lundfamily3

Trading Inflation

Right now I'm more worried about how no blusangs are being offered at all for my golds

I'm alarmed by this too! I'm usually the blusang ninja. Two or three weeks ago, I caught four blusangs for somebody. But I've been scouring the coast for days now and not even seen one. Trust me, I'd offer if I had one, LOL!

what should i trade for my cb metals if no one will trade me any shimmers? shimmers aer all i want right now. should i just keep them? these are my only cb metals, but im willing to give them all for one shimmer, any kind.

I caught 28 CB Blusangs over a month period, ending mere weeks ago. I lottoed them off, gifted them off and traded. Now, I have seen one in the last week, missed it and I haven't so far been able to catch a last one that I promised to someone.

Edited by Dubious

I have to say that I have been GIFTED 2 CB golds out of the blue this week. Not everyone is into holding out for the unreasonable wub.gif

If I ever get shimmers that will almost certainly be how I get them. And it WILL be a while. I never manage to catch good stuff; and the new style AP isn't helping as it makes it slower to load, switching from one view to the other....

I'm alarmed by this too! I'm usually the blusang ninja. Two or three weeks ago, I caught four blusangs for somebody. But I've been scouring the coast for days now and not even seen one. Trust me, I'd offer if I had one, LOL!

Blusang ninja!!! That made me go LOL. biggrin.gif

The last Blusang I saw was 2 weeks ago during a 5 or 10 minute drop (It was not an hourly drop, I remember very well). There were like 5 people viewing the coast that time. And I clicked it happily hoping to get my second CB blusang but unfortunately all I got was 'sorry this egg is taken by someone else' message.

what should i trade for my cb metals if no one will trade me any shimmers? shimmers aer all i want right now. should i just keep them? these are my only cb metals, but im willing to give them all for one shimmer, any kind.

Tinsels, maybe? There are a lot of people offering nice 3rd-5th gen tinsels on the metallic boards. Or you could hatch them and try again. A lot of people don't have room to take 3 eggs, but they might trade a shimmer happily for 3 metallic hatchlings.

Tinsels, maybe? There are a lot of people offering nice 3rd-5th gen tinsels on the metallic boards. Or you could hatch them and try again. A lot of people don't have room to take 3 eggs, but they might trade a shimmer happily for 3 metallic hatchlings.

That's a great idea -- in my experience, even some of the best eggs don't get an offer until they've hatched, and then suddenly people are all over them!

Indeed, hatchies are win. Especially since we can't hatchy lock ourselves. It means there is almost always room for a hatchy when there may not be for an egg.

And if that doesn't work out /points at BSA gifting thread, TGT, Even Gen Trades/Gifts. There's dozens of people that are cb metal-less that have kindly given out nice eggs for ages. If shimmers are worth 10 cb metals, well between Amazon, Quaelo(sp) and Absolute the community would need to do at least 50 metals worth of gifting to reciprocate what they've done so far. laugh.gif

I've caught a total of one Blusang ever ... I keep meaning to stalk coast when it's dead and just pick up eggs until I get something I like. Not sure if that's actually an effective way of doing it, but they seem like such incredibly rare dragons. I feel like I've had a better shot and gold and silvers than at Blusangs. And I've seen no one who has one trying to trade it off.

Damn. I have a 2nd speckle from gold in the trades and not one offer!! And I am not asking for shimmers or cb metals. I just don't get this economy here.

Damn. I have a 2nd speckle from gold in the trades and not one offer!! And I am not asking for shimmers or cb metals. I just don't get this economy here.

I looked at your trade River You have some pretty high prices for that speckle.

I looked at your trade River You have some pretty high prices for that speckle.

Exactly, a 2nd gen common from a metal isn't really worth a 2nd gen metal, as far as I know. Even if it is a new breed. People asking for too much in trades seems to be part of the problem recently.

I generally abandon things like 2nd gen commons from metals, or gift them to people I know who need/collect them.

Edited by TheGrox

I hear you about the trade posts asking too much, but in this case, the expensive things were just her top wishes. She said she'd consider all offers, not just those expensive ones. :-)

I do find that it helps me to get more offers if I include one or two specific easier-to-find wants in my wishlist. It makes the trade post seem more accessible to people, I think. If I just say "nicely lineaged dragons," people figure I won't want what they have, but if they see I'm considering even-gen PB's, they may feel more like it's worth it to try their luck with a lineage egg. :-)

Edited by tjekan

I, personally, tend to only consider offering things of a similar value (roughly) to what is on someone's list of what they're after so it might be that? That and maybe people have no suitable mate for it?

Trade inflation is awful. Some trades DO have seemed to DECREASE though. I can easily get 3rd gen tinsels for Trios or pretty lineaged metals now, when I used to have to trade CB metals for one.

Weird. I can't get anything for CB trios. My last two grew up on my scroll. I'd have taken a 3rd-gen tinsel for them in a heartbeat, LOL!

I hear you about the trade posts asking too much, but in this case, the expensive things were just her top wishes. She said she'd consider all offers, not just those expensive ones. :-)

I do find that it helps me to get more offers if I include one or two specific easier-to-find wants in my wishlist. It makes the trade post seem more accessible to people, I think. If I just say "nicely lineaged dragons," people figure I won't want what they have, but if they see I'm considering even-gen PB's, they may feel more like it's worth it to try their luck with a lineage egg. :-)

I agree with this.

Posting your wishlist sets the opinion of the sorts of things you're asking for in trade.

If you post your request list as a bunch of rares with the a notice about considering other offers, people generally won't offer things unless they feel it's at least almost on par with what you're requesting - maybe you'll get some 2nd gen metallics if you were asking for CBs, or a couple of purebred trios if you were asking for purebred metallics, but there's no clue for a person to tell that by "or just offer" you mean that you're willing to accept a CB hatchling or two. Generally people pass, assuming that you're looking for something more than what your offer is worth, and they're not going to waste their time since you'll probably just turn them down.

If you post that you're interesting in a 2nd gen silver from mint or a 2nd gen stripe with a holiday parent or a lineage involving water walkers or some BSA hatchlings of any lineage even inbred or you'll consider other offers, people come to the conclusion that you've got varied taste and you might accept just about anything so go ahead and offer anything on their scroll that they like less than what you're offering and maybe you'll take it because you don't really know what things are worth.

The trick it to make your wishlist appear directed but not greedy. Taking that second list there...

WANT

Even-gen purebreds or checkerboards, at least 3rd gen, especially involving water walkers

2nd gen stripe with any holiday parent, for a breeding project

BSA red or pink hatchling(s), any lineage okay, esp. under 5 days

2nd gen silver from mint (Doesn't hurt to ask! I can add more!)

Or just offer, maybe you have something I didn't know I wanted!

Just my two cents. It helps to give those bidding an idea of the direction you're heading, so they feel it's worth the effort to think about a trade (assuming they're interested in what you're offering, of course).

Weird. I can't get anything for CB trios. My last two grew up on my scroll. I'd have taken a 3rd-gen tinsel for them in a heartbeat, LOL!

Yeah, I thought I had a trade for my trios but the person hasn't replied to PMs. So I assume they lost interest. In which case, ima keeping them for my own lineage goodness. The only other "offer" I've had for them is someone PMing me at random wanting me to gift them to them.

I get a lot more success in trading if I ask for things of a similar value to what I have. It's counter-productive to ask for really high prices, like metals for commons, because people see what sort of thing you're asking for, and scroll past the trade. Even if you say "or other offers", people will think you want a lot for something, and not offer at all.

Just my experience.

And if I ever just put "or other reasonable offers", I usually get the odd person offering me an inbred mint egg for a low gen tinsel. So I generally dislike doing that too.

Edited by TheGrox

Yeah, I thought I had a trade for my trios but the person hasn't replied to PMs. So I assume they lost interest. In which case, ima keeping them for my own lineage goodness. The only other "offer" I've had for them is someone PMing me at random wanting me to gift them to them.

One tiny thing: I was part way through a trade once and thought that. In the end I "had to" abandon. (i.e. I got fed up and dumped the egg I had bred). The other person got in touch in the end - desperately apologetic - her internet had gone down.

Sometimes it is just sod's law.

What can those of us who do not have those low gen Tinsels, or metals offer to get these? That's my problem. I'd like more CB Magmas and Thunders at this point, but all the stated choices are beyond what my scroll normally produces or anything I can catch in the Cave.

What are reasonable options?

It's very possible there is a site glitch and my PMs didn't go through. No idea though, they've been posting so their internet isn't down and they took trios off their want list in their sig. That said, the cave is NOT being blocked by the ap atm and the biomes are wide open biggrin.gif

I just snagged another magma and it's code is Ipwn. I am so keeping that one!

What can those of us who do not have those low gen Tinsels, or metals offer to get these? That's my problem. I'd like more CB Magmas and Thunders at this point, but all the stated choices are beyond what my scroll normally produces or anything I can catch in the Cave.

I don't trade often, but when I do, I'm looking for hatchlings. Usually BSAs. I don't know if that's the case any more, but I used to see a lot of people wanting hatchlings for Trios or pretty Metals. I'm usually so impatient that I'd rather trade a valuable egg for hatchlings so I don't have to raise them myself. tongue.gif

Sorry, I missed this earlier.

Personally, it depends on the trio. I'm collecting 16 to be able to do a red nebula/magma lineage then trying to move on to ices. From what I've seen so far, magmas aren't too bad to catch. The main problem is the volcano biome isn't moving very well. Thunders aren't bad. Desert clears every hour and they tend to sit through a refresh or two as people are filling up on reds, blacks, nebulas, whites and metals. I just tried to get some ices this morning and it looks like Alpine isn't clearing and has 90 people in it, so ices look a bit hard right now.

I'd probably swap a trio egg for a hatchy I'm looking for. In this case, My next wanted are cb pinks, whites, purples. I tend to value time spent. It takes about 48 hours to catch and then probably to trade the trio and refill the egg slot with a new trio. While the hatchy takes about 72 hours to get with incubate. So the net gain for me is 24 hours off the hatching time and using my scroll slots that otherwise sit empty. Two hatchies? <3

That's solely my take on it though.

I don't trade often, but when I do, I'm looking for hatchlings. Usually BSAs. I don't know if that's the case any more, but I used to see a lot of people wanting hatchlings for Trios or pretty Metals. I'm usually so impatient that I'd rather trade a valuable egg for hatchlings so I don't have to raise them myself.  tongue.gif

I know I did trade BSA hatchling or eggs for some of my Trios, but those were about a year and a half ago. It seems like various shinies are all anyone asks now days.

My last CB Magma came in a trade from the only 2nd gen Silver that my one CB Silver has produced, and the latest CB Ice was a gift from someone I had previously gifted. I traded for both of my Thunders, also a very long time ago.

I have one 3rd gen Tin, but it was a very special gift, and I would feel horrible using any of it's offspring for trades. When it starts producing, it's offspring will also be gifted as part of a project.

@ Vhale - I can catch Reds easily, (have an egg on CD right now!) and have just started being able to catch Blacks, but all the Trios I've seen flash by so fast that all I ever get is the "Sorry" message. I wish I could see one that just sat there! lol

Guess I'll try raising more BSA dragons once I unlock again! Thank you both for your responses!