lundfamily3

Trading Inflation

Ok, now I have a CB Ice up in trades. I am asking for any offer, but no CBS, and to keep it low gen. I also ask maybe for a 2nd gen PB alt vine. Is THIS too expensive? No one is offering. So I guess CB ices are no good anymore either?

It could be a matter of timing. I wouldn't be surprised if people are busy catching cbs and haven't been breeding their vines. I'd swap you that if I had one, but I can only swap you a magma for the ice xd.png

(which I would do, too)

What soul does one have to sell to get some CB Blusangs around here. I am seiously regretting that I was on hiatus when they came out xP

Probably just a matter of waiting for the next ratio adjustment. It seems a bit like how metals started breeding very well a month before they became commonish in the cave. Well, blusangs still breed fine. Unless of course this means we're going in reverse and there will be no blusang breeding next month...

o.o

/resolves to get back to work on blusang lineage...

What soul does one have to sell to get some CB Blusangs around here. I am seiously regretting that I was on hiatus when they came out xP

Currently they're not dropping at all

Currently they're not dropping at all

Someone posted the capture of two in the Congrats thread a little bit ago, and someone else just glomped with my first CB, so they must be dropping somewhere.

*cuddles the new baby* <3

Someone posted the capture of two in the Congrats thread a little bit ago, and someone else just glomped with my first CB, so they must be dropping somewhere.

*cuddles the new baby* <3

guess I better keep stalking the coast then xd.png!

That reminds me, it's a shame, and found everywhere on the internet I know, but a lot of people don't take the common courtesy to respond to PM offers. There's nothing so disappointing as never getting a response from someone, not even to say you're not interested in the trade. At least the person who rejected my offer and told me they got 5 CB golds for it it responded, I've had people not say a thing. I know the people who have the really valuable stuff get a lot of offers, but it doesn't take much effort to say 'sorry, no thanks'.

That reminds me, it's a shame, and found everywhere on the internet I know, but a lot of people don't take the common courtesy to respond to PM offers. There's nothing so disappointing as never getting a response from someone, not even to say you're not interested in the trade. At least the person who rejected my offer and told me they got 5 CB golds for it it responded, I've had people not say a thing. I know the people who have the really valuable stuff get a lot of offers, but it doesn't take much effort to say 'sorry, no thanks'.

Yeah I have to agree that I've noticed this a lot lately. I mean, I rarely PM people trade offers and prefer to offer on teleport links but when I do, for the most part when I don't get replies back. I suppose it's made me more grateful to those who do reply but yeah, it's a shame that things have gone that way.

All that CB Metals go for now are Shimmers, and all Shimmers go for are CB Metals, it feels like. I see very little 'offer a whole bunch of lesser things for one good thing' going on anymore. It's gotten to the point where I just gift all 3rd gen and higher Metals because I can't do anything with them... I tried to trade a 5th gen Thuwed/Dusk/Dorkface even gen Silver for a single CB Specklethroat today and it got rejected! Absurd :/

I finally caught a CB blusang on the coast last night, so maybe they're starting to make a slight comeback.

As for unanswered PM's, sometimes it's rudeness or a person who's gotten in a huff over something, but most of the time, I think it's probably the fault of the PM system on this forum not putting a mark next to answered messages the way most forums and browser emails do. I can't always remember what I've responded to or not. I've responded to some people twice! I'm sure I've missed others.

I finally caught a CB blusang on the coast last night, so maybe they're starting to make a slight comeback.

As for unanswered PM's, sometimes it's rudeness or a person who's gotten in a huff over something, but most of the time, I think it's probably the fault of the PM system on this forum not putting a mark next to answered messages the way most forums and browser emails do. I can't always remember what I've responded to or not. I've responded to some people twice! I'm sure I've missed others.

This.

I miss responding to PMs sometimes because I can never remember if I actually replied or not.

I'm not terribly worried about inflation. In this particular case, the shelf life of it is extremely limited. CB metals will not be dropping like they are now forever and metals won't be breeding like they are now forever either (unless they're now a common).

However, after this it's going to be much harder to trade ugly metallics (since the influx of CBs and new, shorter lineages).

You have no idea how much I want a thing to tell me if I've replied to a PM or not...

I'm also keenly aware that I have a lot of people waiting for replies from me right now - if they see this, please know that I've been crazy-busy but I will reply!

I use my sent folder as a failsafe to know if I've replied or not. I almost always have the save a copy button checked unless I know it's a very marginal message. It does take a little space, but since we got the upgrade to our pm folders it's not so bad.

Also, I posted my cb magma horde and got lots of offers! /cuddles new hatchies So it looks like trios are still trading. But I do tend to value time hatching the egg more than the egg itself. So that may effect my trades. IE, egg for hatchy trades, I luv thee!

You have no idea how much I want a thing to tell me if I've replied to a PM or not...

I'm also keenly aware that I have a lot of people waiting for replies from me right now - if they see this, please know that I've been crazy-busy but I will reply!

Noted and understood Amazon :3! I wish you the best of luck in your choices. I can't imagine how many you have to wade though xd.png! Must be quite insane ><!

Edit: I am on the lookout for trio eggs right now do Hatchies normally trade well for them?

Edited by Reidragon

I use my sent folder as a failsafe to know if I've replied or not. I almost always have the save a copy button checked unless I know it's a very marginal message. It does take a little space, but since we got the upgrade to our pm folders it's not so bad.

Also, I posted my cb magma horde and got lots of offers! /cuddles new hatchies So it looks like trios are still trading. But I do tend to value time hatching the egg more than the egg itself. So that may effect my trades. IE, egg for hatchy trades, I luv thee!

It seemed to me like there were a lot of ice eggs out there, not so many thunder or magma.

Magma are probably worth "more" currently because volcano moves more slowly, whereas Alpine and Desert are cleared out typically within 5 minutes on the hour, and that's usually at least three new ice/thunder eggs.

exactly this :I i give a person a day before it bothers me but when i see them making posts on the forum all day instead of giving me a reply (ANY reply..) it just annoys me and makes me not want to trade with that person. if i have a ton of CBs and cb hatchlings sittin around on an offer i dont want to wait days for a response :c

Magma are probably worth "more" currently because volcano moves more slowly, whereas Alpine and Desert are cleared out typically within 5 minutes on the hour, and that's usually at least three new ice/thunder eggs.

Very true. I didn't even think of that :/ (lol man I can tell I am sick. I have done nothing all day but stalk these forums like a hacking vengeful spirit >>)

-pokes her ice egg- I'm determined to get you magma and thunder buddies here soon Dx!

I have been in volcano a lot lately and I can say that is exactly it. Sometimes volcano doesn't move more than 5 eggs before it blocks back up. Now that it is open all hour, it still takes it 45 minutes sometimes before it clears. Desert and Alpine still clear in 1-2 minutes. That and I always see 3-4 Ice/Thunders. Usually its 1-3 Magmas.

(oh, and humidifiers are godsends for pneumonia. I have chronic bronchitis, was born with it and had it several years running. wub.gif my humidifier)

Edited by Vhale

I primarily breed things to trade as opposed to offering on trades, since I have terrible luck catching goodies I happen to not need, let alone ones I do need, from the cave. I have noticed a few people asking for ridiculous things for their uncommon and rare eggs/hatchies, but I'm fairly sure they rarely get what they ask for. It's a bit annoying, but with "prices" fluctuating all the time due to ratios, it's part of the trade system to learn by trial and error. Some days they succeed in getting a 3rd gen metal for a CB nebula, some days they don't, and they either learn to ask for more reasonable things or they keep holding out for the off chance someone is feeling generous.

That said, I'm not always sure what the "value" of things are, and I make my best guess based on what I need and what I think people might be willing to offer. I've traded alt vines for BSAs and uncommons I've had trouble catching myself, and I'm not usually very fussy as long as the offer is somewhat decent in my view. There have also been times when I've asked for relatively modest things for my alt vines and gotten some very generous offers that I've happily accepted. My vines breed alts fairly regularly though, so I don't mind either way as long as they go to someone who wants them. In contrast, I've made several attempts to trade CB vampire and dino eggs and not gotten a single offer, so I generally just toss those to the AP now. I don't yet have a stock of other dragons to breed for trading, other than a few blacks and stripes, and a lone silver who hasn't deigned to give me a single silver egg in years. dry.gif

tl;dr - I just ignore the trades that ask for ridiculous things, and I usually just give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they're new and haven't yet grasped the realistic values of the dragons.

I primarily breed things to trade as opposed to offering on trades, since I have terrible luck catching goodies I happen to not need, let alone ones I do need, from the cave. I have noticed a few people asking for ridiculous things for their uncommon and rare eggs/hatchies, but I'm fairly sure they rarely get what they ask for. It's a bit annoying, but with "prices" fluctuating all the time due to ratios, it's part of the trade system to learn by trial and error. Some days they succeed in getting a 3rd gen metal for a CB nebula, some days they don't, and they either learn to ask for more reasonable things or they keep holding out for the off chance someone is feeling generous.

That said, I'm not always sure what the "value" of things are, and I make my best guess based on what I need and what I think people might be willing to offer. I've traded alt vines for BSAs and uncommons I've had trouble catching myself, and I'm not usually very fussy as long as the offer is somewhat decent in my view. There have also been times when I've asked for relatively modest things for my alt vines and gotten some very generous offers that I've happily accepted. My vines breed alts fairly regularly though, so I don't mind either way as long as they go to someone who wants them. In contrast, I've made several attempts to trade CB vampire and dino eggs and not gotten a single offer, so I generally just toss those to the AP now. I don't yet have a stock of other dragons to breed for trading, other than a few blacks and stripes, and a lone silver who hasn't deigned to give me a single silver egg in years. dry.gif

tl;dr - I just ignore the trades that ask for ridiculous things, and I usually just give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they're new and haven't yet grasped the realistic values of the dragons.

Now, see, I value vampires a little higher then others. I'd gladly go and fetch you many bsa babies if that's what you wanted or try to breed tinsels. [Even though most of my tinsels are longer lineaged.] Those are trades I can -do-. I'm also usually horrible about catching because of my internet. [i get lag spikes like you wouldn't believe. Missed many a metal that way.]

Heck, now that the new egg rush is dying down a wee bit, it's getting hard for me to snag blacks again. xd.png That's just the way the cookie crumbles! I'd rather dump a multitude of hatchlings on peeps then struggle so hard with the cave and I love seeing people that are willing to work that way.

But you are right. Value is a very hard thing to determine when the value of something is subjective. :3 I take breaks from the forums and/or DC from time to time. It's a casual game to me cause I play other things. When I come back to the trading threads after a few months, sometimes, it's almost like bashing my head into the wall trying to find a trade for something I'd like.

On another view, I've noticed just how -many- people are so generous with their offspring. The gifting threads are always active and, heck, I even picked my second 4th gen tinsel ever this week because someone was being so kind. [Those are the lowest gens I have now of tins.] It's things like that which end up balancing out the frustration I get with the trading threads and keeps me waltzing around in them.

What I hate, is when the trader says "....um, I dunno, offer what you will!! Looking at everything!!" when what they really mean is "...I want CB metals and NDS, but I don't want to look greedy."

So you offer them really nice deals, but if they aren't the CB metals and ND's they are really looking for, you get shot down.

I call it "Bait and Switch" and I hate that.

What I hate, is when the trader says "....um, I dunno, offer what you will!! Looking at everything!!" when what they really mean is "...I want CB metals and NDS, but I don't want to look greedy."

So you offer them really nice deals, but if they aren't the CB metals and ND's they are really looking for, you get shot down.

I call it "Bait and Switch" and I hate that.

... or maybe they just don't like the specific things you are offering?

Edited by TheGrox

... or maybe they just don't like the specific things you are offering?

Probably this.

I ask for offers occasionally (though I do avoid it like the plague, since it discourages people from making offers; I try to at least specify the rough value I want, e.g. "value at least equivalent to two caveblocker hatchlings" or the likes) and just take the best offer out of it. 'Best' being subjective (I'm not going to accept Tinsels unless it's something ridiculous, because I don't like the sprite) makes it a bit difficult to understand my choice sometimes, but for what I consider especially weird-looking decisions I try to document my trade in my final edit so people know why I declined theirs.