angelicdragonpuppy

Allow Alts/Hybrids to be CB

Would you like to have CB Alts & Hybrids added to the cave?  

428 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

CB Alts would be great.

But Hybrids should stay the way they are. After all, hybrids are called hybrids for a reason.

There ARE wild hybrids in real life.

That said, I always thought the dragons here are just different breeds, like dogs, rather than different species.

I find it much harder to believe that this would look exactly like on of its parents.

edit: of course I picked a sunrise/sunset, but the point still stands.

Edited by rayden54

Without reading the rest of the thread, I'm not sure about this idea.

If it were to happen, I would want CB Alts to be VERY rare - it'd be nice to have something really rare like that (and would make Blacks and Vines even rarer xd.png).

But on the other hand, I like how CB Alts and Hybrids can be chosen as HM prizes (though people hardly ever do), and I like the way they are something special and unique that can be chosen. If they were available in the cave then NOBODY would choose them as a prize - everyone would just go for a Holly.

CB blacks are already quite rare, and getting an alt has a rather low chance... adding this up would place the CB alts on the rarity line... where? even higher than a CB metallic? not sure if I'd like that tbh unsure.gif

As for the CB hybrids, imo, that doesn't really go well with the "hybrid" idea I've been used to...

However... voted no

I think though that if this was implemented, it would make CB blacks and vines more common.  Why?  Because the ratio is so out of whack because of people breeding for alts.  If less people bred because they could get an alt from the cave, more would show up in the cave because less were bred.

And really, the wall disappeared nearly the moment the eggs were changed, blacks have been rare now for years.

I'm just going to keep quoting poor Nectaris because she said everything perfectly and people are still skipping over her posts, haha. I think normal CB Blacks would be LESS rare if this was done, not more.

People used to throw out normal Black eggs like garbage when the Alt eggs were different. Even now, people still often throw out Blacks that hatch normal.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

I'm just going to keep quoting poor Nectaris because she said everything perfectly and people are still skipping over her posts, haha. I think normal CB Blacks would be LESS rare if this was done, not more.

I'm not sure about that. Whilst that is one aspect, people want to make lineages out of alts. Having CB ones too isn't going to stop that.

I wouldn't want CB blacks and Vines to be any more common, anyway. The ratios are not "out of whack". We need rares and we need commons. Would anyone even want Blacks if they were as common as Spitfires?

Edited by TheGrox

I'm not sure about that. Whilst that is one aspect, people want to make lineages out of alts. Having CB ones too isn't going to stop that.

I wouldn't want CB blacks and Vines to be any more common, anyway. The ratios are not "out of whack". We need rares and we need commons. Would anyone even want Blacks if they were as common as Spitfires?

That is the thing, they were MEANT to be common, they are a designated common species, but their overbreeding has made them into a false rare.

If we didn't have HM prizes where you could pick cb alts, I would be happy to give the idea yes. But since we do, I have to say no. (I'll also mention that the glitch cb alts were given tombstone parents once HM prizes came out.)

Hybrids are a no either way, though, because getting them cb defeats the purpose of them being hybrids, IMO.

If we didn't have HM prizes where you could pick cb alts, I would be happy to give the idea yes. But since we do, I have to say no. (I'll also mention that the glitch cb alts were given tombstone parents once HM prizes came out.)

Hybrids are a no either way, though, because getting them cb defeats the purpose of them being hybrids, IMO.

This is exactly the point I wanted to make. The people who took CB Black Alts as HM prizes would have to feel pretty cheated if those kind of things started to get common.

I'm also not keen on the CB Hybrids, just because the Hybrid nature is a little "cool" thing in the cave. (I've actually done them on accident before…)

I voted for the option:

"I would like to have CB Alts added to the cave, but not CB Hybrids"

I'd like to see CB alts on the basis that they were much harder to obtain than ordinary, bred alts. If they were the same rarity, then I'd be against them being introduced to the cave. And as much as I'd like CB hybrids on my scroll, it would kind of defeat the purpose of them being hybrids and all, if you ask me.

I was thinking more CB Trio rarity, as that's still very, very rare while not being absurd xd.png.png as for sharing descriptions with their parents--I'd be ok with that (don't some already share descriptions? Blunas, I think).

I think that most hybrids have their own descriptions.. but I'll be honest, im not as well versed in those descriptions purely because I do not collect them on purpose. The onely ones i have were either gifted, or me not being able to find homes for them.

If people knew there was a chance that the water egg sitting in the cave /could/ possibly be one of the associated hybrids, people would be more likely to pick them up. Even if it was a really.. really low chance.. people would /want/ to try. That is why I say that the ""in cave"hybrids, should have their Parents description.. not the normal descriptions they would have. Altson the other hand, this wouldnt apply to because as always, you wouldnt know until it hatched what was going on.

And: come on guys.. lets make more hybrids tongue.gif

I think that most hybrids have their own descriptions.. but I'll be honest, im not as well versed in those descriptions purely because I do not collect them on purpose. The onely ones i have were either gifted, or me not being able to find homes for them.

If people knew there was a chance that the water egg sitting in the cave /could/ possibly be one of the associated hybrids, people would be more likely to pick them up. Even if it was a really.. really low chance.. people would /want/ to try. That is why I say that the ""in cave"hybrids, should have their Parents description.. not the normal descriptions they would have. Altson the other hand, this wouldnt apply to because as always, you wouldnt know until it hatched what was going on.

And: come on guys.. lets make more hybrids tongue.gif

Hmm, yeah, that does get more people to pick them up, but they'll likely be just as quickly tossed once five hours are up. It'll mean more CB eggs of the parents' types in the AP, not necessarily significantly more raised dragons.

Hmm, yeah, that does get more people to pick them up, but they'll likely be just as quickly tossed once five hours are up. It'll mean more CB eggs of the parents' types in the AP, not necessarily significantly more raised dragons.

Isn't that already kinda how it works, though? People breed for hybrids, and if they don't get one they toss the common... at least CBs are usually slightly more desirable xd.png

The alts came about for the same reason as the hybrids as far as I can tell, to move blocker dragons. It was obviously a success considering the false rare status of blacks. It seems rather like shooting yourself in the foot to change that, especially right now when people are desperately trying to find new ways to unblock the cave and the AP.

The alts came to be because during the replacement two versions of the dragon were made and both were released, one being the "main" sprite and one being the alt.

They get raised eventually. Stuff doesnt sit until it runs out of time in there that often. People will grab them, as they always have tongue.gif So its still encouraging more people to raise those breeds, even if they just freeze them.

In fact, CB eggs being tossed in the AP helps the ratios more than them staying in the cave. All that is in the AP will be picked up, in the cave, those same eggs might stay until they are wiped in the next hourly drop.

No to both, because it takes away from the game fun. And because of the raffle prizes where you can get CB alts/hybrids. think about someone who won a HM and chose a CB hybrid. Automatically, their prized dragon will lose most its value, because right now there would be thousands of such dragons if this happened.

CB vines and CB blacks are already rare-ish. Getting one is already a pain, so um, how rare would a CB alt be? Still, if I were a raffle winner and had chose one of these, just to find out later that a dragon like mine is now directly obtainable through the cave, I wouldn't be too thrilled, personally.

No to both, because it takes away from the game fun. And because of the raffle prizes where you can get CB alts/hybrids. think about someone who won a HM and chose a CB hybrid. Automatically, their prized dragon will lose most its value, because right now there would be thousands of such dragons if this happened.

CB vines and CB blacks are already rare-ish. Getting one is already a pain, so um, how rare would a CB alt be? Still, if I were a raffle winner and had chose one of these, just to find out later that a dragon like mine is now directly obtainable through the cave, I wouldn't be too thrilled, personally.

Probably as rare as the normal CB Blacks and Vines are. Back when Alts and normals could be distinguished on sight, people were throwing out very nice Blacks and Vines all the time. I don't find it unreasonable to believe that if Alts could be found as CBs that the value of normal CB Blacks wouldn't diminish.

And hey, if I'm totally wrong, it can always be changed back to the way it is. After all, we started with Alts that could be told apart at the egg stage, and when that hurt the desirability of the normal ones, that aspect was removed. It was a learning process. This could be one, too.

There are plenty of "breed-only" dragons on DragonCave. Geode, Shallow Water, Bluna, etc. I see no reason to change the entire way that Vine and Black alts work JUST because they have "regular" forms as well.

And whatever happened to the "black/vine lotto"? Does no one care about the fun, excitement, and challenge of breeding eggs and hoping that it turns out a certain way?

There are plenty of "breed-only" dragons on DragonCave. Geode, Shallow Water, Bluna, etc. I see no reason to change the entire way that Vine and Black alts work JUST because they have "regular" forms as well.

And whatever happened to the "black/vine lotto"? Does no one care about the fun, excitement, and challenge of breeding eggs and hoping that it turns out a certain way?

Remember when all the 'strange markings' eggs were found in the same place? People hated it. Passionately. And that was when they only had to wait five hours to get rid of the unwanteds! Whereas discovering Alts takes 48 hours at best... and almost never is an Alt... I don't find it very fun myself, personally. <XD;;

Plus, if this WERE implemented--you'd still be playing Alt lotto with the CBs. Not to mention the current Alt lotto for bred eggs would stay as-is. smile.gif

No. TJ has already shot down the idea of CB Alts, and making CB Hybrids would be downright awful to the people who won HM and chose a hybrid.

Personally, I'm a little torn. On the one hand, I definitely don't want hybrids available in the cave, but that's the only sure thing. Regarding alts, I just don't know.

Pro CB alts:

- less breeding for alts => more CBs available

Con CB alts:

- HM prizes

- There once was a glitch that made CB blacks turn alt. All that are left were either turned regular or given dead parents a year or two ago. Making CB alts (for blacks and vines) available now would feel like cheating the people affected.

- CBs would be grabbed even faster...

- HM prizes

- There once was a glitch that made CB blacks turn alt. All that are left were either turned regular or given dead parents a year or two ago. Making CB alts (for blacks and vines) available now would feel like cheating the people affected.

Those two things are very true. I didn't think of that. xd.png If alts could be found in the cave, then the people who won HM prizes and got CB alts (thinking they were unique) would feel very cheated and would probably need to be allowed to choose another prize. And frankly, that opens up a whole can of worms that we probably don't want to get into.

I've already voted and I can't take that back, but for the record, I just wanted to say that I'm definitely reconsidering my own stance on this topic. I think I'm more against it now, unless there was something different about the CB alts. But then that'd be like having an alt of an alt, which seems kind of redundant and unnecessary.

Those two things are very true. I didn't think of that. xd.png If alts could be found in the cave, then the people who won HM prizes and got CB alts (thinking they were unique) would feel very cheated and would probably need to be allowed to choose another prize. And frankly, that opens up a whole can of worms that we probably don't want to get into.

I've already voted and I can't take that back, but for the record, I just wanted to say that I'm definitely reconsidering my own stance on this topic. I think I'm more against it now, unless there was something different about the CB alts. But then that'd be like having an alt of an alt, which seems kind of redundant and unnecessary.

Perhaps something could be done to distinguish the cb alts/hybrids that were WON from the ones picked up in cave. Example.. perhaps with artist permissions.. those that were WON could have a badge,crown or ribbon or something added to their images to make them slightly different from those that are picked up. Since there are less of the hms than anything else, its probably a reasonable request. This way their cb alts are still special, and still stand out, where the ones from the cave would just look like everything else?

It does of course come down to whether the owners of those sprites and/or tj thinks its a fair way to handle it.

How about *new* breeds of dragons that can have CB alts? Like, a Dragon Request dragon that could have multiple CB forms.

That way no *bred* alts would lose value or lose meaning, the alts we have *now* can stay the way they are because that's the way they were meant to be when they were created.

We already have those. Dorsals, ridgewings, nebuals...

After the original alts any dragon with more than one version has been CB for all.

Edited by Pokemonfan13