible to get at anything we want without a LOT of people continually loading up on unwanted dragons, especially at DC night, which rather sucks for night owls and Aussies and others, many of whom, going by the numbers, don't much bother with Cave hunting anymore, except maybe at the hourly change.

Edited by Syphoneira

If I could go back, I would be more attentive and participated in all the holiday drops as well as pick up the Frills and pinks that often flooded the AP... I also hunted for the rarer eggs instead of the more common ones and still do now. I guess I won't learn.

I too, wish I could go back and start playing sooner. I don't mind not getting CB holidays of the years before I started, I quite like the ones I got, but I really wish I could have FRILLS. sad.gif

- Collected more Old Pinks and lineaged Frills

- Bred my CB Silver to SOMETHING OTHER THAN A MESSY VINE FOR A YEAR >8C

- Spent more time hunting for Metals during the Great Metal Boom

- Frozen a CB Female SW instead of a Male (I thought he was a she... OTL)

- Not frozen my 2nd CB female Pumpkin

- Have been around to get a CB Holly xd.png

Not flaked out and missed the last three new releases... >_< AGH! For some reason, after the DC Birthday release, I told myself "Oh, now there's no releases until Halloween, I can totally be less active now!" *kicks self*

I wish I could go back in time and:

Get the one badge I am missing from my scroll (Beat the heat - 2010 [the firework])

Get another old pink (as I seem to have a thing for having 2 of each dragon and that's the only one I only have one of [due to a dislike of the bright pink color, I only ever had the one])

Other than these - I have no reason to want to rewind the clock of Dragon Cave

I wish could go back in time and:

get 1 CB Holly

get mor Pinks and Frills

and really really enjoy a few drops as they were when I started....

Only 1 Biome, drop over in 3 Minutes, all eggs grabbed and gone so quick - ahh and think of the time when the AP truly emptied again and again. Am I dreaming of good old days, or was hunting more fun than....?

I was actually here when old pinks and frills were here, but I never got CBs of either of them. ( .__.)

So I'd definitely get some of those, and I would get all the holidays that I've missed (a lot since I went on hiatus for almost 3 years)

and really really enjoy a few drops as they were when I started....

Only 1 Biome, drop over in 3 Minutes, all eggs grabbed and gone so quick - ahh and think of the time when the AP truly emptied again and again. Am I dreaming of good old days, or was hunting more fun than....?

In all honesty, the first CB I actually caught was in 2010. I didn't start catching CBs reliably until after The Change. Before that, I couldn't even catch Commons as CBs: I had to get everything from the AP. As slow as they are, I prefer the current Biome system.

Back then the AP was a terrible nuciance, because if it was full, nothing dropped. And it didn't have the mostly ok lineages of the AP today: back then nearly everything was Inbred. And if it wasn't Inbred, it tended to be very messy. tongue.gif I didn't like only being able to pick up people's leftovers, as it were.

I do greatly appreciate the ability to use Influence, Incubate, Fertility, and Teleport. So even if I could rewind, I wouldn't want to stay in the past for long. xd.png

I would have joined sooner and been here to get every CB holiday dragon. tongue.gif My favourite Christmas, Halloween and Valentine dragons were all the ones I just missed out on. Typical. rolleyes.gif

Edited by StormWizard212

1. Not have missed all the holiday releases I missed by not being on

2. Catch the frills I never got around to catching

3. Tell my self not to take breaks from DC

I was so grateful unlike a lot of you I got 5 3 of them being cb frills-one being a dorkface and 2 of the old pinks. Found that one of my golds preferred them in getting a gold egg. I can remember how plentiful they were in the AP.

I joined in Sept of 2008 and my first draggie was a grey. Missed out on the Hollys but eventually managed to nab one in the AP and also got gifted one. They are not Cb but hey so long as I got 2 I don't care. The only one that is still eluding me is a CB silver--closest thing I got to it is 2-2nd gens that I snafooed from the AP as eggs. And of course the cb green copper egg

Even tho they are no longer available you would think TJ could allow the ones whom do have them (cb pinks as well as frills) to be able to breed them to get bred ones and offer them to anybody that never got any. I am sure a lot of yous wouldn't care if they were 2nd gen ones right???

Edited by LuvDragons

Not join this site. Not that there is anything wrong with the game or the people who play it, but my original reason for joining was better understanding a particular demographic and it did nothing to really increase or change perceptions on said demographic.

Like so many others I'd make a quick dash back in time to snag a nice 2gen Holly, loads of the Original Pinks a few more frills and the 09 Valentines and more SW's, and Marrows. I'd make sure to get on the Thuwed list early on too.

I also had a really hard time getting CBs in the earlier days, the entire population of DC was sitting there, palms sweaty, fingers a-twitch, eyes glued to the screen, every bit of energy and concentration aimed at those three little slots. I'd just spazz-click, moving the cursor from eggslot to eggslot hoping to get practically ANYthing.

And then I'd hurry back.

I've played this game since '08 (I think...that's when I joined the forum anyways) but still managed to miss out on so many things. I wish I would've stock piled Old Pinks and Frills, and amassed far more CB Metals when they were glitchy and dropped like flies (I even froze a CB Gold back then blink.gif ). I also missed all the CB Holidays prior to 2012 Valentines.

I pick the worst times to take hiatus'. rolleyes.gif

I've been playing for... a long time, but well, I took lots of hiatuses. Mostly not on purpose. Mostly I just kind of forgot about the site. So due to that there's lots of dragons I'd like to grab.

But most of all I just wished I'd gotten more Frills. I only have two... One frozen, one not. I'm happy with them, but more couldn't hurt.

Not join this site. Not that there is anything wrong with the game or the people who play it, but my original reason for joining was better understanding a particular demographic and it did nothing to really increase or change perceptions on said demographic.

Well, on the plus side, you've verified your previous impression?

Lol, I didn't put down catching a CB Holly, because from what I've heard, they were far and few between and almost impossible to catch, but since we are talking fantasy, then yeah, wish I'd joined early enough to get one, and then also more time to accumulate CB Pinks and Frills, with the limited spaces available back then.

Edit: the Typo Queen haz mystical ability to type only the 1st letter of 'and', and not even notice... evidently needz new fingers, too...

Edited by Syphoneira