lundfamily3

Trading Inflation

I really think an in-game marketplace would be likely to completely solve this problem. Only a small percentage of DC players actually hang around on the forum. We're all trading amongst the same little subset of people, and that means that fads get amplified and markets get saturated *fast*. If there was a broader trading community, it wouldn't be such a problem. I guarantee you that there are a lot of players out there who are still very interested in a 4th-gen silver, but there aren't many people left on the forum who want them and don't yet have them.

Bolded because I couldn't agree more. We really need more diversity in the trading market. I have been swapping my metals with the same 2-3 people not only because we have what we each needed but because the metal pool is quite restricted here, in the forum. We need new blood from others, and there is no way of doing so without running into the same few users here. LOL.

I tried to gift a free silver away today and lo and behold, no one wanted it even though it's a pretty 2 breed 5th gen. I still remember the time when we couldn't give away those and now it's back. tongue.gif If we have an in game trading marketplace where our trades are accessible to a larger pool of players, I am sure trading would be a much better experience.

Got upset in trading for a Silver Shimmer. They are my favourite but it seems like I could never get my hand to them. ;_; Even I offered CB Metals for them...just for 4th gens, sigh.

I'm wondering what a CB blusang would go for right about now. They are dropping less than CB metals these days.

I'm wondering what a CB blusang would go for right about now. They are dropping less than CB metals these days.

Someone was actually offering a 2nd-gen gold for one the other day, but I couldn't catch one to offer! :-)

I haven't seen blusangs for an eternety.

I agree trading became boring but how to change it? I have no clue! Maybe dropping more metallics between the hourly drop so that 'slower' people do have a better chance?

I caught a CB Blusang last week, so they are definitely still out there. I also traded a 2nd gen PB silver for a CB Blusang.

Edited by Dubious

I saw a CB Blusang just the other day, but wasn't really paying attention (and possibly not using my mouse) so I missed it.

i saw a Blusang in the Coast last night an my jaw about dropped. i'm like you Taitah, i haven't seen them drop since the release and even then they were hard to get. their equally hard to breed imo. hopefully one of the new releases we get this year will be in the Coast again to livin up the biome and get it moving so we can see more Blusangs.

vlaue wise i'd rank them right below a CB Silver (so 3rd highest valued egg in the cave) even with the metal boom they might be tied with Silver but i doubt it.

asking wise on trades, i'd personally ask for a 4G tinsel or 6G Shimmer.

@ Sherry - 2G metals .... depends on the lineage i guess, but with the recent metal boom they are devauled from hat they were. i always leave my lineaged metals open ended with a note that Shiny things get preferance laugh.gif

I really don't know what the solution is, but I truly think there is a problem. There are people who can catch cave born metallics pretty consistently, and those people snap up every single CB rare egg. Those people seem to have no interest whatsoever in anything that a normal mortal could catch (i.e. you only see them in 4 eggs for an ND or a 2nd-gen prize dragon), which leaves those of us on the outside just looking in and wishing we could be involved in the game. When the people say "absolutely no other offers", I take them at their word and don't try to make an alternative offer…

I did manage to trade a couple of semi-rare hatchies (Speckle-Throat and Tan Ridgewing) for a Magma via Eggs Around the World, but beyond that, most of my trades have been just giving gifts to people in the hopes that sooner or later I will have built up the karma necessary to get even a medium to high-generation Shimmerscale.

I guess I knew going into this that I wouldn't have any chance at all of getting one until June or July…

This "high season" on the CB metallics was practically the only time that I've ever even SEEN a CB metal in the cave. I guess it's back to "maybe next year" on that.

I have yet to see a single Blu in cave drop this month dry.gif . The two I have was due to being super lucky, then again, GW is also dropping like flies, that can also be found in AP Cbs ones at that ohmy.gif .

But some asking price for Blu are high, sometimes,I think they beat out the metals laugh.gif

I really think an in-game marketplace would be likely to completely solve this problem. Only a small percentage of DC players actually hang around on the forum. We're all trading amongst the same little subset of people, and that means that fads get amplified and markets get saturated *fast*. If there was a broader trading community, it wouldn't be such a problem. I guarantee you that there are a lot of players out there who are still very interested in a 4th-gen silver, but there aren't many people left on the forum who want them and don't yet have them.

I think that is a GREAT IDEA. Maybe you should suggest it. I would be 100% in support. I have always wanted an in game trading area. Not everyone uses the forums. Some of my friends who play don't have a forum account. They refuse to trade on the forums or make an account here solely because for the most part they dislike the drama that goes on here.

But I guarantee you if there was an in game trading market they would be all over it. As it is now they simply just don't trade at all xP

I think that is a GREAT IDEA. Maybe you should suggest it. I would be 100% in support. I have always wanted an in game trading area. Not everyone uses the forums. Some of my friends who play don't have a forum account. They refuse to trade on the forums or make an account here solely because for the most part they dislike the drama that goes on here.

But I guarantee you if there was an in game trading market they would be all over it. As it is now they simply just don't trade at all xP

There exist such a suggestion for an in game marketplace. smile.gif

It seems that a cb gold is not enough for a 2nd gen shimmer

Sadly no it's not. To get a 2nd gen these days you'd have to trade MULTIPLE CB golds and even then no guarantees. Most of the CB Shimmer lists are full so trying to get a 2nd gen now is highly unlikely. sad.gif

Edit: Wow! I didn't see that suggestion thread xd.png -goes to lend support-

Edited by Reidragon

again, with the increase in Metals dropping the value of them has decreased greatly. so while you could 1:1 trade for 2G Tinsel and CB Gold, thats not the case right now with the Shimmers. you'd need multiple right now, and i have a feelign with Shimmer trades, swaps for other lines take priorety over Metals unsure.gif

i think the problem with the trading market right now is not the rares, but that the market got turned on its head with a new prize dragon breed being released.

i suspect things will be back to normal closer to the holiday season or when the next set of prize shimmers are released next year after the newness wears off and the market is saturated with them.

but right now, everyone sees the new shiny non-cathable baby and wants one of every color + 1 of each color and sex to freeze for scroll completion.

re- in game market. we have one http://dc.makegames.de/trade.html so no need for another imo.

Edited by Red2111

re- in game market. we have one http://dc.makegames.de/trade.html so no need for another imo.

By "in-game" I meant one that players can access from the menu on the actual game website, not one that you have to find a forum and log into that for. :-)

Another point to add with Tjekan even though they hit the nail on the head there. That is a third party market on a fansite. Most people wouldn't even know it's there unless they actually know about the hatcheries or that one in particular.

I'm kinda on the fence on how I think having a wider range of players in on the trading would do. I'm not really sure if that would fix the issue we're having of these trades basically being in a very condensed circle. Bringing in more players would just....make that circle bigger, but a lot of us would still be stuck on the outside or so I would assume. Because a lot of the game is centered around being the fastest to get to the rares and well, that still wouldn't fix that. :3 The slower connection peeps will still be slow, the rare snipers will still be super fast and all of it would just pile into a bigger collection of piles of x or y dragon being the current fad for x or y dragon.

I put two ideas up in the suggestions that I hoped would help some mid level trades. But people seem petrified with fear that anything new will default to prize x 2.0. Even when it's logically impossible for that to happen. I'd definitely support a marketplace.

Another point to add with Tjekan even though they hit the nail on the head there. That is a third party market on a fansite. Most people wouldn't even know it's there unless they actually know about the hatcheries or that one in particular.

I'm kinda on the fence on how I think having a wider range of players in on the trading would do. I'm not really sure if that would fix the issue we're having of these trades basically being in a very condensed circle. Bringing in more players would just....make that circle bigger, but a lot of us would still be stuck on the outside or so I would assume. Because a lot of the game is centered around being the fastest to get to the rares and well, that still wouldn't fix that. :3 The slower connection peeps will still be slow, the rare snipers will still be super fast and all of it would just pile into a bigger collection of piles of x or y dragon being the current fad for x or y dragon.

The thing is, a lot of how "value" is currently defined on the forum is very echo-chamber. No one would think that a third-gen tinsel was worth more than a fourth-gen tinsel unless they'd been reading this forum. No one would care if a dragon was a Thuwed or not unless they were readers of this, particular forum.

There are a lot of players out there who would, in fact, trade a 2nd-gen gold for two 4th-gen golds. Or trade a CB gold for a bunch of CB stripes. Or trade a 2nd-gen blusang for a mint with hilarious parent names. Such players exist, they just don't follow our forum. :-)

I think it would be very healthy for all of us to get an influx of new trading blood... and new trading ideas.

I wonder, what do you guys think of an in-game currency?

For example, trading a CB metal for x money? This will all still be dependent on supply/demand and what people are willing to pay.

To get in-game currency, maybe each action will generate x amount of money? For example, adopting eggs from the abandon page and adopting eggs from the Cave (encourages the AP to empty and for the Cave to actually move). But if a person abandons those same eggs, money would be subtracted so the net amount is zero. Therefore, the only way they'd be able to keep the money is by letting it reach adulthood or freezing it (which, freezing might be worth less money than letting it grow to adulthood?) If it dies, I'm not sure... because it'd still be clearing up the AP and the Cave.

Writing/rating descriptions get an x amount of money. (Breeding gets no money.)

Perhaps there can be an in-game store where things such as CB Golds are set at a specific, but very high price? This way, the people with slow internet connection can eventually build up enough money to "buy" a CB Gold, etc.

There can also be an in-game trading system, except people can either trade dragons or buy/sell dragons to other users.

So if I'm a breeder and not a writer I don't get rich off my preference but someone else can rich off theirs? Ehhh, not so much. Who decides which actions are good/bad or worth more or less? Tricky business that.

So if I'm a breeder and not a writer I don't get rich off my preference but someone else can rich off theirs? Ehhh, not so much. Who decides which actions are good/bad or worth more or less? Tricky business that.

Yeah, and well, if breeding was rewarded with money, that's countering emptying out the AP and Cave. I have about 2000+ dragons now? I'd really breed all of them just to get money, to be honest. If breeding can actually gain money, maybe it should be through raising the egg and hatching them.

Also, writing is much more conducive and beneficial for a user's individual growth; it's more useful than clicking a button that says breed, and really, no matter what, writing is required - for you to interact with a forum requires it. (And please. We are not going to argue or debate the importance of writing, that's silly and not really related to the topic at hand. If you want to debate writing, send a PM.) edit: Also, in my suggestion, there is also rating descriptions - which is reading.

HOWEVER, if you have qualms about this, maybe in-game currency should only be rewarded for the actions that everyone on dragcave does - raise eggs.

However, this is all pretty subjective, too. Because, then there's the "who cares if people flood the AP page and the Cave moves slowly," as in, why should TJ care?

Then there's the question of whether money is actually worth anything or not. That means there will probably have to be another added feature to judge how much x amount of money is worth... or, there can be no added features and the value of money can ultimately decided by user supply/demand of certain eggs/hatchlings.

Edited by kiyoura

I wonder, what do you guys think of an in-game currency?

For example, trading a CB metal for x money? This will all still be dependent on supply/demand and what people are willing to pay.

To get in-game currency, maybe each action will generate x amount of money? For example, adopting eggs from the abandon page and adopting eggs from the Cave (encourages the AP to empty and for the Cave to actually move). But if a person abandons those same eggs, money would be subtracted so the net amount is zero. Therefore, the only way they'd be able to keep the money is by letting it reach adulthood or freezing it (which, freezing might be worth less money than letting it grow to adulthood?) If it dies, I'm not sure... because it'd still be clearing up the AP and the Cave.

Perhaps there can be an in-game store where things such as CB Golds are set at a specific, but very high price? This way, the people with slow internet connection can eventually build up enough money to "buy" a CB Gold, etc.

There can also be an in-game trading system, except people can either trade dragons or buy/sell dragons to other users.

Trust me, we already went over this. It wouldn't work.

Trust me, we already went over this. It wouldn't work.

I'll look for the thread and see the arguments out of curiosity, but it doesn't hurt to bring up the idea again.

yànno what would be awesome? if for one day shimmers dropped in the cave so we wouldnt have this problem anymore lol

then maybe those people that only accept a handful of cb metals would have to down size their trades a ton.

i understand that theyre supposed to be prize dragons but this backlash in trade value is just frustrating. i cant even trade a 2nd gen gold for a couple of hatchlings.

I said they should have muilti clutches, like holiday dragons. Automatically, that would free up a few eggs.