lundfamily3

Trading Inflation

The blusang release was quite bad, I and many other people had been wanting the sprites since I/we saw them in Dragon Requests and were waiting for them since 2011 I think.

Edited by DarkEternity

This. Before the mass CB metal phase and just after the winners were announced, I went on a crazy search for CB metals. This was in the period where you would see approximately 1 CB metal every 8 hours. I managed to catch 3 and spent almost all my time PMing winners, trying to work out trades before every single other person on the forums made deals. I only managed to trade off one of my CB metals before they all grew up, but the point is that even if CB metals were not my favourite thing, having them became a necessity.

Yeah, that kind of hunting is pretty much what I did last year. And I grabbed tons of Golds and Silvers, and I managed to make some good deals. But the fact is that I hadn't even really been main cave hunting for a long time before that because I was working on other parts of my collection, having completed most of my metal sets back during the first metal over-production period.

So I'm certainly one who scooped up metals that would have been there for other folks to grab. And that's the way the game goes, so I don't feel like it shouldn't happen, just that I think, from a gameplay perspective, that it's had the unintentional effect of closing some people out of the high end trade market.

A couple of people who offered CB Silvers for new dragons early in the release certainly didn't help.

Yeah, that does tend to mess with people's minds when they see offers like that because they equate isolated offers with general value, which are not always the same thing.

Have to say I agree with both of those (but we can all take a slightly guilty pleasure in whining about the second one sometimes ;P ).

Slightly? I take tons of guilty pleasure in all my game whining! xd.png

except I don't feel all that guilty lol

Have to agree with this, as well. It would be nice to give out larger numbers, but as with the Tinsels, maybe this year more Shimmer Scales will be given out as prizes at Christmas.

On the bright side, the prizes do seem to throw off the rare scale, making metals easier to come by. I've seen at least 10 CB Silver since the Shimmer Scales entered the Cave.

The thing is that I don't remember this happening with the Tinsels. That's why a lot of people thought the new release was going to be rare, because they believed that the metals were increasing to compensate.

Frankly, if this metal increase isn't in response to something then I shudder to think of the drought we'll have to balance it out later.

If only they could understand that. I, too, believe this is worse (though I can really only compare it to Christmas/Valentine releases, as well as the Tri-Horn release, since that's all I've been around for).  Can't say I recall many people asking for CB Metals for their Tri-Horns. I also really think that the unknown rarity of these new dragons have something to due with the outrageous requests.

Yeah, we never get rarity info because...something about rarity not being an in-game thing...I actually don't quite get that, but someone smarter than me can probably explain it. laugh.gif

The only clue we really have is that we were told that rares would drop in all biomes. However, when the Luminas were introduced and dropped in all biomes they turned out not to be rare and a lot of us were blink.gif about it. lol

But given how hard Blusangs are to come by, even being in one biome can still make a dragon relatively hard to come by, so it can sort of feel rare.

My great fear is that we'll get a new rare, but won't know it because it will be released in only one biome, but then, in a month or two, it will start to migrate and that's how it will move to all the biomes so that we won't know ahead of time.

Edited by skauble

The thing is, there are still a load of CB Shimmer owners for whom the majority of the forums doesn't know. We don't knew your forum name or even if you are on the forum. That's why I think that people make offers in the trading threads. They hope that one of the previously unknown winners (who probably doesn't keep a list) will pop out of the ground and PM them. They are not hoping that Wolfsong, Noxion, Forest or Qualeo will PM them - they hope that they'll get a shot at some other winner.

Ah, I see your point. But even still, their requests can be a bit impractical. I'm not sure how it is for the other winners, but at first my Shimmer wasn't breeding so well. Even with the chance that an unknown winner does want to trade, what's the chance their Shimmer can/will breed, or they have an extra egg laying around? Most the ones I've seen ask for Shimmer Scales just toss up the teleport link and say don't offer anything but Shimmer Scales. Not leaving their forum name, or even saying their scroll name is their forum name. Granted, I am talking about EATW, since that's where I spend my trading, unless it's more serious.

Also, thanks for the congrats.

The thing is that I don't remember this happening with the Tinsels. That's why a lot of people thought the new release was going to be rare, because they believed that the metals were increasing to compensate.

Frankly, if this metal increase isn't in response to something then I shudder to think of the drought we'll have to balance it out later.

Well, I can't really say much, due to being new and all. But I have heard terrible stories of droughts, but to me that wouldn't really make much of a difference. Since I really never did see any rares before the Shimmers were entered. Though I can see the backlash that will cause in trading and whatnot. Especially for those who are trying to get IOUs filled. But I suppose that is the risk of taking an IOU.

Yeah, we never get rarity info because...something about rarity not being an in-game thing...I actually don't quite get that, but someone smarter than me can probably explain it.

I thought I understood. Until you said you did not remember this happening with the tinsels. I thought the "rate" in which certain dragons occurred was due to ratios of other dragons. Such as Golds and Silvers were hardly seen because they were the rarest. Then, when the Shimmer Scales were added to the cave, it made the Golds and Silvers not as rare, therefore they appeared in cave more. At least that's how I thought it worked.

The blusang release was quite bad, I and many other people had been wanting the sprites since I/we saw them in Dragon Requests and were waiting for them since 2011 I think.

The Blusangs were released while I was in China and I couldn't catch a single one. tongue.gif A very lovely person saw that I was struggling with the release and gifted me with some Brimstones and a couple of Blusangs. wub.gif It wasn't until I got to Vietnam and beyond that I could catch my own...

I should also note, regarding CBs of things, that it's psychologically quite important for me to catch and raise dragons in a game about catching and raising dragons. Even as a newbie I never wanted to join gifting threads or beg older players for eggs - it seemed too much like cheating and I wanted to catch my *own* dragons, dammit! And it took a while and a lot of practice, but I got there in the end. Until quite recently I'd managed to catch at least one CB of every available in-cave breed except Silvers. A different lovely person saw me mention this somewhere and gifted me a beautiful CB Silver, the only CB metal I've ever been gifted. Happily, just a few weeks later I managed to catch a CB Silver myself, which was a huge milestone for me. Both those dragons are really special to me for quite different reasons.

I suppose what I'm trying to say in a very long-winded way is that trading for piles of stuff is nice and all, but once my scroll goals are reached (which I can see happening really rather quickly rolleyes.gif) I foresee me doing quite a lot of gifting and lottoes in the future, and otherwise just getting on with working on lineages, breeding for other peoples' lineages and catching new releases. smile.gif Rares are nice and all *hugs Halloween/metal checkers*, but so are all those commons and there are so many fun ways to combine them. wink.gif

I should also note, regarding CBs of things, that it's psychologically quite important for me to catch and raise dragons in a game about catching and raising dragons.  Even as a newbie I never wanted to join gifting threads or beg older players for eggs - it seemed too much like cheating and I wanted to catch my *own* dragons, dammit!

ITA with this, which is why I think that it's probably time that DC took a serious look at how we could be inclusive for those who simply are never going to have the connection/hardware/whatever to get rares. Because, while I do believe, as you said, that with time lots of people will be able to get that elusive dragon, some people just don't seem to be able to and I think a lot of them get frustrated and stop playing.

Although it's not the same as catching one in a drop, I've been thinking about something like somehow being able to lay a trap and catch hatchlings from the cave. I mean, I know why we can't go in and get them (dragons would eat us), but I don't see why they can't, with a lot of effort ad a limited success rate, be lured out to us. Like I said, not the same as catching, but it's still an achievement.

I don't know if that particular idea would be doable, but I think that there should be some creative ideas kicked around to make some things personally achievable for the folks who really just are locked out of that end of the rarity spectrum.

I also think it would help with some of this trade inflation if people believed that they could get metals on their own, no matter what issues they had with catching.

ITA with this, which is why I think that it's probably time that DC took a serious look at how we could be inclusive for those who simply are never going to have the connection/hardware/whatever to get rares. Because, while I do believe, as you said, that with time lots of people will be able to get that elusive dragon, some people just don't seem to be able to and I think a lot of them get frustrated and stop playing.

...that is the tricky bit, I agree. Like I say, I worked at it (I don't think my connection's ever been anything to write home about, but I have very good reflexes and my hardware's usually pretty decent - perks of being a computer geek), and eventually I got lucky/skilled enough to catch most things. But not everyone has that ability, for whatever reason. And the Cave's much less forgiving now. :/

(I hope I don't sound like I'm telling people to "just be patient!" - patience is great and all but it's not the entire answer at all...)

I agree with the above posts. As a newbie I didn't bother with pretty much any gifting threads, as I wanted to get things on my own. But since I joined in '09, I've never caught a single CB Metal, and I hardly ever catch any other CB rares either. I blame that mostly on my F-grade connection, because my reflexes are generally good. Of course, I suppose you could regard me as good at trading, because I can get the rares I want through that, but still, it takes a lot more effort for me to trade for things than all the big CB Metal catchers.

This is why I suggested the 'random egg' thing a few days back (though it seems to have slipped to page 2 of suggestions already). With a random egg people with slower connections could grab that and at least have a chance at a rare. Or as has been put forward too, there could be an option to grab a random egg from the queue of eggs waiting to enter the biome. It could be anything from a Mint to a Gold xd.png.

That said, I do quite like Skauble's lure idea, though it would have to have a very low success rate.

Edited by TheGrox

...that is the tricky bit, I agree.  Like I say, I worked at it (I don't think my connection's ever been anything to write home about, but I have very good reflexes and my hardware's usually pretty decent - perks of being a computer geek), and eventually I got lucky/skilled enough to catch most things.  But not everyone has that ability, for whatever reason.  And the Cave's much less forgiving now.  :/

(I hope I don't sound like I'm telling people to "just be patient!" - patience is great and all but it's not the entire answer at all...)

I don't get the "just be patient" vibe from your post because, like you said, it's not the whole answer. IMO, practice and persistence do work for most people - and are vastly underrated. And some folks have the luxury of time, or they make this hobby a priority in their fun time, to get the practice and cave hours in in a shorter span of time and so they're often more successful faster, which can seem discouraging to some players.

But I've known some players who have been here for years who are still trying to get metallics. And you have to wonder - for however many we hear from, how many just decided not to stick it out?

And this is another place that I think the trade inflation hits hard - There are some prize winners, like you and TobiDei who don't plan to focus so heavily on metallic trades. But I don't think that a lot of people know that because all the trades being offered are metallics, and often multiples of those.

Added to that is the fact that, quite often, owners of 2nd gen prize dragons will only except metals (which is understandable, because they've just got the one lineage, as opposed to being able to create new ones, and so they have to get maximum value before the lineage spreads and devalues), and it creates this feeling that you can't get metal trades without having a low gen/rare Tin/Shimmer to offer and that you can't get a Tin/Shimmer without a metal.

So while I don't think it's wrong that people might "charge" more for an egg then they "paid" for the parent, it does add to this new perception that only CB metals have value.

Ah, I see your point. But even still, their requests can be a bit impractical. I'm not sure how it is for the other winners, but at first my Shimmer wasn't breeding so well. Even with the chance that an unknown winner does want to trade, what's the chance their Shimmer can/will breed, or they have an extra egg laying around? Most the ones I've seen ask for Shimmer Scales just toss up the teleport link and say don't offer anything but Shimmer Scales. Not leaving their forum name, or even saying their scroll name is their forum name. Granted, I am talking about EATW, since that's where I spend my trading, unless it's more serious.

Also, thanks for the congrats.

Most forum trades ask for a spot on the list for a 2nd gen, and if people aren't willing to accept an IOU they are asking for higher gens. *shrugs* EATW market was always a bit disconnected from forum trades, and you are much more likely to find weird trades there.

As far as breeding Shimmers goes, some people had more success then the others. They usually post about it in the Prize discussion thread, so you can head there and compare the results.

I agree on some way to give us slowpokes a chance. Heck, half of our problems would have been solved if lineages weren't devalued so much.

Added to that is the fact that, quite often, owners of 2nd gen prize dragons will only except metals (which is understandable, because they've just got the one lineage, as opposed to being able to create new ones, and so they have to get maximum value before the lineage spreads and devalues), and it creates this feeling that you can't get metal trades without having a low gen/rare Tin/Shimmer to offer and that you can't get a Tin/Shimmer without a metal.

If metals weren't so plentiful, right now, chances are that people wouldn't be asking for that much. And of course, people who were willing to let them go for lower prices already made lists, and that leaves just those that are looking for metals. And when they see the madness that trade forum is right now, of course that they'll ask for a highest possible price.

Edited by PointOfOrigin

And this is another place that I think the trade inflation hits hard - There are some prize winners, like you and TobiDei who don't plan to focus so heavily on metallic trades.  But I don't think that a lot of people know that because all the trades being offered are metallics, and often multiples of those.

I'd like to point out a few things; they have over 2,000 dragons (correct me if I'm mistaken), and I have less than 300. We are, in fact, extremes in the spectrum. What do you ask for when you have 2,000 dragons? Making assumptions here, they (probably) have plenty of Trios and obtained GoN, (probably) have many armies of all breeds, or at least most. Where I'm a newbie so what did I ask for? CB Trios, CB Golden Wyverns, and a pair of CB Silvers and Golds. My point here is (as stated) we're extremes. Most people will probably fit in the in between range. They too, (probably) have a reasonable amount of Trios and got GoN, and probably anything else that didn't require too much time and effort. So what do they ask for? Well, anything they don't have. Which will probably be the things they were too lazy to put in the effort for, or just didn't have the luck to get- Silvers, Golds, Neglected dragons, etc.

What I'm trying to say is, perhaps they're asking what they're asking, because it's pretty much all the have left to obtain? In which case, if many people only have CB Metals left to acquire, than of course CB Metals will be of the most value. Even if they have plenty of other things to catch (such as my self), CB Metals will still hold very high value. They can be bred to get 2nd Gen (which normally, not too much lately) are very good for trades, thus you're able to get more things you need.

I hope I explained that well and it isn't confusing. I should really be going to sleep soon...

I'd like to point out a few things; they have over 2,000 dragons (correct me if I'm mistaken), and I have less than 300. We are, in fact, extremes in the spectrum. What do you ask for when you have 2,000 dragons? Making assumptions here, they (probably) have plenty of Trios and obtained GoN, (probably) have many armies of all breeds, or at least most. Where I'm a newbie so what did I ask for? CB Trios, CB Golden Wyverns, and a pair of CB Silvers and Golds. My point here is (as stated) we're extremes. Most people will probably fit in the in between range. They too, (probably) have a reasonable amount of Trios and got GoN, and probably anything else that didn't require too much time and effort. So what do they ask for? Well, anything they don't have. Which will probably be the things they were too lazy to put in the effort for, or just didn't have the luck to get- Silvers, Golds, Neglected dragons, etc.

What I'm trying to say is, perhaps they're asking what they're asking, because it's pretty much all the have left to obtain? In which case, if many people only have CB Metals left to acquire, than of course CB Metals will be of the most value. Even if they have plenty of other things to catch (such as my self), CB Metals will still hold very high value. They can be bred to get 2nd Gen (which normally, not too much lately) are very good for trades, thus you're able to get more things you need.

I hope I explained that well and it isn't confusing. I should really be going to sleep soon...

True, and I'm not saying there's anything wrong with trading for metallics. Like I said, I think it's a "what the market will bear" system out there. If winners want to fill out their metallic collection, that's perfectly fine.

But, most of the time, you never see CB prize dragon winners offering eggs on the trade posts - it's mainly people offering things in hopes of getting a 2nd gen. And that leaves a lot of players with the impression that those eggs are the only way to get into the market. They assume that the only way to get a 2nd gen prize dragon is metallics - that it's all that's possible to use to make those trades. Then they see that people who have metallics for trade are asking for only prize dragons.

So, in the end, it's not specifically about which prize winner will take what, it's the perception that people have that there's this loop from CB metal catchers to prize dragon winners that's not penetrable by players without one of those two things.

And trade inflation is, in some ways, both the result and a perpetuator of that. People post things like new eggs for CB metals, in part, because they're desperate to move up on the trading ladder which they believe requires metals. Then people with metals can turn around and, as you said, demand 2nd gen prize dragons often without expecting to be on a wait list and then, whether that works or not, they keep hunting more and more metals. Which adds to the desperation of those without, who then ask for metals for new eggs...

And PoO makes a good point, that there's been a large devaluation in lineages. Even NDs aren't worth what they once were.

It might actually be a good thing if metallics stay a bit less rare, as they are right now with the mass falling in the cave. Maybe being more accessible will raise the value of other trades.

Edited by skauble

I also agree that lineages have been devalued and in my opinion it's a shame, especially for things like 4G perfect checker metals (how long would one of these take given the drought in recent times?) or Holiday checkers. I value the patient effort and final look over being caveborn these days, but then I've never been crazy about caveborns in general, or about having a complete set of sprites/dragons.

Lineages fetching high prizes would also unburden the problem of trading power for people who can't/won't catch rare CBs for whatever reason.

Seeing as value is based on fashions, so to speak, I'm holding out hope for a resurgence of lineage-fashions. In ye olden days long lineages were prized over (unattainable?) caveborns, organised lineages are relatively recent afaik and came right before the installation of new biomes which made CBs accessible. The pendulum may yet swing.

I also agree that lineages have been devalued and in my opinion it's a shame, especially for things like 4G perfect checker metals (how long would one of these take given the drought in recent times?) or Holiday checkers. I value the patient effort and final look over being caveborn these days, but then I've never been crazy about caveborns in general, or about having a complete set of sprites/dragons.

Lineages fetching high prizes would also unburden the problem of trading power for people who can't/won't catch rare CBs for whatever reason.

Seeing as value is based on fashions, so to speak, I'm holding out hope for a resurgence of lineage-fashions. In ye olden days long lineages were prized over (unattainable?) caveborns, organised lineages are relatively recent afaik and came right before the installation of new biomes which made CBs accessible. The pendulum may yet swing.

Well, with all this talk about lineages recently, I do hope that they'll get more attention. And it seems that some people are picking up a new trend - like DarkEternity did and one other person that I've just traded with. And all this stampedo for CBs does a bit to do with lineages. After all, how are we supposed to make ones if we don't have CBs?

But I do feel that some things should be done. IMO, seperating trading and gifting thread for even gens should be a first step. I generally avoid posting trades there because I get a weird feeling when I see all those gifting posts. As it is, right now, that is primarily gifting thread and trading posts do get overlooked.

It might actually be a good thing if metallics stay a bit less rare, as they are right now with the mass falling in the cave. Maybe being more accessible will raise the value of other trades.

I definetively agree there. Maybe it would help putting back some balance if the percieved value of CB Metals was not so very high above verything else.

Well, with all this talk about lineages recently, I do hope that they'll get more attention. And it seems that some people are picking up a new trend - like DarkEternity did and one other person that I've just traded with. And all this stampedo for CBs does a bit to do with lineages. After all, how are we supposed to make ones if we don't have CBs?

But I do feel that some things should be done. IMO, seperating trading and gifting thread for even gens should be a first step. I generally avoid posting trades there because I get a weird feeling when I see all those gifting posts. As it is, right now, that is primarily gifting thread and trading posts do get overlooked.

That's true re: needing CBs for lineages, but I got the impression most such lineages were for private consumption? At least the trades offering them seem rare.

I know what you mean re: funny feeling from gifts, and I also think that among others they foster an atmosphere of "Why offer, they'll gift it eventually." Which further devalues lineages as worthwhile trades (though doesn't devalue the kindness of gifters!) and doesn't encourage anyone to trade them, here or anywhere. People pay more for things that aren't free, simply enough.

I agree with the above posts. As a newbie I didn't bother with pretty much any gifting threads, as I wanted to get things on my own. But since I joined in '09, I've never caught a single CB Metal, and I hardly ever catch any other CB rares either. I blame that mostly on my F-grade connection, because my reflexes are generally good. Of course, I suppose you could regard me as good at trading, because I can get the rares I want through that, but still, it takes a lot more effort for me to trade for things than all the big CB Metal catchers.

This is why I suggested the 'random egg' thing a few days back (though it seems to have slipped to page 2 of suggestions already). With a random egg people with slower connections could grab that and at least have a chance at a rare. Or as has been put forward too, there could be an option to grab a random egg from the queue of eggs waiting to enter the biome. It could be anything from a Mint to a Gold xd.png.

That said, I do quite like Skauble's lure idea, though it would have to have a very low success rate.

You have a Shimmer, you can get as many CB Metals as you want.

You have a Shimmer, you can get as many CB Metals as you want.

Ironically, the only reason people can get CB Metals for Shimmers is because people will offer them. And if people keep offering CB Metals, people are just going to keep asking for them. And it's common sense to pick the best offers.

wink.gif

IMO, I think the trading economy as a whole is silly - but if that's what people are offering, I think it's understandable they'd accept.

Ironically, the only reason people can get CB Metals for Shimmers is because people will offer them. And if people keep offering CB Metals, people are just going to keep asking for them. And it's common sense to pick the best offers.

wink.gif

IMO, I think the trading economy as a whole is silly - but if that's what people are offering, I think it's understandable they'd accept.

ITA with this.

Which is why I think that the CB metal rate should stay up and there should be more prize dragons awarded (or have the prize dragons multi-clutch). Lowering the perception of unmatchable value is, IMO, in the best interest of the game. If people believe that they have a chance to get a CB metallic or a prize dragon without waiting years, then they won't necessarily feel the need to make that particular trade every time it comes up. But right now, for a lot of folks, there's the idea that metallics are so rare that you need to take them while you can get them. And the same is true, to some extent, with prize dragon offspring.

If metals drop at a pretty consistent rate and a lot more people had prizes to breed, I think that things like unique or time consuming lineages would regain some value, and so would things like lineage pieces - like if I have a 4th gen but nothing to breed it to, someone's matching 4th gen can have a lot of inherent value. It's just that the way things stand, people go for, as you say, the "best" offer, but a minor shift in the game, here and there, can change what that best offer looks like.

I just think it's a good idea to regain the sense that people can make trades without having a metallic buy in and, more importantly IMO, foster the situation we used to have where there was, not necessarily an equal value, but still a strong value in the things that people could build with the dragons that they could get.

I also think that if CB metals were more available then metals longer than 2nd gen might rebound some because then everyone doesn't have to worry about being as almost CB as possible.

I never know what will be wanted and what won't. I had a 2nd gen Speckle egg with GOLD parent, and no offers!!!

It's weird. It really is. Sometimes I wonder why I even bother to try to trade.

I only noticed the demands going through the roof with the new dragons, with people asking for multiple CB metals for one Speckle-Throated egg (which are -hopefully- at most going to be uncommon, not rare). But that was the first mad rush and due to the low number of new eggs in existence, I think.

I also know the frustration of putting something up for trade, and not getting any offers except for a common CB when I clearly asked for lineaged offers. xd.png

But I love trading and remind myself that it's all down to luck in the end, there may be lots of players who are looking for what I'm offering but don't happen to look at the trade thread right now.

And how often have I seen awesome trades but didn't offer because I was locked or my dragons didn't give me the egg the trader asked for, or whatever other reason...

And many times I get so much more than what I hoped for, amazing lineages or hard to find uncommons for something I didn't think all that valuable. Those trades are the best ones, when both parties think they got the better part of the bargain biggrin.gif and I really don't mind "paying" a Gold egg for an ultra-common egg, if it's something I was looking for.

I'm glad I grabbed the blusangs while I could. I knew they were going to be uncommon, but putting that on top of having them in only one biome, having a sprite that's desirable, and putting them in the slowest moving biome I guess makes them hard to get. I think I caught extras, not sure. With any release I try to get my CBs as fast as possible, then leave them alone for other people.

I've still been trying to trade some CB hatchlings and I'm only looking for lineaged hatchlings. Are CB hatchlings not as popular anymore?

I'm glad I grabbed the blusangs while I could. I knew they were going to be uncommon, but putting that on top of having them in only one biome, having a sprite that's desirable, and putting them in the slowest moving biome I guess makes them hard to get. I think I caught extras, not sure. With any release I try to get my CBs as fast as possible, then leave them alone for other people.

I've still been trying to trade some CB hatchlings and I'm only looking for lineaged hatchlings. Are CB hatchlings not as popular anymore?

Probably more a matter of people not having lineaged hatchlings on hand atm, lots of folks still waiting on their speckles to finish growing up too. If you are looking for specific lineages you might have better luck asking for eggs.

I never know what will be wanted and what won't. I had a 2nd gen Speckle egg with GOLD parent, and no offers!!!

It's weird. It really is. Sometimes I wonder why I even bother to try to trade.

I think the problem there is twofold.

First, a lot of people are trying out their ST with metals and many of them have been either dropping them to the AP (I had an ST from ST/Gold go there) or are sending them off in the community notice thread. So most people are probably still looking for CBs at this point, but if they're interested in 2nd gens there are free options available to them this early on in things when everyone is breeding their newly grown adults.

Second, without some concrete info on the rarity of these, I don't think that a 2nd gen ST, regardless of other parent, is going to command a price of things like 2nd gen metals (especially metal/common pairings) and definitely not 2-3 gen Tinsels. I don't know many people who would even accept a single CB ST for any of those eggs right now.

And while the inclusion of "other nice offers" leaves the trading door open, IME, people generally tend to judge what might be seen as a "nice offer" based on what the person has asked for. So many people who want to trade may not have exactly what you want, but see the "nice offers" suggestion to mean something else of a value equivalent to the other things being asked for.

I've offered a gold for a cb blusang, no takers so far