Mousia

Priorities...

Willow pushed back the harsh feelings that covered her skin with difficulty, shaking her long wet hair back and inadvertently scattering some droplets on the others, not that it mattered in the rain. Crates? The image of a small box made of wooden slats popped into her head, and she winced. No way was she hiding in a crate for however long the voyage took. She’s always disliked small spaces, but her time at Fowl’s Mouth and the increasing of her sensitivity to touch had turned it into outright terror.

“I can’t go in a crate,” she said, eyes wide with fear. “Small spaces…I-I can’t.” She could, however pretend to be a scientist. Her mother and father were a mathematician and an engineer, respectively. Not quite the same thing as the Fowl’s Mouth scientists—Willow guessed those were all some sort of experimental geneticist—but she could possibly mimic the affronted behavior her parents affected whenever their credibility was called into question. “I can probably mimic a scientist,” she added in a stronger voice, looking at the faces of the others. Her nervousness was increasing by the second—Fowl’s Mouth guards could appear any moment.

Kira listened to everyone talk and share ideas. She liked it when the smart people conversed. It was less thinking for her to do. Looking at the crates and looking at Vincent and Willow, who apparently would pretend to be scientists, she nodded. "I'll go in the crates. I can steal my own food and probably would come off too rough for a scientist. Is that all settled or what? Should we wait for certain death or get this show on the road?" She eyed an empty crate and walked to it. Looking it up and down, she nodded. Jumping onto the edge, she took one last look at the rainy marsh and then let herself fall inside. It wasn't a long fall, but she fell anyways. "C'mon!" she called from the crate. "We don't have time to waste!"

Gregory looked at Vincent. Yeah, Maria, Kira, and Vincent would be in the crate, and Gregory and Willow would be scientists. He looked at Kira and walked onto the boat. There were two scientists behind a wall and he knocked them out easily. He pulled them into an empty room and motioned for Willow to follow. He got dressed quickly. His eyes burnt. Ugh, he hated brightness! It was annoying. Gregory looked up at Willow. Well, this was it. Freedom! "Are you ready? I suggest that we avoid any interactions. If we have to speak, we have to sound convincing, okay?"

Vincent watched Gregory walk towards the boat. As soon as he was sure that he and Willow had the attention of those on board he began sneaking forward, making a little run out in the open for the nearest open crate, sliding inside and grabbing the lid. He hoped that Maria and Kira were able to pull off the same without much trouble, and that Gregory and Willow were able to convince those on board to bring the crates, and leave immediately.

Willow followed Gregory, watching him knock out the scientists with an impassive face. Dimly she recognized them, but they weren't the ones who had worked on her. She dressed quickly, taking time to wash out the scrapes on her arms from climbing through the window. She tore her old shirt into strips, binding the wounds. After a second's hesitation, she also bound and gagged the scientists. It couldn't hurt. Gregory was already dressed, and rubbing his eyes like they itched. "Are you ready? I suggest that we avoid any interactions. If we have to speak, we have to sound convincing, okay?" Willow nodded to both questions, trying not to roll her eyes at the second one, but he had already started walking towards the boat and likely hadn't seen. She bit back a sigh and raced to catch up with him, pulling her hair up into a bun in an attempt to make herself seem at least slightly more presentable.

The crate was like a big, solid, wooden box that was tipped on it's side. The lid was lying about a foot away from where Vincent was when he had turned around. It was dark inside, so he hesitated to close the lid. Especially before he could see Maria and Kira make it to the ones that weren't too far away safely. Since he made it here so fast he could see that they had chosen to wait behind a bit longer. He hoped that no guards had seen him, and that they wouldn't see them either. *Come on, we have to go!* He thought, reaching out and lifting the lid up, careful not to drag it as he pulled it tightly into place, locking himself in the darkness. The crate was fairly room, if it was tipped on it's back it would be deep enough for his knees to be completely bent, and it was basically his height when he was kneeling. As it was, he was doing an unnatural balance between crouching and kneeling because he didn't trust his knees against the lid.

Maria, moving fast, barely made it to crates and was inside before she heard boots. As the wood dragged against the deck when she tried to put the lid on, Maria bit her lip to keep from breathing too heavy. The thunk of the lid was all she needed to hear to know that the guard couldn't see her right now. Maria ended up in a box just roomy enough to her to curl up and drift off to sleep in. She didn't though, she laid there on the floor of the box, listening. Someone was in a box near her, she could tell from the breathing. However, she wondered how the others were doing, if they were okay, if they were set in their boxes and disguises. Soon, Maria couldn't keep her eyelids open. She let the waves carry her to sleep, and she was asleep, more comfortable than she had been in the laboratory.

Ooc; Maybe. I was surprised at how easy it was for us to get out. But we could always get dragged back in (or maybe part of us escape) or have struggles at the other end of the boat-ride. *shrugs*