dark_kitsune

The DC Time machine

So I was sitting at my desk, checking the status of my eggs....and I thought back to the day I discovered Dragon Cave.

Bright Pinks were considered a pest - as were Blacks. They would sit in the cave and no one would pick them up. Vines were also plentiful and it wasn't quite so hard to get CB metals.

My very first egg I grabbed was a Bright Pink - and I have a total of 5 of them on my scroll. I didn't really get any CB Blacks when I started...because I was clueless on lineages so I just nabbed whatever I saw in the AP, usually.

So if I could rewind and go back to the day I started - I would collect an army of Bright Pinks (I really do love the sprite - it's sooooo cute!) and I would snatch up every CB Black I could find. I would then breed them together and make some amazing even gen BP and Black lineages because they look so cool together biggrin.gif

So how about you? If you could go back....what would you change, if anything?

My very first egg I grabbed was a Bright Pink - and I have a total of 5 of them on my scroll. I didn't really get any CB Blacks when I started...because I was clueless on lineages so I just nabbed whatever I saw in the AP, usually.

Yup, that was me, too. I have two Bright Pinks, both AP grabs - I liked the AP better than the cave because I could see what I was nabbing!

Oh, and the friend who got me hooked? She tried to convince me to join during the first ever Christmas release. I finally relented and gave it a shot... in January of '08. Still facepalming over the fact that I waited.

If I could go back, I would have joined sooner.

I missed a lot of things and chances that will never come around again, and it's disheartening enough that I barely have the motivation to play any more.

join dc immediately after discovery, instead of dithering over becoming a member to a website for over a year. grab cb frills sooner instead of focusing on other breeds(although the style of dragon is not my favorite the detail and texture in it's coloring is awesome). remember to turn java back on before clicking abandon for a cb ice in my second trade ever with arcticfox. xd.png

that's about it. though the last on that list was more embarrassing than anything, though i did manage to catch another cb ice for AF about three months later.

I wouldn't have missed so many Holiday releases ... all the CB's that I will never get.

And if possible I would've joined a bit earlier and not missed Bright Pinks. If only I had known Frills were on their way out when I was new, I would have grabbed some CB's rather than the messy one and frozen hatchie I have now. =(

I would have at least one CB bright pink. That's my biggest regret, honestly. Every other thing I can still fix, more or less.

Well, I might have been more proactive about PMing tinsel owners.

I left for two years because there were no fansites or mentors that I could find when I first joined, and I couldn't get an egg to hatch. I wish I had been more persistent, because I completely missed the Frills and I really wish I could have 100+ CB Frills for breeding projects.

I also missed the easy availability of Blacks, Golds and Silvers. I finally completed my first pair of CB Blacks just this week, and am still trying for a second CB silver or Gold.

I also would have tried much harder to get the CB Marrows when they were released, still my favorite Halloween Dragon.

Would never have frozen that one CB Pumpkin, and would've stocked up on more CB Bright Pinks (wish I could trade some of my CB Frills for 'em... I like both sprites, but I have a ton of CB Frills versus only two CB Bright Pinks ;___; ). Also, y'know, joined in time to get a CB Holly.

If I could go back, I would have joined the forums sooner.

I started playing Dragon Cave in Oct 2008 but didn't join the forums until Jan 2009. Luckily I was able to grab original autumns, Halloween 2008 vampire, and original Yulebucks on my own without the forums.

I wish I found this amazing site sooner! I would have grabbed all those previous years dragons that you can't get plus the holidays.

Totally addicted to DC now! been just over a year!

I wouldn't have let my Christmas hatchlings die this year, and I would have tried harder for a gold or dino. *Sniff*

I should have joined when I found out about DC in 2009/10. My parents criticized that it was for people without lives, and I didn't like going against their wishes so I didn't join. I'm older now, and more rebellious. wink.gif

Also, I wish I had gone onto the AP a little while ago so I could have caught this Pink with a pretty Sweetling lineage. I collect anything with Sweetlings, and I saw someone posted they caught it. I was like "Noooo! I should have been on the AP so I could have gotten it!" laugh.gif

Well that's easy.

Catch more caveborns, instead of being lazy and picking stuff up from the AP. xd.png

Back when there was no lineage page it didn't matter so much but now I kick myself because I have so many messy dragons on my scroll. ]:

Don't freeze my CB seasonals and let the messy ones grow up!

Don't go on a 2 year hiatus?

And the obvious... more CB bright pinks and frills.

i probably woulda joined earlier so i could have had a bright pink and not had 2 be unfinished in my frill collecting

I started in April 2009 so very narrowly missed the Bright Pinks. At least I got two CB and one bred Frill. I could have had a lot more of those if i had realized they weren't going to be around forever.

I would never freeze my only CB bright pink and let the messy one grow...

I wouldn't have kept away from the site for 3 years and miss all cb pretties

I would try to join sooner and get cb hollies

I would get cb of everything instead of messy lineaged ones, although I do love them they aren't trade-worthy x.x

I would get an army of cb metallics since I saw them a lot, but never tried to catch them xd.png

I would have collected loads of frills, instead of taking hardly any notice of them and just ending up with one messy lineaged frill.

I would definitely make sure I caught a CB Holly and CB Yulebuck, and a CB of the first Valentine. Way back then dragons weren't really a priority. sad.gif I would also collect a dozen of each gender of Bright Pink and Frills!!!

I technically started in 2010, so I guess I'd make sure to pick up the old holidays. I still would've missed Bright pinks and Frills (the latter by about a month).

I guess I'd also make a list of all my trades. I've been wondering recently what my scroll'd look without trading.

If I could go back farther, I'd definitely pick up and old Pink and Frill (preferably two CBs of each).

Honestly though, if I could go back in time DC would be the last thing on my mind.

Join earlier for Frills/Bright Pinks O_O

Now I want to collect at LEAST one of every dragon so if they ever get discontinued I'll say "Oh well I have one!"

Not abandon that CB Dark Myst Pygmy...

Oh, and be around for the Valentine-Sharing event of 2012. I LOVE sharing things anonymously and I'm so sad I missed it sad.gif

Edited by Dracoscar

I joined just in time for the CB narrow to stop dropping. There was a last CB marrow in the AP when i first went there and i had absolutely no idea what it was and the value that it wielded. ;u;

Edited by suskekun222

1) Gotten a Frill that didn't have a mile-long list of ancestors.

2) Gotten more than one bright pink, even if they were all girls and I was trying to keep genders even.

3) Gotten more CB blacks instead of repeatedly breeding my one CB to other dragons with mile-long lineages trying to get that perfect alt sprite.

4) Bred my Ridgewings to fellow first gens and picked up a few more CBs in that quest towards the pretty tan alt sprites.

5) Actually been around for all those holidays! I've been here since spring of 08! So many missed chances!

1. Get a CB Black Marrow. When I first joined, I didn't realize they would only be available for a day so I didn't grab any. I have a pair of PB 2nd gens, but it isn't the same.

2. Get CBs of all holidays that I don't have CBs of-- Val '09s, Sweetlings, Yulebucks, Hollies, Vampires, Pumpkins, and Snowangles.

3. Get a Frill.

4. Get a Bright Pink.

I joined during the Valentine '09 release. Brand new to the game, I didn't know that they were a limited release, thus I didn't get any. If I could jump into the Dragcave Time Machine, I would have started playing sooner (Dec., 2007) so I could get myself a couple of CB Hollies and two CB Yulebucks the next year.

If I went back only to when I started playing, I would have grabbed a pair of '09 Valentines plus many more CB Frills and old Pinks.