angelicdragonpuppy

Allow Alts/Hybrids to be CB

Would you like to have CB Alts & Hybrids added to the cave?  

428 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I would like to have CB Alts added to the cave, but not CB Hybrids

Only because I would like a CB Alt Black set. Beyond that I am against this.

I would love to have CB Alts in the cave and I'm dubious about having CB hybrids

CB Alts:

I think that would be great if this could help to make black dragons less rare smile.gif (as it's already been mentioned here above)

CB Hybrids:

I think it would be nice if CB Hybrids (eggs) shared not only egg description with one of the parent, but also the egg itself, that would prevent people from abandoning common eggs to the AP, as no one could see if the dragon is actually a hybrid or not till the egg hatches. And hatchies are always welcome, as we know, no matter if they're common or not, and will easily find a new home, even if abandoned :3

But a big problem with my suggestion is that every hybrid already has its own unique egg (which is quite logical).. and I'm not sure that spriters would allow to change them the way I described...

And if CB hybrid eggs share only description with a parent, that will only cause an increase of commons in the AP (people would hunt for hybrids and get rid of commons as soon as eggs are off CD...) so I wouldn't support it being implemented this way.

Moreover, both CB hybrids and Alts must be extremely rare, so that people who chose a CB hybrid as their HM prize (or even preferred it to a prize dragon) won't feel deceived, disappointed etc. (or even better if those people could choose another prize, but I doubt both TJ and the prize winners will agree to it).

Edited by Ae0nian

i see no reason for hybrids = bred only to change. After all, they only mate with each other because their breeder said so. smile.gif

as for alts, i never understood the limitation of them not being cb. because of them not a chance of being cb, i don't collect blacks or vines anymore.

If this is suggested before all the Commondant Lassard fuss and HM prizes allowing CB alts to be chosen, I'd strongly agree with this.

Now that since CB alts hold special meaning, I'll have to oppose this as mass distribution of them kind of ruins the day for the current CB alt owners.

I voted yes to cb alts, but I think many people collect parents of hybrids solely for the purpose of breeding those hybrids, so having CB of them can effect negatively on growth rate of those common parents. Also, having a CB of hybrid will make it somewhat less exciting to produce them through breeding (for me at least), since part of the attraction of hybrid breeds is that they can only come from breeding, they would be no different from others if they start coming as CB. -so NO for that.

As I understand it, Hybrid dragons were intended to be breed-only when they were created- if not, they'd already be in the biomes too.

as for CB alts, I wouldn't mind it TOO much personally, but it would just mess with catching because even more people would want CBs, whereas those doing the alt lottery currently need to breed.

I'm a no on this. I like the fact that some eggs can only be obtained through breeding. I don't see an issue with having future alts CB, but I vote no on changing Blacks and Vines.

No, as much as I want a CB geode, thats a NOGO!

Hybrids are hubruds for a reason.

And Alts should be HM only!

No, as much as I want a CB geode, thats a NOGO!

Hybrids are hubruds for a reason.

And Alts should be HM only!

Geodes are hardly even true hybrids, though, since Stone x Stone and Green x Green can produce them. ^^;

Geodes are hardly even true hybrids, though, since Stone x Stone and Green x Green can produce them. ^^;

True.

But when you talk about shallows and blunas > next step would be geodes too wink.gif

I'm a no on both counts, honestly. Mostly because of the way it devalues prize CB alts and hybrids.

Not everyone breeds Blacks and Vines to get alts. Anecdata FTW! I started breeding the mother's lineage during the alt Black deluge and it really ticked me off that so many of the Blacks I bred alted - I ended up trading or gifting most of them because I didn't want any alts in the lineage. I have other lineages where I have the same mentality. If there were CB alts available, you can bet your bottom dollar that I'd be aiming to breed lineages with only alts represented, so I don't really see the argument that having CB alts would reduce breeding for them - given the increased awareness of lineages these days, I suspect it'd make it worse.

People AP'ing non-alt hatchies - is this an issue? Even those with extremely random and/or inbred lineages rarely stick around long, plus I can't be the only one who likes trying to grab them to see if I've nabbed something with a pretty lineage. It's how I've ended up with a lovely collection of PB 2nd and 3rd gen Vines on my scroll. At some point I'm going to pair them all up to create a big, random EG Vine lineage.

Plus, if this WERE implemented--you'd still be playing Alt lotto with the CBs. Not to mention the current Alt lotto for bred eggs would stay as-is. smile.gif

We already have a CB "alt" lottery in the form of the Nebulae dragons (I know, I know, they're not really alts, but the mechanism is similar), and that can be a right pain in the wotzit due to how long it takes to discover whether you've got the version you wanted or not. If they weren't so pretty and popular I think there'd be a lot more complaining about that!

Here Here! On Nebulas tongue.gif

If it weren't for the prize CB alts, I'd probably support. But given that they do exist, I think it would be very unfair to those people to change it now.

Solution: give the people with the CB alts an option to choose a second prize.

That doesn't seem fair and it also kinda messes with people who happen to have those CBs in their lineages already.

As I understand it, Hybrid dragons were intended to be breed-only when they were created- if not, they'd already be in the biomes too.

as for CB alts, I wouldn't mind it TOO much personally, but it would just mess with catching because even more people would want CBs, whereas those doing the alt lottery currently need to breed.

Completely agree. Hybrids are breed-only for a REASON. It's not just "hey, it's the day of a new release, let's do something different and make these breed-only!". They were deliberately made that way. To make CB Hybrids would basically be destroying the entire point of the breed.

And yes, ratios. People like CBs, I get that. So Vine/Black Alts can suddenly be CB... That means that a lot more people will be snatching CB Vines and Blacks, and a lot less people will be breeding them. I'm aware that not *everyone* breeds them for alts, but a good portion do. They stop breeding, and continue snatching CBs, and suddenly their ratios are out of whack and you can't find those CBs no matter how hard you try.

That doesn't seem fair and it also kinda messes with people who happen to have those CBs in their lineages already.

How does it mess with them? The original CB Alts wouldn't be deleted.

I think it's perfectly fair. If you are devaluing something that somebody picked for a prize because it was unique, then it makes sense to compensate them by offering something of equal value as a consolation.

And what about the people that traded with them to get Unique offspring?

Blockers are not blockers because nobody wants them, they're blockers because nobody wants more of them. I'd put my money on heavy use of fansites lowering the rate of new users joining the site, and causing really low demand on breeds we already have enough of.

It's apparent the few users who collect cave blockers for lineages aren't collecting enough of them to stem the tide of unwanted eggs. If they were, we wouldn't see eggs sitting in the cave for as long as they do. So, breeders aside, if a user wants an army of Blunas, they only need, at most, seven Blues and seven Skywings for maximum efficiency Bluna egg laying. After they take those fourteen eggs, they're set, and their brief burst of extra demand for Blues and Skywings falls off the radar.

Of course, it's not like making hybrids CB is going to fix this, I'm just pointing it out.

I believe hybrids should stay breed only. They were made that way INTENTIONALLY. Asking for them to change would be going against the reason they were introduced in the first place.

ALTs on the other hand, I think these should be in the cave. They are no different from Dorsals, Nebulas, Sunrise/Sunset, Day/Night Glories, or any other VARIANT that might be introduced in the future. If one variant is supposed to be more rare than another, then the cave would consider that and drop them as rares, while the regular version would continue to drop as a common.

Basically, if it comes from the same egg sprite, it should drop in the cave.. ALTs and variants come from the same type of egg, hybrids have a different egg sprite.

I see "there's a reason for X" is still a popular argument against changes. While I don't really care one way or another about this particular topic, I'd like to point out that just because a feature was designed doesn't mean it was designed well, or that it works, or that it's worth keeping. The fact that there was some thought put into making alts and hybrids breed-only isn't a very good argument for keeping it. You've got to convince people that the problem they were designed to solve has been solved, and that it would come back if the feature were changed.

I don't just mean you, CD, by the way. I read (skimmed) the thread and saw that "they did it on purpose" is still the battle cry of the side that likes things the way they are, so I'm more talking to anyone who uses that argument.

I like this suggestion. A lot.

It makes no sense that this isn't already implemented. It's not like those eggs would just magically appear if this game was real life. Dragons would have to breed for the eggs to appear and whose to say that Greens or Stones aren't producing Geodes. If anything, they would be a lot because I imagine most dragons breed within their species. Also, there's nothing stopping Spitfires and Purples from breeding; both eggs appear in the desert so why shouldn't Ultravoilets.

As for alts, once again, dragons are still breeding for the CB eggs to appear so why not have CB alts (unless human contact mutates them or something? O.o).

I see "there's a reason for X" is still a popular argument against changes. While I don't really care one way or another about this particular topic, I'd like to point out that just because a feature was designed doesn't mean it was designed well, or that it works, or that it's worth keeping. The fact that there was some thought put into making alts and hybrids breed-only isn't a very good argument for keeping it. You've got to convince people that the problem they were designed to solve has been solved, and that it would come back if the feature were changed.

I don't just mean you, CD, by the way. I read (skimmed) the thread and saw that "they did it on purpose" is still the battle cry of the side that likes things the way they are, so I'm more talking to anyone who uses that argument.

Actually, the biggest reason against it is the people who chose CB alts/hybrids as HM prizes. If those can suddenly be gotten by anyone [even if it is rare] they suddenly wasted their HM prize when they could have had something like a CB frill or a CB holly that would still be special.

Actually, the biggest reason against it is the people who chose CB alts/hybrids as HM prizes. If those can suddenly be gotten by anyone [even if it is rare] they suddenly wasted their HM prize when they could have had something like a CB frill or a CB holly that would still be special.

Why not make the CB alt/hybrid HM prizes special somehow or give them the option to choose a different prize?

Why not make the CB alt/hybrid HM prizes special somehow or give them the option to choose a different prize?

You are assuming that TJ kept track of all the previous winners who selected such for their HM.

You are assuming that TJ kept track of all the previous winners who selected such for their HM.

Every breed has it's own special coding. Alts and hybrids are coded to not be CB, so I think it is possible for him to find all CB alts and hybrids using the game itself. Even if he can't do it that way, you don't think angry HM winners wouldn't come flying out of no where at him over the change? Also, I think the raffles have only been going on for three years and most HM winners don't choose CB alts/hybrids so it's not entirely impossible that he still has a record of (or just remembers) who selected these prizes.