lundfamily3

Trading Inflation

Just to clairify, before I allowed anyone on those lists, (which include some of you here) I made sure each and everyone was aware of the wait time. They all didn't care. They just wanted what I was going to be able to offer eventually, and wanted on the lists. I did not con anyone, and most of them did not give me CB metals, but stuff I needed, like linesages, tinsels, etc. And to be dissed for having 6 golds and 6 silvers...?? Ok, how many of you have twice, if not 3 times that amount? Hands??

Point is, who's business is it if I have a long shimmer list? I twisted no ones arm, and made sure the people on it WANTED to be on it with eyes wide open. That's all. Just wanted to clarify.

Ok, back on topic.

I will think, that once more people have shimmers, it will calm down and go back to the way it was, like it did with Tinsels.

Edited by Riverwillows

I definitely understand that - I can still remember the thrill I felt at catching my first ever Gold from the AP during Valentine's in '09, even though it had a long, random lineage (I think he may be inbred, too). But eventually I did look for metals with tidier lineages because breeding pretty lineages has kind of become my *thing* on DC. smile.gif

I'm making a lineage with Harvests/Luminas, and I love it. I used to just care about just getting one of every sprite (but like many here, with the advent of Shimmers, I can now no longer attain that goal). Now, like Amazon, I'm more interested in pretty lineages than just getting random sprites of kinds I don't have since I now have one of every sprite (excepting prizes...).

I really do hope trading inflation goes down in a few months. I'd love to find a 5th gen Shimmer on the AP like I did with many of my tinsels. It might not be RIGHT THIS MINUTE but eventually things going back to normal with the totally insane trades people want for Shimmers right now...I'll be looking forward to that, a lot. I even got my TWO Hollies off the AP. It was awesome. Now I'm just waiting and waiting for the Shimmers! smile.gif

I'm just hoping for this craze to die down so I can finally grab or trade for a CB gold male that I've been after for nearly 5 years now... ever since I joined. That plus NDs are what I need to complete my scroll.

well, besides shimmers, that is ... 6 CB metal eggs... for a shimmer.... no way, I'm not even gonna try. Shimmers are dead to me, they don't exist, lol.

The only things I really need for scroll completion are in my wishlist, and they're almost all ridiculously rare, so yeah, I might be part of the problem. BUT on the other hand, if I never put up the trades I definitely won't get what I need. Catch-22 really. /shrug

And I also always make sure to ask for something else too, like CB Spitfire or any BSA hatchlings, even for 2nd gen metals and my Tinsels. And I almost always get at least one offer of those so I'm happy.

Of course, if I could teach myself not to snag every "brightly colored markings" egg I see, I might have more of a chance of getting CB metals for trade fodder--which is really all they'd be for me.

I must have missed that turn down of six CB metals for a shimmer. I'm mostly a lurker, but I'm seeing quite a few that are asking for things other than metals. Of course, those trades don't last long since they're fulfilled almost instantly.

I've seen quite a few lottoed off in the chat when I hang around there, but great things in the chat is pretty universal. There are very generous people in this thread and in this game, always. Though, I've got to admit, when I was looking to trade for shimmers I came across some of the rudest people I've ever come across while playing this game.

Tinsels are pretty much just tossed around these days, and it'll be the same for these. I know I have one shimmer lineage I managed to get for a reasonable price that I'm going to dedicate to gifting from the get go. Just have to try to figure out what the fairest way to do it is. In my opinion, magi FFAs still tend to favor the fastest players. I was on hiatus a long time so the whole system still feels different. o.o

Are regular golds not wanted anymore? I post a gold available at TGT and it takes half a day before there's one pm

I just traded a silver - a clean stairstep, but with multiple breeds as mothers - for a CB Red, because that was what was important to me at this moment in time. I'll get my hands on Shimmers eventually, though I couldn't dream of trading a CB metal for one of any gen... primarily because I can't even catch a CB metal. tongue.gif